Safty of Yunnan Travel
Safety of Yunnan Travel mainly tells you some travel tips on safety of Yunnan travel, such as the best time to visit Yunnan, where to stay, where to eat, what to wear, etc., which can help you make a safety Yunnan travel. Generally speaking, Yunnan is a safe travel destination. The crime rate is relatively low, and the authorities tend to impose more severe punishment against crimes committed to foreigners. So tourists are unlikely to suffer serious harassment when traveling. Most of people you meet are friendly, honest and trustworthy, but their culture and living conditions are different from those of your home country, so be vigilant.
Best Time to Visit Yunnan
The weather in most areas of Yunnan is mild in winter and cool in summer. It is suitable to visit Yunnan all year round. As previously mentioned, Yunnan’s varied terrain results in diverse landscapes and weather conditions. The best time to visit depends largely on what you want to see and which part you want to go to. The best time to travel in Yunnan is in spring and autumn, especially March to April, and September to November. The rainy season in Yunnan occurs from June until August and during these times severe rainstorms can cause landslides in Shangri-La and some other remote areas which may interrupt essential services. You should monitor weather reports if travelling in affected areas. If a natural disaster occurs you should follow the advice of the local authorities. By taking certain precautions you can make your traveling expedition safe and enjoyable.
More about Best Time to Visit Yunnan
Choose a Good Hotel
A comfortable hotel guarantees a good rest. Pick your hotel with care; avoid lodging alone in a roadhouse in a dirty, noisy, or dangerous environment. Try to choose a more quiet and comfortable hotel to guarantee good rest. Remember to avoid going out alone, and plan to return as early as possible.
Safety Tips for Accommodation
- Determine in advance where the emergency exits are.
- Be sure there are no problems with the room windows, doors, or door locks; Lock the door securely before you go to sleep.
- When using the bathroom, watch out the wet floor.
- Confirm the identity of those who visit your room and do not let strangers in indiscreetly; for any questions, you can call the hotel’s reception.
- Valuables should not be left in the room when you go out; it is recommended that you deposit them in the checkroom or take them along with you.
- If you are a member of a tour group, inform your guide when you leave the hotel. Get a hotel card at the reception desk, with the hotel name, address and telephone printed in both Chinese and English. This will help you on your return to the hotel.
- Try to stand close to the safety alarm buttons on the hotel lift in case of emergency.
- Read carefully the hotel handbook of safety instructions and pay special attention to information on use of electric appliances.
Choose the Suitable Restaurant
Guarantee a reasonable diet and make sure the food is healthy. Bring some snack that is easy to carry. Eating more fruits helps to replenish energy and dispel fatigue. Eating well plays an important role in safety of Yunnan travel, which can help you better experience the beauty of Yunnan attractions.
Safety Tips for Eating
- Avoid overeating during your Yunnan travel, especially seafood dishes. Eating or drinking too much is bad for your health.
- Do not drink unboiled water. Bottled water is available to purchase in Yunnan. Do not buy the unbranded and dateless food produced by an unknown factory.
- When eating in a restaurant, take care of your bags and valuables; give way to the restaurant staff to avoid potential scalding by hot food or soup.
- Do not accept food, drink or cigarettes from strangers.
- If you are fond of liquor, keep consumption moderate during your Yunnan travel.
Traveling in Yunnan
During Yunnan travel, please pay attention to your safety. The specific safety travel tips during traveling are as follows:
- Choose appropriate places to visit according to your special interests.
- Avoid stress in your visit; the itinerary should be as loose as possible.
- If you are in a tour group, please remember clearly the contact instructions for your guide and driver, and the license plate number of your tourist bus so that you can easily find your group if you lose your way.
- If you are in a tour group, please confirm in advance the assembling time and the visiting itinerary before entering the scenic area.
- If you want to take photographs or videos, do make sure first that photos are allowed at this scenic spot. It is forbidden to take photos for some special attractions.
- If you have a cruise trip or take a cable car, pay special attention to safety.
- If there is a free day in your routing, please be especially careful for your safety. Contact your guide whenever you encounter a problem.
