1 Day Kunming Stone Forest Group Tour
The Stone Forest or Shilin(石林) is a highlight of Kunming tour. It is located in Shilin Yi Autonomous County, Yunnan Province, approximately 90 km from the provincial capital Kunming....
Code of Tour: YET0000019780
Length of Travel: 1 Day
Destinations of Tour: Kunming - Stone Forest - Kunming
Departure City: Kunming
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour:
Features of Tour: Nature Culture History
The Stone Forest or Shilin(石林) is a highlight of Kunming tour. It is located in Shilin Yi Autonomous County, Yunnan Province, approximately 90 km from the provincial capital Kunming. The tall rocks seem to fall to the ground in the manner of stalagmites, with many looking like petrified trees thereby creating the illusion of a forest made of stone. This Kunming day tour is for people who like to discover the beauty of the Stone Forest(Karst Landscape) and Yi ethnic culture.
- Visit the top attractions in Kunming: Stone Forest, Green Lake, Birds & Flowers Market.
- Get to know Sani ethnic group and Sani culture.
- Enjoy the daily life of local people around the Green Lake.
Day 1 Kunming-Stone Forest-Kunming
Sightseeing and Activities:Stone Forest, Birds and Flowers Market, Green Lake Park
At 09:00 am, meet your tour guide & driver at Jinma Biji Archway and then drive about 85km to the Stone Forest. An old local saying says that ‘If you have visited Kunming without seeing the Stone Forest, you have wasted your time.’ Truly, the Stone Forest is one of the most important attractions of Yunnan.
In the afternoon, drive back to Kunming to visit Birds and Flowers Market. After that, stroll around the Green Lake, and enjoy local dancing and music.
After the tour, drive back to hotel. Service ends.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Sharing English-speaking tour guide;
- Sharing vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Meals not listed in the itinerary;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.
- Visitors are advised to always carry changes of clothing due to the large variations in temperature between day and night.
- The climate is relatively dry, so drink more water every day.
- Protecting oneself from strong UV radiation at high altitude.
- Protecting oneself from altitude sickness. Lessen the effects of altitude sickness, avoid strenuous exercise and have plenty of rest.
- Respect local customs , habits, and religious beliefs.
- Situated on the northern edge of the tropical zone, Xishuangbanna area is hot, humid and rainy.
don’t forget to take an umbrella or a raincoat when go out.
- When take photos, please pay attention to your safety, do not shoot in dangerous areas.