Yuxi Transportation mainly rely on trains and buses, without airlines. It is only one hour's drive away from Kunming, and is very convenient to get to Yuxi from Kunming.
How to Get in Yuxi City
There are no through flights to Yuxi. However, there is the general agency of China Airline Company in Yuxi. There you can buy air tickets, return air tickets and inquire about anything about air tickets. You can get to Kunming first by air, and then go to Yuxi by train or by bus.
Train transportation in Yuxi is very convenient. Yuxi Railway Station provides trains to Kunming, Beijing, Zhenzhou, Hekou, Mengzi and Dali. People can take trains from Kunming to Yuxi. It’s the best choice for you to take high-speed rail to Yuxi which only takes 30 minutes.
- Yuxi Railway Station
- Yuxi High Speed Trains
- Tonghai Railway Station
- Yunnan-Vietnam Railway
- China – Thailand Railway
Highways in Yuxi area go to all directions. The total mileage of highways and roads have reached 15113 kilometers, of which 232.7 kilometers are highways and the annual transport capacity of passengers and freight reached 10.316 million and 20.568 million respectively. There are some superhighways and highways for people to go out and around. The Yuxi Central Bus Station offers long-distance buses to Dali, Mengzi, Kaiyuan, Gejiu, Wenshan, Hekou and Kunming, etc, but schedules change frequently. It also offers bus schedules to Yuanjiang County.
- Yuxi Bus Station
- Kunming–Mohan Expressway
- YuLin Expressway from Yuxi to Lincang
- Tongjian Expressway from Tonghai to Jianshui
- Kunming-Yuxi Transportation
- Train Travel to Yuxi from Kunming
- Kunming – Yuxi City Tour by High Speed Train
- Kunming – Yuanjiang County Transportation
- How to Get to Tonghai County from Kunming
- How to Get to Fuxian Lake from Kunming
- How to Get to Jiangchuan District from Kunming
- How to Get to Eshan County from Kunming
- How to Get to Xinping County from Kunming
- How to Get to Huaning County from Kunming
- How to Get to Chengjiang County from Kunming
How to Get Around Yuxi City
Taxi and City Buses
There are 15 bus lines operated in Yuxi City. Buses run through the main street, it will not take you much time on the bus, because the urban area is relatively small. It is highly recommended to take No 2 Bus to enjoy the beautiful city scenery. Taxi is easy to found in Yuxi City, with the starting price of 8 yuan at daytime and 9.5 yuan at night. However, people would like to take buses or motorbike in the urban area rather than taxi.
Minibus is the mostly chosen way for local people to travel at a short distance. Passengers may wait for a minibus on the roadside or just call the driver. Usually, the minibus will take you to anywhere you want to within the city area, and the price is not costly.
Rent a bike for around 10 RMB per day. It is an ideal choice to travel around and enjoy the charming landscape.
By Suburban Bus
If want to tour around the towns and counties of Yuxi, you can take the suburban buses at Yuxi Central Bus Station and Yuxi West Bus Station, bus schedules to the counties are offered at those two stations. You can also travel to the countriside by taking buses at the following county bus stations.
- Yuxi Bus Station
- Yimen County Bus Station
- Eshan County Bus Station
- Tonghai County Bus Station
- Huaning County Bus Station
- Xinping County Bus Station
- Yuanjiang County Bus Station
- Jiangchuan District Bus Station
- How to Get to Yimen County from Yuxi City
- How to Get to Yuanjiang County from Yuxi City
- How to Get to Tonghai County from Yuxi City
- How to Get to Eshan County from Yuxi City
- How to Get to Fuxianhu Lake from Yuxi City
- How to Get to Jiangchuan District from Yuxi City
- Baoshan Transportation
- Chuxiong Transportation
- Kunming Transportation
- Dehong Transportation
- Diqing Transportation
- Honghe Transportation
- Lijiang Transportation
- Lincang Transportation
- Nujiang Transportation
- Pu'er Transportation
- Qujing Transportation
- Tengchong Transportation
- Dali Transportation
- Zhaotong Transportation