Dehong transportation is convenient in general. There are long-distance buses and airlines from Kunming to Dehong. The railway station is being built. It is also convenient to get around in Dehong. Dehong Prefecture boasts distinctive geological advantages. It shares a 503.8 km border with Burma. Four of the five Dehong's counties lie on the border. There are 28 ferries, 64 passages and 9 highways that lead to Burma. Historically, Dehong Prefecture was a major outpost of the ancient Silk Road. Nowadays, Dehong Prefecture is the juncture for the Chinese Economic Area, Southeast Economic Area and South Asia Economic Area.
How To Get to Dehong
There is an airport in Mangshi City of Dehong Region- Mangshi Airport. Local people call Mangshi City as Mangshi. Mangshi (or Fengping) Airport is 6.5 kilometers away from the city proper of Mangshi. It operates several regular flights to and from Kunming, domestic direct flights to Beijing, Shanghai, Xi'an, Shenzhen, Guangzhou and Chengdu. The 470 -kilometer flight from Kunming to Mangshi will take you about 45 minutes and cost you 530 yuan at most. Tourists to Dehong Region will have to reach Mangshi City first and then transfer to Wandin, Ruili, Yingjiang and other destinations. In the future, Mangshi Airport will be built into an international airport and charter flights from Mangshi to Mandalay in Myanmar have been opened.
Dehong Domestic Flights
Dehong International Flights
Dali-Ruili Railway, which will have an intermediate stop in Mangshi city, Dehong, will be completed in 2022. By then, visitors can travel to Dehong by train and enjoy the scenery along the way.
After 50 years' construction, transportation facilities in Dehong Prefecture have improved considerably. There are 4,976 kilometers of highways, among which 276 kilometers are highways of class-II standard. Every village in Dehong Prefecture benefits from highways and Dehong is the first prefecture in Yunan that extends asphalt road to every village. With National Highway 320 passing through, Mangshi, capital city of Dehong Prefecture, boasts efficient transportation links. The National Highway 320 enters Dehong territory from Shuangpo (双坡) in Mangshi and goes directly to Ruili Jiegao via Mangshi, Fengping Town (风平), Santaishan Town (三台山), Zhefang Town (遮放) and Wanding (畹町), with a connecting line to Ruili Nongdao Town (弄岛镇). Construction of the Dehong section of the Hangzhou-Ruiz Expressway has started, and the counties and cities in Dehong Prefecture have realized complete interconnection by secondary road surface .
The Bus Stations in Dehong provides long-distance buses to many cities in Yunnan province such as Kunming, Dali, Xishuangbanna, Baoshan and Lingcang, ect. Bus schedule to Panzhihua in Sichuan is also available.
Dehong Prefecture has 2 national ports (Wanding Port and Ruili Port) and 2 provincial ports (Zhangfeng Port in Longchuan County and Xiaopingyuan Port in Yingjiang County). In addition, Dehong Prefecture is a gateway of Yunnan-Burma Highway, Stilwell Road and oil pipelines. As the most convenient passage that combines Southeast Asia, South Asia and the Indian Ocean, Dehong Prefecture is doubtlessly an open frontier of Yunan province and an important platform for mutually beneficial cooperation with southern countries.
- Kunming-Dehong Transportation
- Dali City-Ruili City Transportation
- How to Get to Yingjiang County from Kunming
- How to Get to Mangshi City from Dali City
- How to Get to Mangshi City from Kunming
- How to Get to Ruili City from Kunming
- Region Map of Mangshi City in Dehong
- How to Get to Luxi County from Kunming
- How to Get to Longchuan County from Kunming
- How to Get to Ruili City from Tengchong County
How to Get Around Dehong
There are 9 bus lines running in Mangshi city of Dehong, reaching most areas of the city and nearby villages, towns and tourist attractions, and the fare is 1-2yuan. However, buses returning from scenic spots in various counties and towns generally increase their fares by 1-3 yuan. The No. 6 Bus and No. 2 Bus can take you to Mangshi Airport.
Ruili City also has 9 buses to provide tourists convenient city transportation. The No. 1 bus goes to Nongdao Town while No. 6 bus reaches Ruili Bus Station.
By Taxi or DiDi
It is easy to take a taxi in Mangshi and Ruili of Dehong prefecture, and it won't cost you too much. If you take a taxi to destinations within the city, the fare won't exceed 25 yuan.
- In Mangshi City, the starting price during the day (from 7: 00 to 23: 00) is 8 yuan for 3 kilometers, and the price for those exceeding 3 kilometers will be adjusted to 2 yuan. At night (23: 00 on the same day-7: 00 on the next day), the starting price is 12 yuan for every 3km, and the price for mileage exceeding 3km is adjusted to every kilometer in 3 yuan.
- In Ruili City, the starting price during the day is 8 yuan for 3 kilometers, and the price for those exceeding 3 kilometers will be adjusted to 2 yuan. At night (23: 00 on the same day-7: 00 on the next day), the starting price is 12 yuan for every 3km, and the price for mileage exceeding 3km is adjusted to every kilometer in 3 yuan.
Taxi Company Tel: 0887-8224000
DiDi Car-hailing service is also available in Dehong. Just download a DiDi App, then just input the address where you wanna go and where you're in, and submit the order, the driver who take the order will pick you up to your destination.
Mangshi is a relatively small city, renting bicycles for sightseeing is also a good choice. Shared bikes are available in most areas of the city. You can just scan the QR code and pay by Alipay, then the bike is ready to use.
By Private Car Rental
Renting a car to travel around Dehong is more comfortable and convenient but with more expense. If you need to rent a car, Yunnan Exploration provides this service, please call us or send us an email. We're confident that our experienced and skilled driver and good-condition vehicle will leave you a deep impression.
Photo Number: +86-0871-63511469
Email Address: contact@YunnanExploration.com
If want to tour around the countryside of Dehong, such as Dadenghan Village, Wanding, ethnic towns and villages as well as other tourist destinations in Counties of Dehong, you can take the mini-buses to those places at Mangshi Southern Bus Station (芒市南站) and Three Trees Bus Station (三棵树车站). Of course, the best choice would be joining us Yunnan Exploration for Dehong theme tours, contact us and we will provide you worry-free itineraries.
- How to Get to Longchuan County from Mangshi City
- How to Get to Longchuan County from Ruili City
- How to Get to Lianghe County from Ruili City
- How to Get to Ruili City from Mangshi City
- How to Get to Yingjiang County from Mangshi City
- How to Get to Lianghe County from Tengchong County
- How to Get to Ruili City from Baoshan City (Longyang District)
- Baoshan Transportation
- Chuxiong Transportation
- Kunming Transportation
- Xishuangbanna Transportation
- Diqing Transportation
- Honghe Transportation
- Lijiang Transportation
- Lincang Transportation
- Nujiang Transportation
- Pu'er Transportation
- Qujing Transportation
- Wenshan Transportation
- Dali Transportation
- Yuxi Transportation
- Zhaotong Transportation