2 Days Tiger Leaping Gorge Trekking Tour
Tiger Leaping Gorge is recognized as one of the most famous scenic attractions for hiking in the world and one of the must-visit hiking itineraries in Yunnan recommended by...
Code of Tour: YET0000003181
Length of Travel: 2 Day
Destinations of Tour: Lijiang-Tiger Leaping Gorge-Tea&horse Guesthouse-Tina's Guesthouse
Departure City: Lijiang
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour:
Features of Tour: Nature Hiking Landscape
Tiger Leaping Gorge is recognized as one of the most famous scenic attractions for hiking in the world and one of the must-visit hiking itineraries in Yunnan recommended by ‘Lonely Planet’. This 2-day tour is a primary difficulty trekking tour. You can reach the highest point of this trekking: 28 Zigzag Bends to see how steep and thrilling the Tiger leaping Gorge is. You could also witness an incredibly loud, churning, foaming river relentlessly pounding giant boulders in its path and visit the must-visit hiking place.
- Challenge yourself by walking the steep paths in the Tiger Leaping Gorge;
- Have a grand view of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain and Haba Snow Mountain.
- Day 1: Lijiang – Qiaotou – Tea & Horse Guesthouse
- Day 2: Tea & Horse Guesthouse – Tina’s House – Lijiang
Day 1 Lijiang-Qiaotou Town-Tea & Horse Guesthouse
Sightseeing and Activities:Qiaotou Town, the First Bend of Yangtze River, Tiger Leaping Gorge, Nuoyu Village, 28 Zigzag Bends, Tea&horse Guesthouse
Accommodation: Tea & Horse Guesthouse
In the morning, drive about 100 KM to Qiaotou Town (Tiger Leaping gorge Town). Drive along the Naxi ethnic villages and the upper Yangtze River, with a panoramic view of the First Bend of Yangtze River on the way. You will start the trekking of Tiger Leaping Gorge, as one of the world’s four great gorges, is honored as one of the deepest and most marvelous gorges with 3900 meters in depth.
Start the trekking form the Qiaotou Primary School, after half an hour, arrive in Changsheng Village, pay a visit to Changsheng Hope Primary School. Arrive in Zhong Nuoyu village at noon and have lunch at Naxi Family Guesthouse. After lunch, you will start the most difficult part trekking to the 28 Zigzag Bends trail and reach the top peak at the elevation of 2670m.
You will arrive at Tea&Horse Guesthouse to finish today’s trekking. This is basically the halfway point of the journey.
Day 2 Tea&Horse Guesthouse-Tina’s Guesthouse-Lijiang
Sightseeing and Activities:waterfall, Tina’s Guesthouse /Middle Rapids, Thin Strip of Sky(Ray of Sunshine,一线天), Walnut Grove Garden
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Get up in the early morning, you will trek to Tina’ Guesthouse, then walk to Walnut Grove Garden. It’s a 30 minute walk along the road. Then drive back to Lijiang. Service ends.
(Another option: if you are in good physical condition, you can trek further. You will firstly trek from Tina’s Guesthouse down to Teacher Zhang’s Guesthouse, where you can have a nice view of the middle gorge looks like a big gate.It is quite steep trail from Teacher Zhang’s Guesthouse down to the Middle Rapids. Then you will trek from Thin Strip of Sky (Or:Ray of Sunshine, 一线天）to Walnut Grove Garden. Then drive back to Lijiang, service ends.
|Destination||5 Star||4 Star||3 Star|
|Tiger Leaping Gorge||/||/||Tea & Horse Guesthouse|
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Hotels as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.
- Take some lightweight clothes with you and wear comfortable walking shoes for tired trekking and overnight staying at Tiger Leaping Gorge. If possible, knee pads are necessary to avoid any bump.
- If trekking in winter or rainy season, the windbreaker, gloves, anti-skid shoes and waterproof coat will be needed in case of temperature drop and get wet in the rain.
- If you are easy to be hungry and tired during the trekking, bring some high caloric snacks with you, such as chocolate and beef jerky. If not, you can buy food at local guesthouses along the route.
- Our tour guide will provide you two bottles of water for each person every day. But we suggest you to bring more by yourself.
- For the strong ultraviolet ray there, we suggest you to wear sun bonnet or take sunsceen with you.
- Do not trek too fast, because the Tiger Leaping Gorge is located at high altitude area, or altitude sickness may happen to you.