Qujing Climate & Weather describes information with temperature & precipitation. Find out the best time to visit Qujing and see the season highlights in Qujing Yunnan. It also tells you what to wear in different seasons and clothes packing for your trip to Qujing Yunnan.
Qujing Climate and Weather
Qujing enjoys a subtropical monsoon climate, and the weather of Qujing is temperate and pleasurable throughout the year. The average temperature in coldest January and hottest July are respectively 14-19℃. However, the temperatures never reach extremes. Tempered by the low latitude and moderate elevation, Qujing has a mild subtropical highland climate, with short, mild, dry winters, and warm, rainy summers. Frost may occur in winter but the days still generally warm up to around 15 °C. During summer, a majority of the days have some rainfall, and daytime temperatures rise to 25 °C. A great majority of the year's rainfall occurs from June to October.
Qujing Weather Graph by Month
The driest month is January, with 13 mm of rainfall. The greatest amount of precipitation occurs in July, with an average of 179 mm.
Qujing Average Temperature Graph
The warmest month of the year is June, with an average temperature of 21.6 °C. The lowest average temperatures in the year occur in January, when it is around 8.7 °C.
Qujing Climate by Month
The difference in precipitation between the driest month and the wettest month is 166 mm. The variation in temperatures throughout the year is 12.9 °C.
Best Time to Visit Qujing
A trip to Qujing is recommended in Spring and Autumn as Summer rains frequently which result in a bad condition of roads. Due to the complex terrain, it presents a typical highland climate with great difference during a day and slight difference throughout the year.
Four Seasons of Qujing and What to Pack
- Spring (March to May): Because the weather in Qujing is a bit dry. Therefore, it is suggested that tourists drink more water and eat more fruit and vegetables. And pay attention to the large temperature changes between day and night. These clothes, such as jackets, sports coats, woolen jackets, long sleeve shirts and comfortable shoes are suitable.
- Summer (June -August): Due to the strong UV radiation and changeable weather, tourists had better wear sun hats, sun glasses and sunscreen. And drink more water against dry weather and altitude sickness.
- Autumn (September to October): From May to October is the rainy season in Qujing, if it rains the temperature will be lower, so tourists have better take a wind coat and light sweater.
- Winter (November to February): The average temperature in Chuxiong is the coldest month. People who are easily getting cold would better bring down jacket.
Travel Tips for Visiting Qujing
- In China, please had better not travel in peak seasons, such as Chinese New Year, International Labor Day and National Day. If you want to experience the traditional festival culture, Taking a tour during the traditional festivals of China can get the opportunity to experience the festivals culture.
- Be careful of the changeable temperature. A few chilly days could be followed by relatively hot weather. So it is better to take some early winter clothes to protect you away from the sudden low temperature.
- Take care of your luggage and important things, such as passport and visa.
- Check out the weather report before your travel. Do not go sightseeing in bad weather.
- Respect and follow local custom and avoid conflicts.
- Avoiding crossing the fireplace. The Yi ethnic minority regard fire as the most important thing in their lives.
Regional Climate in Qujing
- Luliang County
- Luoping County
- Qilin District
- Malong District
- Shizong County
- Fuyuan County
- Huize County
- Zhanyi District
- Xuanwei City