Chinese Visa, also known as China Visa, mainly introduces what is Chinese Visa, Chinese Visa Types, How to Apply for Chinese Visa, Exemption of Chinese Visa, 10-year Chinese Visa, etc.
What is Chinese Visa
A visa is a travel document issued by authorized government agencies to foreign citizens applying to enter, exit from or transit through the host country's territory based on the host country's laws and regulations. In accordance with international law and practice, any sovereign state is entitled to determine whether or not to allow a foreign citizen to enter or exit from its territory, and whether to issue a visa, decline a visa application or to cancel an issued visa in accordance with its national laws.
Chinese embassies, consulates and other institutions stationed abroad entrusted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China are visa-issuing authorities responsible for issuance of entry visas to foreigner citizens abroad, and are entitled to determine the type, number of entries, validity and duration of each stay of a visa to be issued, or to decline a visa application or revoke an issued visa, in accordance with Chinese laws and regulations. According to Chinese law, a foreign citizen may be refused entry into China even if he/she has a valid Chinese visa.
Foreign citizens must obtain a Chinese visa before entry into China, with the exception of visa-free entry based on relevant agreements or regulations.
Note: If you are planning on traveling to the Tibet Autonomous Region, you will need to get Tibet Travel Permit from a Chinese travel agency. If you want to visit some places, such as Mount Everest, you also need Frontier Pass and Aliens’ Travel Permit.
Chinese Visa Types
Chinese visas fall into four types: diplomatic visa, courtesy visa, service visa and ordinary visa. Ordinary visas are further divided into 12 sub-types or 16 categories.
More about Chinese Visa Types
How to Apply for Chinese Visa
- A Valid Passport: Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months when you enter into China.
- A Complete Visa Application Form: The visa application form can be downloaded from the Chinese embassy website. You complete it by computer, print and sign it.
- Photograph: 2 48mmx33mm half-body front view photos without hat.
- Certificate: Submit a certificate related to the application for entry and transit.
More about Chinese Visa Application
Chinese Visa Exemption
A foreign citizen can enter China without a visa under any one of the following circumstances:
- Direct Transit
- Visiting the Pearl River Delta or Hainan Island
- Citizens of Singapore, Brunei and Japan
- Holders of Valid APEC Business Travel Card
- Holders of PRC Foreigner's Permanent Residence Card
- Holders of Residence Permit for Foreigners issued by PRC Ministry of Public Security
- Bilateral Agreement
- Chinese Visa Exemption
- How to Plan Your Kunming City Tour for 144-Hour Visa-Free Transit
- How to Plan Your Yunnan Tour for Kunming 144-Hour Visa-Free Transit
10-year Chinese Visa
The 10-year China visa allows holders to enter China for multiple times during the validity of up to 10 years without the trouble of applying for visa again and again. Can I get a 10-year Chinese visa? You may ask. Well, currently, the multiple entry Chinese visa for 10 years is applicable to citizens from US, Canada, UK, and Argentina. The 10 years Chinese visa for Australians is on the way according to some reports, but yet not sure when to happen.
More about 10-year Chinese Visa