Yubeng Village Overview
Chinese Name: 雨崩村 English IPA: Yubeng Village Location: Northwest of Yunnan Population (city): About 20 households Language: Tibetan Language Zip code: 674502 Tel code: 0887 Time zone: UTC+8
Yubeng village is located in Yunling township of Deqin county, in the east foot of Meili Snow Mountain in Yunnan province. Surrounded by mountains, Yubeng village enjoys a unique geographical environment with an altitude of 3,000 meters. Since there is no highway currently, there are two roads entering Yubeng from Xidang(西当) and Ninong(尼农). Yubeng village, a tiny Tibetan village at the foot of the Meili Snow Mountain, is the paradise for hikers. These special trekking routes are usually combined with the destinations like Meili Snow Mountain. And Hikers usually enter Yubeng from Xidang, and end at Ninong.
- Ideal Place for Trekking Tour: As the paradise at the foot of the Meili Snow Mountain, Yubeng owns the trekking route that is suitable for entry-level hikers. If you want to go to Nepal – “a paradise for hikers”, and you are not sure whether your physical fitness can keep up exercise intensity, it is better to go to Yubeng to experience it.
- Beautiful Scenery: Under the extraordinary craftsman by nature, Yubeng village is regarded as the epitome of the mysterious Shangri-La and the representation of wonderland. Near Yubeng village, there are splendid Meili Snow Mountain, bracing sacred waterfall, ice lake and sacred lake. Snow covered peaks are surrounded lush green valleys filled with birds, butterflies, flowers and prayer flags.
- Tibetan Culture: Yubeng is a picturesque Tibetan village at the foot of Meili Snow Mountain. Tibetan Villages there have maintained the traditional way of life of farming and animal husbandry for hundreds of years. Wooden bungalows, fencing built with hillstones, and cattle, sheep and mules walking leisurely on the dirt and stone roads, all show the isolation and tranquility of this village. Here you will experience purer Tibetan culture.
- A place of Pilgrimage: Sacred waterfall in Yubeng Village has always been a holy place for Tibetan Buddhism to pilgrimage. Every year, thousands of believers from Tibet, Sichuan, Qinghai and Gansu have come to worship.
Other Destinations in Yubeng Village
Yubeng Village Attractions
There are few attractions in Yubeng Village, and basically, tourists need to hike to each attraction. Since ancient times, there is only one road leading to the outside world. Therefore, some people say it is "land of idyllic beauty" that Tao Yuanming wrote; Experts at home and abroad believe that it is the miniature of Shangri-La. Yubeng Village lies in the beautiful and mythic valley, at the foot of Meili Snow Mountain. The smoke of cooking ascends from village, the towering snow [...]
Yubeng Village Tours
Yubeng tours are usually hiking tours. Yubeng hiking is one of the most fantastic experiences for hikers. These special trekking routes including Yubeng Village are usually combined with the destinations like Feilaisi, Meili Snow Mountain, Three Parallel Rivers and Tiger Leaping Gorge. Tourist can also have a 4-day classic trekking tour in Yubeng Village. During the hiking tour, visitors can enjoy beautiful natural scenery and make a pilgrimage at Ice Lake, Sacred Waterfall and Sacred Lake, as well as walk [...]
Climate & When to Go
The information on Yubeng climate could be helpful for preparing a Yubeng hiking tour. The climate in Yubeng enjoys a cold temperate mountain monsoon climate. Features of Yubeng Climate The climate in Yubeng is greatly affected by altitude, but not obvious by latitude. As the altitude rises, the temperature decreases and the precipitation increases. Precipitation The four seasons of Yubeng are not distinct, but the dry and wet seasons are distinct. The winter is long and the summer is short. The precipitation in the rainy season from [...]
Yubeng village is located in the hinterland of Meili Snow Mountain, and its geographical location is remote, so it maintains a good original ecological and natural landscape. Because of the unique topography, there is no highway to Yubeng Village, hiking and riding a horse are main ways to get into and out Yubeng Village. Yubeng transportation is not convenient. How to Get to Yubeng Village If you want to go to Yubeng Village, you should arrive at Deqin county first. Then, go [...]
Festivals and Activities
As the main minority inhabited in Yubeng Village, Tibetan people created brilliant culture and customs. Yuban village has preserved traditional village forms with Tibetan traditional characteristics, the exterior and interior decoration of residents' buildings, traditional festivals, dances and other traditional folk customs. Here below are some festivals and activities in Yubeng Village. Date Festivals Notes The 1st of the 1st lunar month in the Tibetan calendar(藏历正月初一) Tibetan New Year Mon, Feb 24, 2020- Wed, Feb 26, 2020; traditional festivals of the Tibetan people The 7th to 9th day of the 5th lunar [...]
To have a better travel experience in Yubeng village, here are some useful Yubeng village travel tips which may be helpful for your Yubeng hiking tour. When plan your trip to Yubeng village, view our answers to questions about Yubeng travel to get better understanding of Yubeng Village. Useful Numbers Here below are some useful numbers in case the emergency while you are traveling, or have other complaints or questions. Area Code 0887 Police 110 Fire 119 First-aid Ambulance 120 Weather Forecast 12121/121 Traffic Accidents 122 Deqin Bus Terminal 0887-8413322 Telephone Number Inquiry 114 Tourist Compliant 0887-8412748 Tourism Information Inquiry 0887-8412748 Best [...]
If you go to somewhere new, maps play significant role in your travel. Maps can indicate the directions and locations for you. The maps will be helpful, such as, the Tourism Attractions Map of Yubeng Village in Meili Snow Mountain, Transportation Map of Yubeng Village in Meili Snow Mountain, Location Map of Yubeng Village in Meili Snow Mountain, Trekking Route Map of Yubeng Village in Meili Snow Mountain, Travel Map of Outer Pilgrimage of Meili Snow Mountain. [...]
Yubeng Village Accommodation
Accommodation conditions in Yubeng Village are more backward than those hotels in modern cities. There are some wooden guesthouses in Tibetan style which will provide local food for customers. You can also enjoy a grand view of the big mountains. But, Some of the rooms are not equipped with an independent bathroom. In general, Yubeng is a good place for hikers, but you have to put up with the accommodation. Hotels in Yubeng Village If you hike in Yubeng Village for more than a day, you [...]
Other Hot Destinations in China
- Babao Town
- Baisha Ancient Town
- Baoshan Stone Town
- Dali Ancient Town
- Dongchuan Red Land
- Haba Snow Mountain
- Heshun Ancient Town
- Honghe Hani Rice Terraces
- Jade Dragon Snow Mountain
- Lashihai Lake
- Lijiang Ancient Town
- Lugu Lake
- Meili Snow Mountain
- Shuanglang Town
- Shuhe Ancient Town
- Stone Forest
- Three Parallel Rivers
- Tiger Leaping Gorge
- Yuanyang Hani Rice Terraces