Yunnan Travel in February
Travel to Yunnan in February will bring you winter travel experience such as snow mountain hiking, appreciating winter cherry blossoming and spring festival celebration, etc.
Yunnan Weather and Climate in February
Winter in Yunnan is not freezing and there is much less rain. There may even be more sunshine during this season. If you don’t mind carrying more clothes, visiting Yunnan in winter is a good option. Day length in Yunnan in february is 11:19. Sunrise is at 07:44 and sets at 19:03. With good weather conditions, february is advisable to go in this city in China.
Yunnan Temperature in February
Generally speaking, Yunnan enjoys a mild climate with pleasant weather but, due to its varied terrain, the weather is also diverse in different regions. In February, temperature ranges from 4°C ~ 17°C (39°F ~ 62°F) in Kunming, and from 15°C (59°F) to 2°C (36°F) in Lijiang, and from 12.2°C (54°F) to 30.6°C (87°F) in Xishuangbanna, and from 10°C (50°F) to 21°C (70°F)in Dali.
What to Wear for Yunnan Travel in February
Warm clothes are necessary, such as a knitted hat, gloves, a thick sweater, a down jacket, or a winter jacket. However, if you travel to warm places of Yunnan, such as Xishuangbanna, Dehong and Tengchong, down jacket is unnecessary, coat and thick sweater are enough at night and in the morning, and long shirt or maybe T-shirt is enough for daytime. Also take sunscreen and sunglasses to protect against the sun’s rays in the highlands.
Yunnan Weather and Climate by Month
Things to Do for Yunnan Travel in February
Traveling in winter you’ll avoid the rainy season, making it the perfect time to get active and enjoy the diverse nature on offer.
- Self-driving: With good weather condition, Yunnan enjoys good road condition in Feburary. You can join our self-driving tours or cycling tours to visit remote local minority villages, stunning Yuanyang Rice Terraces and tropical rain foretst, tea mountains in Xishuangbanna, as well as hot scenic spots in Kunming, Dali and Lijiang.
- Hot Spring Tours: Hot Spring Tours are popular among tourists during winter travel. In Yunnan, you can experience all kinds of hot springs, such as open air hot springs, indoor hot springs, moutain hot springs, and forest hot springs based on their locations. The best and famous hot spring sites in Yunnan are in An’ning(Aning Hot Spring), Yuxi(Yingyuetan Hot Spring), Tengchong(Rehai Hot Spring), Dali(Jiuqitai Hot Springs), Ruili, and Honghe(Mile, Yuanjiang,Mengla).
- Visual Feast of Winter Flowers: Winter cherry blossoming, magnolia flowers and camellia flowers are the highlight in the cold weather, Cherry Blossoms Valley of Wuliangshan Mountain and camellia flowers in Dali Ancient Town are the best places to capture the picturesque scenery. Streets in Kunming city are also decorated by winter cherry blossoms and magnolia flowers, apart from those in Kunming Zoo and the Golden Temple Park. Moreover, if you travel to Yunnan in late Feburary, you are coming at the right time for Luoping International Canola Flower Culture Festival. Vast stretches of reepseed flowers leap to your eyes. Needless to say, Feburary is the best for Photograph Tours of Yunan Travel.
- Joys of Festivals: In Yunnan, as well as celebrating the Chinese Lunar New Year, there are numerous smaller festivals that happen in accordance with local minority traditions, such as Munao Zongge Festival of Jingpo people and Huashan Festival of Miao People. Spring Festival usually falls in January or February, local ethnic groups also celebrate it in their ways, we highly recommend you 17 Days Yunnan Ethnic Minorities Festivals Tour around Chinese New Year, by which you can feel the atmosphere of Chinese New Year and know the ways of celebrating New Year by various ethnic groups.
Places to Visit for Yunnan Travel in February
- Erhai Lake
- Dali Ancient Town
- Yuanyang Rice Terraces
- Dianchi Lake
- Kunming Zoo
- The Golden Temple Park
- Cherry Blossoms Valley
- Jiaozi Snow Mountain
- Meili Snow Mountain
- Jade Dragon Snow Mountain
Yunnan Festivals and Events by Month
Travel Tips for Yunnan Travel in February
- The sunshine in Yunnan is too strong during the day that you’d better take your sunscreen and sunglasses.
- You should drink more water, eat more fruit, and prevent dehydration.
- Yunnan is a province with more minority nationalities. Please respect the living habits and customs of the minority nationalities.
- Get ready for your Visa, and do remember your passport.
- Prepare for your SIM card to make sure the internet use in China.
- Take some medicine with you for emergency use, especially if you are easy to get altitude sickness.
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses and hats for the strong ultraviolet ray on the plateau.
- Don’t forget your umbrella and rain gear during the rainy seasons.
- Pack suitable clothes, windproof jacket and thick coat are suggested, outdoor clothing will be good.