Chinese Name: 德宏傣族景颇族自治州 English IPA: De Hong Location: West of Yunnan Population (city): 1,211,000 Language: Yunnan Dialect Zip code: 678400 Tel code: 0692 Time zone: UTC+8
Dehong Dai and Jingpo Autonomous Prefecture is known as the Peacock Town which is located in the west of Yunnan. Dehong is a transliteration from Dai language, meaning ‘the downstream of the Nujiang River’. Dehong Prefecture boasts distinctive geological advantages. It shares a 503.8 km border with Burma. Four of the five Dehong’s counties lie on the border.Historically, Dehong Prefecture was a major outpost of the ancient Silk Road. Nowadays, Dehong Prefecture is the juncture for the Chinese Economic Area, Southeast Economic Area and South Asia Economic Area. Dehong is the fascinating place where the Dai and Jingpo people as well as other ethnic groups live harmoniously. It offers the charming natural scenery and the superior climatic conditions. Local people forget the hustle and bustle of the city, enjoy the nature and appreciate the minority customs.
Highlights of Dehong
- Natural Tropical Landscape: Enjoying the gifts of nature, Dehong offers the unique subtropical rainforest scenic spots, such as Peacock Lake, Moli Waterfall and Moli Tropical Rainforest, etc.
- Minority Culture: There are five indigenous ethnic minorities in Dehong, which provides colorful and unique ethnic culture. Their traditional festival and ethnic villages have much to explore during your Dehong Culture Tours, such as the Jingpo’s Munaozongge Festival. Bianzhai Hansha Scenic Area is also a good choice for ethnic minority discovery tour in Dehong.
- Buddhist Culture: There are many Buddhist architectures since most Dai people in Dehong believe in Hinayana Buddhism. If you want to know about the Theravada Buddhism and the architecture art of Dai temples and pagodas, you shouldn’t miss the temples in Dehong, particularly the famous ones such as Yunyan Stupa , Jiele Great Golden Pagoda, Menghuan Golden Pagoda. Our Buddhism culture tour will also guide you to have a site watch of the Tree-Wrapped Pagoda and Pagoda-Wrapped Tree.
- Frontier Culture: Dehong is an important port bordering Burma. Dehong is geographically in close connection with Myanmar. Border culture is also a highlight of Dehong tours. Ethnic groups lead a harmonious life in the border areas, Sino-Burmese Baobo Carnival is the best proof to the better development of friendship between Chinese and Burmese. Jiegao Border Trade Zone also witness the border trade with Myanmar.
- Birding Tour: Dehong offers nice climate and unique geography, which make it become the land of birds. Among all bird watching routes in Yingjiang county, Yingjiang Hornbill Valley is the most unique and fantastic one. It has a good reputation as “China Horbill Valley”. Join in our Dehong Birding Tours, start your fantastic travel to the land of birds in Dehong.
Other Destinations in Dehong
Dehong attractions are well known for amazing tropical rain forest, colorful ethnic culture and border culture. Travelers can enjoy the leisure life in the ethnic villages, such as Hansha Village, appreciating the folk song and dance of local people. There are also natural tropical scenic spots like Ruili River and Moli Tropical Rainforest . Moreover, local Buddhist architectures can show you the beliefs of local people, such as the Yunyan Stupa and Menghuan [...]
Dehong Tours offer wide range of choices for your Dehong travel. Yunnan Exploration elaborately arranges Dehong tour packages for travellers, which covers main attractions of Dehong like Yunyan Pagoda as well as other top destinations in Yunnan. Most of the tours lasts over 10 days because there are so many places which is worthy to visit, such as Dali and Lijiang. We have tour packages like 4 Days Jingpo Ethnic Minority’s Munao Zongge Festival Tour and [...]
Climate & When to Go
Dehong weather and climate is also endowed with unique climate resources. This page will give the detailed information about the four seasons of Dehong, as well as what to wear during the Dehong travel. Dehong Climate & Weather Dehong Prefecture is close to the Tropic of Cancer, located at a low latitude and affected by the southwest monsoon of the Indian Ocean, which belongs to the south subtropical monsoon climate. In summer, warm and humid air from the Indian Ocean rises along the windward [...]
More Dehong Climate & When to Go >>
Dehong transportation is convenient in general. There are long-distance buses and airlines from Kunming to Dehong. The railway station is being built. It is also convenient to get around in Dehong. Dehong Prefecture boasts distinctive geological advantages. It shares a 503.8 km border with Burma. Four of the five Dehong's counties lie on the border. There are 28 ferries, 64 passages and 9 highways that lead to Burma. Historically, Dehong Prefecture was a major outpost of the ancient Silk Road. Nowadays, [...]
Festivals and Activities
Dehong festivals and activities tell you what to do during the festival tour in Dehong, and they will surely enrich your Yunnan Travel. Dehong is a place where multi-ethnic groups inhabit. As the major minorities inhabited in Dehong, Dai, Jingpo, Achang, Lisu and Deang formed their distinctive ethnic culture which is also revealed in their ethnic festivals. Different nationalities create different cultures. Therefore, there are diverse festivals in Dehong. Dehong Festivals Besides the pleasant subtropical climate and beautiful tropical rainforest scenery, the unique [...]
More Dehong Festivals and Activities >>
Dehong travel tips will be helpful to plan your trip to Dehong. For a better travel experience, it's necessary to read the information below. Dehong travel tips will also be helpful to your Yunnan Travel. Useful Numbers Zip Code 678400 Dailing Code 0692 Fire 119 Police 110 Ambulance 120 Weather Forecast 121 Traffic Accidents 122 Tourist Complaints 0692-2121528 Dehong Tourism Bureau 0692-2109505 Dehong Public Security Bureau 0692-2114239 The Best Time to Visit Dehong The best time to visit Dehong is from September to May next year. September to May next year is the best time to travel to Dehong. You can not only [...]
Dehong Maps will help you have a better understanding about Dehong Dai and Jingpo Autonomous Prefecture, and plan a Dehong tour easily. Yunnan Exploration offers some very useful Dehong Maps including tourist maps, including Dehong location maps, region maps, Dehong attractions mas, maps of scenic spots around Dehong, which may be helpful in your Dehong travel. Dehong Tourist Attractions Maps [images_gallery type="post" cat_slug="maps" tag_slug="lianghe-county,maps-of-tourist-attractions" [...]
Dehong accommodation solves the problem of where to stay in Dehong. Although there are not many luxury hotels, all these hotels share good furnishing or with amazing view surrounded. Besides, it’s available to reasonable price and nice services which will guarantee travellers a cozy stay. Most of high-quality hotels are in Mangshi. Detailed information of hotels is listed as below. Recommended Hotels in Dehong The Best Luxury 5-star Hotels in Dehong Jingcheng Dihai Hot-spring Hotel & Resort (瑞丽景成地海温泉度假中心) Address:East Section of Ruili Avenue, Ruili 瑞丽市瑞丽大道东段 [...]
Other Hot Destinations in China
- Babao Town
- Baisha Ancient Town
- Baoshan Stone Town
- Dali Ancient Town
- Dongchuan Red Land
- Haba Snow Mountain
- Heshun Ancient Town
- Honghe Hani Rice Terraces
- Jade Dragon Snow Mountain
- Lashihai Lake
- Lijiang Ancient Town
- Lugu Lake
- Meili Snow Mountain
- Shuanglang Town
- Shuhe Ancient Town
- Stone Forest
- Three Parallel Rivers
- Tiger Leaping Gorge
- Yuanyang Hani Rice Terraces