Basic Yunnan Travel Tips
Basic Yunnan Travel Tips and Advice provide some practical Yunnan travel tips such as Best Time to Visit Yunnan, Best Places to Visit Yunnan, Yunnan Tours Planning, How to Plan Yunnan Travel, Tips and FAQs of Yunnan Travel, which can help you make a better plan before departure, and deal with emergencies or anything unpredictable while traveling.
Most Popular Destinations and Attractions to Visit in Yunnan
Yunnan, located in the southwest plateau area of China, refers to “the place south of the colorful clouds” in Chinese. It is a place bond with exotic cultures and beautiful tales. Yunnan takes pride in its rich natural resources and cultural resources. There are 25 ethnic minority groups living in Yunnan, and each have very different religion and folklore stories. It’s rare to see so many different ethnic minority groups living harmoniously in one province. Harmonious and colorful are the most frequently used words to describe people’s life in Yunnan. Contact us for customized Yunnan tours. The main destinations and attractions as follows:
- Baisha Ancient Town
- Dongchuan Red Land
- Haba Snow Mountain
- Lugu Lake
- Meili Snow Mountain
- Shaxi Ancient Town
- Stone Forest
- Three Parallel Rivers
- Tiger Leaping Gorge
Best Time to Visit Yunnan
The weather in most areas of Yunnan is mild in winter and cool in summer. It is suitable to visit Yunnan all year round. As previously mentioned, Yunnan’s varied terrain results in diverse landscapes and weather conditions. The best time to visit depends largely on what you want to see and which part you want to go to. The best time to travel in Yunnan is in spring and autumn, especially March to April, and September to November.
How Many Days to Stay in Yunnan
If you plan to take a tour in Yunnan, you’d better decide the attractions that you want to go. Then, it is easy to decide on how many days to spend in Yunnan. In general, 2-3 days is only for visiting one top city in Yunnan. Of course, you can only visit the highlights of a city for there are numerous attractions in top city. Generally speaking, 6-10 days is the recommended choice, which you can visit the highlights of Kunming, Dali, Lijiang, Shangri-La.
- 1 Day Yunnan Travel Itinerary
- 2 Days Yunnan Travel Itinerary
- 3 Days Yunnan Travel Itinerary
- 4 Days Yunnan Travel Itinerary
- 5 Days Yunnan Travel Itinerary
- 6 Days Yunnan Travel Itinerary
- 7 Days Yunnan Travel Itinerary
- 8 Days Yunnan Travel Itinerary
- 9 Days Yunnan Travel Itinerary
- 10 Days Yunnan Travel Itinerary
- 11 Days Yunnan Travel Itinerary
- 12 Days Yunnan Travel Itinerary
More about How Many Days to Spend for Yunnan Trip
Where to Stay in Yunnan
As a top tourist resort, there are a lot of inns and hotels in Yunnan with different standards, especially in Kunming, Lijiang, Dali, Shangri-La. You may have enjoyed the 5-star modern hotels, however, it will be special to stay at hotels with traditional style and standard hygiene which presents beautiful local architecture, surrounded by lush greenery. Yunnan, as one of the important destinations in China, is famous for the numerous hotels and you can always choose the most suitable hotel for your Yunnan Tour.
- Baoshan Accommodation
- Chuxiong Accommodation
- Kunming Accommodation
- Dehong Accommodation
- Diqing Accommodation
- Honghe Accommodation
- Dali Accommodation
- Lincang Accommodation
- Nujiang Accommodation
- Pu’er Accommodation
- Qujing Accommodation
- Wenshan Accommodation
- Xishuangbanna Accommodation
- Yuxi Accommodation
- Zhaotong Accommodation
- Lijiang Accommodation
What to Pack for Yunnan Travel
- Take care of your luggage and important things, such as passport and visa.
- Prepare for your SIM card to make sure the internet use in China.
- Take some medicine with you for emergency use, especially if you are easy to get altitude sickness.
- Bring sunscreen, sunglasses and hats for the strong ultraviolet ray on the plateau.
- Don’t forget your umbrella and rain gear during the rainy seasons.
- Pack suitable clothes, windproof jacket and thick coat are suggested, outdoor clothing will be good.
Matters Need Attention
- Read some basic information about Yunnan and China so that you could have a better experience there.
- Respect and follow local custom and avoid conflicts.
- Eat more vegetables and fruits, drink plenty of water, it may help you to avoid altitude sickness.
- Check out the weather report before your travel. Do not go sightseeing in bad weather.
- In China, please had better not travel in peak seasons, such as Chinese New Year, International Labor Day and National Day. If you want to experience the traditional festival culture, Taking a tour during the traditional festivals of China can get the opportunity to experience the festivals culture.
- Be careful of the changeable temperature. A few chilly days could be followed by relatively hot weather. So it is better to take some early winter clothes to protect you away from the sudden low temperature.
- The Most Useful APPs When Travelling in Yunnan
- Useful Ethnic Words for Traveling to Yunnan
- Top Common Mistakes for a Yunnan Tour
- Some Biggest Mistakes about Traveling in Yunnan
- Can the Ethnic People Speak English in Yunnan?
- Yunnan Photography Travel Tips
- How to Travel in Yunnan
Basic Chinese You Might Need
|请问卫生间在哪里？||Qǐngwènwèishēngjiānzàinǎlǐ?||Excuse me, where is the restroom?|
- Baoshan Travel Tips
- Chuxiong Travel Tips
- Kunming Travel Tips
- Dehong Travel Tips
- Diqing Travel Tips
- Honghe Travel Tips
- Dali Travel Tips
- Lincang Travel Tips
- Nujiang Travel Tips
- Pu’er Travel Tips
- Qujing Travel Tips
- Wenshan Travel Tips
- Xishuangbanna Travel Tips
- Yuxi Travel Tips
- Zhaotong Travel Tips
- Lijiang Travel Tips
Edited by Cloudy Fu/付云