Transportation of Kunming 2021 CBD
The 15th meeting of the Conference of the Parties (COP 15) to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) will be held in Kunming, Yunnan Province, China in October, 2020. For people plan to Kunming in this period, what you consider firstly is usually transportation. Kunming is the capital and largest city in Yunnan Province, and is the forefront and the portal of China facing Southeast Asia, South Asia and even the Middle East, so the transportation to Kunming is convenient. Besides, the internal transportation in Kunming is also convenient.
Transportation to Kunming
Kunming is one of the most important transportation hubs in southwestern China, and there are many ways to reach Kunming, such as plane, train, long-distance bus or driving, which is very convenient.
At present, there is only one airport in Kunming serving passengers, Kunming Changshui International Airport. Both domestic flights and international flights are available in Kunming Changshui International Airport.
- Lugu Lake
- Koh Samui
- San Francisco
- Chiang Rai
- Hong Kong
- Luang Prabang
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Chiang Mai
- Kuala Lumpur
How to Get to Kunming Dianchi International Convention and Exhibition Center from Kunming Airport
Upon arrival at the airport, taxi is the most convenient way going to downtown area from the airport. In daytime, the starting fare is CNY 8 for the first 3 km and CNY 1.8 per km for the rest of the journey. At night (22:00-06:00 next day), it is CNY 9.6 for the first 3 km and CNY 2.1 per km for the rest. It takes about 1 hour from Changshui Airport to Kunming International Convention and Exhibition Center at the cost of around CNY 100. If you want to take the subway/bus, you should take subway Line 6 from the airport, then transfer to subway line 3, then subway line 2 and subway line 1, or take No.919 bus C1 line and then transfer to Bus K15/207.
Note: In China, you can hail a taxi/car on the mobile phone.
- How to Travel to Jiuxiang Cave from Kunming
- Kunming to Shilin Train Schedule and Train Tickets Booking
- Kunming to The Stone Forest Bus Schedule and Bus Tickets Booking
- Kunming Airport- Kunming City Transportation
- Kunming Airport- Kunming Railway Station Transportation
- Kunming Airport- Kunming South Railway Station Transportation
- Kunming Changshui International Airport Shuttle Bus Timetable
How to Get to Kunming Dianchi International Convention and Exhibition Center from Kunming Railway Station
Kunming railway station is located in Guandu district of Kunming city. It is about 12 kilometers from Kunming Dianchi International Convention and Exhibition Center, and the whole journey is about 35 minutes by taxi with a cost of about 25 yuan. You can also take bus No.32 from Kunming Railway Station Stop to Dianchi Convention and Exhibition Center Stop.
How to Get to Kunming Dianchi International Convention and Exhibition Center from Kunming South Railway Station
Kunming South Railway Station, located in Wujiaying of Chenggong District in Kunming, is about 25 kilometers away from Kunming Dianchi International Convention and Exhibition Center. The whole journey is about 40 minutes by taxi with a cost of about 60 yuan. You can also take subway line 1 from Kunming South Railway Station Station to Kunming South Bus Station, then get out from exit B, and transfer to bus No.255 from Luosiwan Bus Terminal to Dianchi Convention and Exhibition Center Stop. Taking subway and bus is much cheaper, but spends more time.
Taking a plane/train to Kunming is more convenient and faster than taking long-distance bus. Therefore, long-distance bus is usually recommended when plane and train are not available. Kunming East Bus Station, Kunming West Bus Station, Kunming South Bus Station and Kunming North Bus Station are four important long-distance bus hubs in Kunming.
Traffic in Kunming
There are various forms of public transportation in the main urban areas of Kunming, including city bus, subway, taxi, bicycle and e-motorcycle. Among them, rail transit and buses are the main means of public transportation. Moreover, bicycles can be seen everywhere on the roads of Kunming.
Kunming Metro is still under construction. Now all lines of Kunming subway line 1, Kunming subway line 2, Kunming subway line 3 and Kunming subway line 6 have been opened.
- Kunming Subway Line 1: To and from Kunming South Railway Station and South Ring Road Station(环城南路站). Other main stations on the route include Dounan(斗南), Kunming South Bus Station, New Asia Sport City and Kunming Railway Station.
- Kunming Subway Line 2: To and from South Ring Road Station(环城南路站) and Kunming North Bus Station. Other main stations on the route include Kunming North railway Station.
- Kunming Subway Line 3: To and from Kunming East Bus Station and Xishan Park(西山公园). Other main stations on the route include Jinma Temple, Tuodong Gymnasium(拓东体育馆), Kunming Gymnasium and Kunming West Bus Station.
- Kunming Subway Line 6: To and from Kunming Changshui International Airport and Kunming East Bus Station.
By City Bus
By the end of 2018, Kunming bus group had operated 485 routes and 6,164 vehicles, carrying 2.1 million passengers per day. The bus network has covered the main roads, residential areas, stations, docks and commercial outlets, basically meeting the travel needs of citizens. All buses in Kunming are self-service ticketing buses, getting on in the front door and getting off in the back door. 1 yuan for normal buses and 2 yuan for air-conditioned buses.
- The stop time of public buses in Kunming is very short, tourists had better stand close to the door after boarding, so as not to delay getting off.
- Recommended A1 bus tour line: ticket price is 2 yuan, running through all the famous scenic spots in Kunming.