Yunnan Photography Tips
Yunnan Photography Tips and Advice provide some practical Yunnan travel tips such as Best Time to Take a Photography Tour in Yunnan, Best Places to Take a Photo in Yunnan, Most Popular Yunnan Photography Tours, Top Yunnan Photography Tips and FAQs of Yunnan Travel, which can help you make a better plan before departure, and deal with emergencies or anything unpredictable while traveling.
Best Places to Take a Photography Tour in Yunnan
For photo lovers, it is great to capture the gorgeous Yuanyang Hani Rice Terraces, the amazing Dongchuan Red Land, the magnificent Jade Snow Dragon Mountain, the breathtaking Tiger Leaping Gorge, the relaxing Lijiang Ancient Town, etc. Yunnan is blessed with numerous lakes, rivers and mountains. Dongchuan Red Land and Yuanyang Haini Rice Terraces attract thousands of people at home and abroad to take the best pictures. Puzhehei boundless lotus and picturesque scenery may make you fell like you are dreaming. Dali, Lijiang and Shangri-La are the tourist destinations offering you awesome photography sites to capture the diverse Yunnan.
Best Time to Take a Photography Tour in Yunnan
December-January of the next year
Winter is the best travel season. Xishuangbanna enters the dry season and the weather is sunny and comfortable. Visitors can enjoy the beautiful scenery of Yuanyang Hani Rice Terraces from sun to sun.
Compared with the north, it gets warm earlier in spring in Yunnan. What’s more, Luoping is famous for its rapeseed flower and it is the best place to enjoy the beautiful sceneries in Luoping Rapeseed Flowers, Luositian Field and Jinji Peak. From February to March, it is the best time to visit the Luoping Rapeseed Flowers. “Spring City” Kunming is in the most pleasant season, and the peach blossoms in southeastern Yunnan have also entered the flowering period. In April, you can also experience the grand Water Splashing Festival in Xishuangbanna.
In Lijiang from May to June, you can go to see the azaleas of Laojun Mountain. From July to August, it is the best time to visit Shangri-La’s summer scenery. In addition, in July and August, the lotus flowers of Puzhehei and Bamei in the south are in full bloom, which are the most beautiful season.
Most Popular Yunnan Photography Tours
- 5 Days Kunming Spring City and Luoping Rapeseed Flowers Photography Tour
- 6 Days Kunming-Jianshui-Yuanyang Hani Rice Terraces Group Tour
- 8 Days Lijiang Tour and Gemu Mountain Goddess Festival Tour At Lugu Lake
- 8 Days Northeast Yunnan Photograph Tour
- 10 Days Yunnan Classic Tour with Dongchuan Red Land Photography
More about Yunnan Photograph Tours
Top Photography Tips for Yunnan Travel
What to Pack for Yunnan Photography Travel
- Bring extra batteries and adaptor units for recharging batteries.
- Do not buy roll film or memory cards in local tourist areas; bring what you need from home.
- Get a good gear bag: Before going to Yunnan, it is necessary to get a good gear bag from DPS friends Crumpler.
Make Preparations for Low Light Situations
Some places are in low light situations. Take the space and weight that would have been used for a flash and purchase an extra lens with a large aperture. 2.8 lenses are great and usually do a good job, but some small 1.8 prime lenses are better for low-light situations.
Be a Careful Person
How to photograph a good picture? Be a careful person and pay attention to the interesting structures, beautiful attractions, etc. It’s easy to get caught up in the grandness of large structures, statues or landscapes, but don’t forget to look around for some interesting detail shots that often get overlooked because of their small size or unassuming nature.
Matters Need Attention
- Keep weather conditions in mind to gain the best photographic effects.
- Besides photography, videography is also a good way to remember your trip.
- Certain places or backgrounds may incur fees. Be sure to clarify the amount before taking photos.
- Before taking photos of Chinese people which show their way of life or a street scene, you should first ask permission.
- It is illegal to take photos regarding other people’s private actions or some embarrassing scenes by using the telephoto lens.
- Best Time for Yunnan Photography Trip
- Basic Knowledge for Photography in Yunnan
- Top Experiences for Yunnan Photography Tour
- Top Places for Stargazers in Yunnan
- Photographic Guide to The Famous Lakes in Yunnan
- Portrait Photography Tips in Yunnan
- Advice for Shooting Temples and Palaces in Yunnan
- Yunnan Wedding Photography
- Yunnan Buddhism Photography Tips
- Photographic Guide to Top Holy Snow Mountains
- Where Should You Have Your Wedding Photos Taken?
Edited by Cloudy Fu/付云