Tips for Yunnan Birding Tours
Tips for Yunnan Birding Tours provide some practical Yunnan birding travel tips such as Best Time to Watch Birds in Yunnan, Best Places for Bird-watching, Most Popular Birding Tours and Top Tips for Yunnan Birding tours, which can help you make a better plan before departure, and deal with emergencies or anything unpredictable while traveling.
Best Places for Bird-watching in Yunnan
Yunnan boasts a large number of birds, which accounts for a big part of the species in China as it’s mild around the year. Every winter, a flock of red-billed gull migrate from the chill north to Yunnan. Kunming is just the right place for watching sea gull. You will see them hovering over the rivers and lakes. Besides, Xishuangbanna, Dehong, Ruili and Lijiang is also the popular places for bird watching. In addition, Gaoligongshan National Nature Reserve is the woodlands near there where we’ll search for another bird, Yunnan Nuthatch. What’s more, the famous attractions for birding are as follows:
- Haigeng Dam
- Haigeng Park
- Nianhu Lake
- Yingjiang Hornbill Valley
- Dashanbao Nature Reserve
- Daqiao Nature Reserve
- Napahai Nature Reserve
- Heqing Caohai Wetland
- Lashihai Lake
- Luguhu Lake
Best Time for Birding in Yunnan
In winter, the best time to watch the birds is 6 a.m.–8 a.m., 2 p.m.-4 p.m. In the early morning, migratory birds wake, gather and fly to search for food. In the late afternoon, you can see the return of the birds. If forest birds, the best time are also morning and nightfall.
Most Popular Birding Tours in Yunnan
- 6 Days Northeast Yunnan Winter Birding Tour to Dianchi Lake, Nianhu Lake and Dashanbao
- 8 Days Yunnan Winter Birding Tour to Dongchuan Red Land, Nianhu Lake and Dashanbao Nature Reserve
- 8 Days Yunnan Gaoli Gongshan Mountain Birding Tour
- 9 Days Yunnan-Guizhou Winter Birding Tour with Dianchi Lake, Caohai Lake, Nianhu Lake and Dashanbao Nature Reserve
- 13 Days Yunnan GaoliGongshan Mountain Birding Tour
- 10 Days West Yunnan Birding Tour with Gaoli Gongshan Mountain, Tongbiguan Nature Reserve and Ruili Tropical Forest
More about Yunnan Birdwatching Tour
Birding Tours by Month
Top Tips for Yunnan Birding Tours
Notes for Bird-watching
- In order to avoid scaring birds, it is best not to wear bright clothing.
- Don’t yell loudly and please talk softly
- When the wild bird is in an alert position, please do not approach.
- Please take your own garbage and do not throw the garbage at casual.
- Don’t climb or break plants
Keep enough space with the wild birds. The best is not to enter the water. Not contact with birds faeces and excreta. This is the first important point for bird watching .
Birds are not afraid of automobile. We watch birds in the cars that could be more close to them than walking, which also don’t disturb their daily life. The car window is the right holder when filming birds.
Reference Materials and Tool Selection for Bird-watching
- Birds Illustrated Handbook: Such as Taiwan Wild Birds Illustrated Handbook or other portable illustrated handbooks.
- Telescope: 8—10 times binoculars telescope is essential equipment for bird watching. Such a telescope can not only be used for bird watching, but also for watching the stars in the night sky.
- Notebook: The observation record report preferably includes time, location, temperature, weather, wild bird name, size, characteristics, quantity, etc.; While observing, if the wild bird is flying, you can also describe or draw the flying postures and behaviors by hand, so that you can gradually cultivate the ability to observe. These bird watching materials will be the reference for the next observation of wild birds.
- If you want to go bird watching outdoor, you should wear plain trousers and wear antiskid shoes. It is best to carry long wooden sticks, canes and the like to drive away the snakes in the grass.
- Please pay attention to local weather and decide whether to bring rain gear.
- You need to prepare your own food and drinks. It is inconvenient to find a restaurant in the places where visitors can watch birds. What’s more, remember to take away the garbage. It is best to carry simple medical supplies with you in case you need them.
- Yunnan Bird Watching Tips for Beginners
- Travel Tips to Better Birding in Yunnan
- Travel Tips for Birding Travelers in Yunnan
- How to Plan Birdwatching Tour in Yunnan
- Top Places to Enjoy Wild Birds in Winter
- Birdwatching Tour Routes in Yunnan
- Birds Checklist in Yunnan Province
- 100 Birds Species of Yingjiang County
- Birding Travel Tips for Dashanbao Nature Reserve
- Napahai Lake Birding Travel Tips
- Top 10 Birding Tour Places in Kunming
- Birding Travel Tips of Baihualing in Baoshan
- Birding Travel Tips and Birding Places
- Birding Travel Tips for Gaoli Gongshan
- Yingjiang Birding Travel Tips
- Packing for a Birding Trip of Yunnan
- Ten Tips for Planning Your Birding Trip of Yunnan
- Six Tips for Birding by Ear
- Top Winter Birding Tour Places in Yunnan and Guizhou