Nujiang transportation is in poor condition due to its geographical situations. It is not very convenient to get to Nujiang. In this part, we select several commonly chosen transporation ways to Nujiang, which will give you information about how to get to Nujiang.
How to Get to Nujiang
Outer transporation of Nujiang prefecture mainly relies on long-distance buses. Up to date, there aren't airlines and trains available in Nujiang.
Nujiang Airport is a proposed civil branch airport in Liuku Town, Lushui County, Nujiang Lisu Autonomous Prefecture, Yunnan Province. It is located in the south of Liuku Town, on the mountain ridge of Jiuzhai Village (旧寨村). It is 1 km away from Liuku Town in a straight line and 2 km away from the highway. It plans to offer flights to Kunming and other cities of Yunnan province, as well as cities of Sichuan, Chongqing, Guizhou. Nujiang Civil Airport is planned to be completed by 2019. Nujiang Airport will boost the development of local tourism and Yunnan-Tibet travel routes. After the completion, local economic and social development will also be promoted.
More about Nujiang Airport
By Long-distance Bus
Traffic in Nujiang is not very convenient, without train and plane. Here are some transfer modes for you to plan an easier travel. There are several ways to go to Nujiang: 1. Kunming bus to Nujiang (Liuku or Gongshan); 2. Kunming-Baoshan-Liuku (Kunming-Baoshan by air); 3. Kunming-Dali-Liuku (Kunming-Dali by air).
Kunming is 581 kilometers from Liuku, the capital of Nujiang Prefecture. There is a direct sleeper bus and a high speed train available, which takes about 13 hours. Kunming Xiyuan Bus Station(昆明西苑汽车客运站) operates three bus shifts a day, starting at 9: 00 (high speed bus with air conditioner), 18: 00 and 19: 00; Kunming Nanyao Bus Station (昆明南窑汽车站) has one bus shift every day, departing at 16: 30. Kunming West Bus Station (昆明西站) has a daily departure at 18: 00. Nujiang Grand Canyon Hotel (Fengning Community) in Kunming also provides a high-speed bus shift at 8: 00 every day. The bus fare is 105 yuan for common bus shift and 110 yuan for high-speed bus shift, while the price during Spring Festival can be increased to about 160 yuan.
Kunming Xiyuan Passenger Station has a direct sleeper bus to Gongshan County at 18: 00 every day, covering 827 kilometers and taking about 18 hours. The normal fare is 144 yuan.
There are daily buses to Liuku from Xiaguan city of Dali. It takes 8 hours and the fare is 35 yuan.
There are daily flights from Kunming to Baoshan and the ticket price is about 440 yuan. Baoshan is 120km from Liuku, which is about 4 hours away. Tourist can take plane to Baoshan then get to Liuku by bus.
- Nujiang Bus Station
- Bing-cha-ran Highway
- Kunming-Nujiang Transportation
- Lijiang – Lanping Transportation
- Kunming to Nujiang Bus Schedule and Tickets Booking
- Dali to Nujiang Bus Schedule and Bus Tickets Booking
- How to Get to Lanping County from Kunming
- Kunming – Lushui City Transportation: By Air & Bus
- Kunming – Gongshan County Transportation: By Bus
- How to Get to Fugong County from Kunming
- How to Get to Three Parallel Rivers in Yunnan
- Kunming – Bingzhongluo Transportation: By Plane & Bus
- How to Get to Bingzhongluo from Cawarong Town of Tibet
- How to Get to Lushui City (Liuku Town) from Baoshan City (Longyang District)
- How to Get to Lushui City (Liuku Town) from Tengchong County
- Dali City (Xiaguan Town)-Lanping County Transportation
- How to Get to Lushui City (Liuku Town) from Dali City (Xiaguan Town)
- Dali City (Xiaguan Town)-Gongshan County Transportation
How to Get Around Nujiang
There are 11 lines of city bus in Lushui city, you can get to most parts of the city by buses. Please note the running time is from 6:20 to 20:00.
There are regular buses running among the counties and towns of Nujiang prefecture. You can take regular buses to some remote towns and townships there.
Liuku (Liushui) - Fugong by Regular Bus
Every day, there are 7 regular buses run from Liuku Passenger Station to Fugong county, which depart at 6:00, 8:00, 9:00, 10:00, 12:00, 13:00, 13:50 respectively. The whole journey is about 5-6 hours, and costs 20 yuan.
Liuku (Liushui) - Gongshan by Regular Bus
Every day, there are 8 regular buses run from Liuku Passenger Station to Gongshan county, which depart at 6:00, 7:00, 9:00, 10:00, 10:30, 12:00, 16:00, 16:00-17:00 respectively. The whole journey is about 9 hours, and costs 35 yuan.
For more bus schedules traveling to and from the counties and towns, please refer to the Regional Transportation mentioned below.
Taxis are also available in Lushui City of Nujiang. Usually the fare is no more than 20 yuan if shuttling within the city. The starting rate is 7 yuan, then extra charge is 3 yuan/km, and the starting price is increased to 10 yuan during 22:00 a.m. to next 6:00 a.m. As the city is not large, it doesn't cost much to take a taxi.
Traveling in Nujiang, it is better for you to rent a car with an experienced driver and a tour guide if you are foreign travelers. If you want to have more fun on the way, renting a car is highly recommended. The driver can stop for you to enjoy the scenery and take photos. But a shuttle bus will not stop on the way. Yunnan Exploration may help you with the car-rental service, please contact us. Email: contact@YunnanExploration.com; Tel: +86-871-63511469.
When you travel through the villages, ziptreck is the mostly used one, it is a special way crossing the Nujiang river invented by local people. Of the existing 42 pairs of cable-ways (ziptrecks), 36 pairs are planned to be cancelled, the ziptrecks will be replaced by bridges, and 6 pairs of ziptrecks will be retained as special tourism items in Nujiang River.
- How to Get to Dulongjiang Valley from Lushui County (Liuku Town)
- How to Travel to Bingzhongluo from Lushui County (Liuku Town)
- How to Get to Gongshan County from Lushui City (Liuku Town)
- How to Get to Fugong County from Lushui City (Liuku Town)
- How to Get to Dulongjiang Valley from Bingzhongluo
- How to Get to Dulongjiang from Gogshan County
- Cizhong Village-Bingzhongluo Transportation: By Car-rental & Walking
- How to Get to Baihualing from Lushui County (Liuku Town) of Nujiang
- How to Get to Lanping County from Lushui City (Liuku Town)
- Lushui City Transportation
- Gongshan County Transportation
- Bingzhongluo Transportation
- Fugong County Transportation
- Lanping County Transportation
- Dulongjiang Transportation
Transportation in Yunnan:
- Airlines in Yunnan
- Flights to Yunnan
- Airport Transfer
- International Flights to Yunnan
- Airports in Yunnan
- High-speed Rail in Yunnan
- Railway Stations in Yunnan
- Railways in Yunnan
- Trains to Yunnan
- Trans Asia Railway
- Metro in Yunnan
- Bridges in Yunnan
- Freeways in Yunnan
- Highways in Yunnan
- Roads to Yunnan
- Trans-Asia Roads
- National Roads in Yunnan
- Baoshan Transportation
- Chuxiong Transportation
- Kunming Transportation
- Dehong Transportation
- Diqing Transportation
- Honghe Transportation
- Lijiang Transportation
- Lincang Transportation
- Xishuangbanna Transportation
- Pu'er Transportation
- Qujing Transportation
- Wenshan Transportation
- Dali Transportation
- Yuxi Transportation
- Zhaotong Transportation