Chuxiong Climate & Weather describes information with temperature & precipitation. Find out the best time to visit Chuxiong and see the season highlights in Chuxiong Yunnan. It also tells you what to wear in different seasons and clothes packing for your trip to Chuxiong Yunnan.
Chuxiong Climate and Weather
Chuxiong Prefecture enjoys a pleasant climate and belongs to the subtropical low latitude plateau monsoon climate. Due to the high mountains and deep valleys, the vertical climate change is obvious. The climate characteristics of the entire Chuxiong Prefecture are: short in winter and summer, long in spring and autumn; large daily temperature difference, small annual temperature difference; no cold in winter, no heat in summer; distinct dry and wet seasons. The average annual temperature falls to around 15-21℃ (59-69.8℉). Like most cities in Yunnan, the temperature varies greatly during the day but only slightly during the course of the year. In 2017, the average annual precipitation in Chuxiong Prefecture was 844 mm; the annual average temperature was 16.5 °C, and the annual sunshine hours were 2,450 hours.
Chuxiong Weather Graph by Month
The driest month is January, with 10 mm of rain. In July, the precipitation reaches its peak, with an average of 186 mm.
Chuxiong Average Temperature Graph
June is the warmest month of the year. The temperature in June averages 22.5 °C. At 11.0 °C on average, January is the coldest month of the year.
Chuxiong Climate by Month
There is a difference of 176 mm of precipitation between the driest and wettest months. The variation in annual temperature is around 11.5 °C.
Four Seasons of Chuxiong and What to Pack
- Spring (March to May): Because the weather in Chuxiong is a bit dry. Therefore, it is suggested that tourists drink more water and eat more fruit and vegetables. And pay attention to the large temperature changes between day and night. These clothes, such as jackets, sports coats, woolen jackets, long sleeve shirts and comfortable shoes are suitable.
- Summer (June -August): Due to the strong UV radiation and changeable weather, tourists had better wear sun hats, sun glasses and sunscreen. And drink more water against dry weather and altitude sickness.
- Autumn (September to October): From May to October is the rainy season in Chuxiong, if it rains the temperature will be lower, so tourists have better to take a wind coat and light sweater.
- Winter (November to February): The average temperature in Chuxiong is the coldest month, which will be 6℃- 8℃. People who are easily getting cold would better bring down jacket.
Best Time to Visit Chuxiong
With favorable weather all year round, Chuxiong is a beautiful place worth traveling, especially from March to October-the best time to visit Chuxiong when blooming flowers, ripe fruits and festival activities all gather together.
Travel Tips for Visiting Chuxiong
- In China, please had better not travel in peak seasons, such as Chinese New Year, International Labor Day and National Day. If you want to experience the traditional festival culture, Taking a tour during the traditional festivals of China can get the opportunity to experience the festivals culture.
- Be careful of the changeable temperature. A few chilly days could be followed by relatively hot weather. So it is better to take some early winter clothes to protect you away from the sudden low temperature.
- Take care of your luggage and important things, such as passport and visa.
- Check out the weather report before your travel. Do not go sightseeing in bad weather.
- Respect and follow local custom and avoid conflicts.
- Avoiding crossing the fireplace. The Yi ethnic minority regard fire as the most important thing in their lives.
Chuxiong Regional Climate
- Chuxiong City
- Shuangbai County
- Mouding County
- Nanhua County
- Dayao County
- Yaoan County
- Yongren County
- Yuanmou County
- Wuding County
- Lufeng County