Lincang Climate & Weather describes information with temperature & precipitation. Find out the best time to visit Lincang and see the season highlights in Lincang Yunnan. It also tells you what to wear in different seasons and clothes packing for your trip to Lincang Yunnan.
Lincang Climate and Weather
Located at an altitude of above 1,450 m (4,760 ft) and within 30 arc minutes to the north of the Tropic of Cancer, Lincang has a mild humid subtropical climate, with muddled distinction between the seasons and daytime temperatures remaining warm year-round. Highs peak in May before the core of the rainy season and reach a minimum in December. However, the warmest and coolest months are June and January respectively. June through September accounts for nearly 70% of the annual rainfall of 1,148.9 mm and during this time, some rainfall occurs on most days, pushing relative humidity above 80% and there is a marked reduction in sunshine. With monthly percent possible sunshine ranging from 22% in July to 73% in January, the city receives 2,105 hours of bright sunshine annually.
Lincang Weather Graph by Month
Precipitation is the lowest in January, with an average of 13 mm. Most of the precipitation here falls in July, averaging 249 mm.
Lincang Average Temperature Graph
At an average temperature of 22.4°C, June is the hottest month of the year. January is the coldest month, with temperatures averaging 12.1°C.
Lincang Climate by Month
Between the driest and wettest months, the difference in precipitation is 236 mm. Throughout the year, temperatures vary by 10.3°C.
Best Time to Visit Lincang
It’s like spring all the year round in Lincang, which has the reputation of “Asian City of Constant Temperature”. Its annual average temperature is 16.8 - 17.7℃. Therefore, the best time to visit Lincang is spring and summer and Lincang is a place which can be visited in four seasons due to the comfortable weather.
Four Seasons of Lincang and What to Pack
- Spring(March-May): It is warm during this season. Highs range from 28.7°C and 25.1°C with warmer temperatures in the later months. Spring is the busiest for tourism, which makes it a good time for those looking for things to do. These clothes, such as long sleeve shirts and comfortable shoes are suitable.
- Summer(June-August): The middle-year months have very comfortable weather. These months see the most precipitation with 13 to 18 days of precipitation per month. June-August is the second busiest season for tourism in Lincang, so lodging and other accommodations may cost slightly more. Due to the strong UV radiation and changeable weather, tourists had better wear sun hats, sun glasses and sunscreen.
- Fall (September-November): Fall daily highs range from 26.9°C and 21.7°C, which will feel very nice. Tourism is the slowest during this period due to the weather, so hotels may be affordably priced. if it rains the temperature will be lower, so tourists have better take a umbrella and a coat.
- Winter (December-February): Weather is too cold this time of year in Lincang to be enjoyable for warm weather travelers. The average high during this season is between 25.1°C and 20°C. These times of year are fairly slow with tourists. People who are easily getting cold would better bring a jacket.
Travel Tips for Visiting Lincang
- In China, please had better not travel in peak seasons, such as Chinese New Year, International Labor Day and National Day. If you want to experience the traditional festival culture, Taking a tour during the traditional festivals of China can get the opportunity to experience the festivals culture.
- Take care of your luggage and important things, such as passport and visa.
- Check out the weather report before your travel. Do not go sightseeing in bad weather.
- Respect and follow local custom and avoid conflicts.
- Avoiding crossing the fireplace. The Yi ethnic minority regards fire as the most important thing in their lives.
Regional Climate in Lincang
- Fengqing County
- Cangyuan County
- Linxiang District
- Yunxian County
- Yongde County
- Zhenkang County
- Shuangjiang County
- Gengma County