How to Keep Your Body Healthy
Water is easily available in Yunnan, but drink boiled or bottled water, not tap water wherever you go, including in hotels or on the train. Drinking water is available at restaurants and hotels.
- Don’t eat food purchased from street vendors.
- Eat only thoroughly cooked food, or fruits and vegetables that you have peeled yourself.
Good Habits for Health
- Don’t share needles with anyone.
- Wash hands often with soap or water (and/or instant antibacterial hand wash).
- Don’t touch animals (especially monkeys, cats, dogs), to avoid the risk of rabies.
- Don’t swim in fresh water (excluding well-chlorinated pools) in some parts of Yunnan to avoid infection with schistosomiasis.
What to Pack for Your Health
- Bring over-the-counter antidiarrheal medicine if you have or get diarrhea easily.
- Bring Ibuprofen, Motrin. Advil, or other types of mild pain relievers for headaches, toothaches, muscular aches, backaches, the common cold, menstrual cramps and fever reducers and mild body pain.
- If you have a medical condition that requires you to carry certain medicines, customs regulations only allow you to carry enough for personal use for the length of your stay. Many medicines are available in China.
- Bring Your Medical Records Along with You: All travelers are recommended to take their medical records along. In the event of an emergency your medical records will be of great assistance.
More about Keep Healthy in Yunnan
Matters Need Attention in Yunnan
Obey local laws and local customs
Yunnan may have the different laws from that of your country. It’s important to know that China has harsh penalties for people who possess or sell illegal drugs, and these rules and punishments apply to foreign citizens too. What’s more, Yunnan is a multi-ethnic place, please obey the local customs.
Protect Your Valuable Possessions
When you come to Yunnan, please take care of your valuables, especially the important documents. Do not leave your belongings unattended.
Remember the Important Phone Numbers
It is necessary to remember the important phone numbers, such as the phone number of your hotel. You can contact the hotel, if you leave something valuable in your hotel.
Ask for Help from Police
Whenever you meet something unexpected that may to harm you, do not hesitate to ask for help from police, hospital or other authorized organizations. For more information, please refer to our Emergencies.
Say “No” to Unreasonable Requirements
You might encounter some strangers who want to practice English with you. If you have enough time, then it’s ok to have a conversation. However, don’t come along if they start insisting on you going with them to some special places that you didn’t plan to in the first place. Don’t be afraid to say “no” to an offer. If you intend to continue the conversation, make sure that it is you who choose the place.
Dress rather more conservatively, especially as a woman. Do not wear over-revealing clothes or expensive jewelry, they may encourage unwanted attention. Avoid walking alone late at night or at places which make you have a feeling of discomfort.
Other Safety Travel Tips in Yunnan
- In China, please had better not travel in peak seasons, such as Chinese New Year, International Labor Day and National Day. If you want to experience the traditional festival culture, Taking a tour during the traditional festivals of China can get the opportunity to experience the festivals culture.
- Be careful of the changeable temperature. A few chilly days could be followed by relatively hot weather. So it is better to take some early winter clothes to protect you away from the sudden low temperature.
Top Themes Travel Tips in Yunnan
Various themes tours tips will tell you the most theme popular tours and the matters need attentions and guide you how to have a good trip in Yunnan. The detailed information related to all sorts of themes tours is as follows:
- Birding Travel Tips
- Cycling Travel Tips
- Education Travel Tips
- Ethnic Culture Travel Tips
- Motorbike Travel Tips
- Muslim Travel Tips
- Rafting Travel Tips
- Golf Travel Tips
- Train Travel Tips
- Tea Travel Tips
- Trekking Tips
- Photography Tips
- Find a Hospital in Yunnan
- Yunnan Travel Rescuers
- Yunnan Safety: Is It Safe to Travel Yunnan?
- Can Travelers Smoke in Yunnan?
- Medicine for High Altitude Illness
- How to Protect Your Skin While Traveling
- Five Tips for Travelling in Yunnan from Experts
- Why Do not Travel to Shangri-La
- How to Avoid Altitude Sickness While Traveling
- Yunnan Travel Advice When Lack of Oxygen
- Health Knowledge Before Traveling to Yunnan
- Police Stations in Yunnan