Cangyuan County Travel Tips
Cangyuan Wa Autonomous County is located in the southwest of Lincang City, Yunnan Province, over 800 km away from Kunming, the capital city of Yunnan Province. It’s a border city, Burma neighbors it in the west. More than 20 minority groups inhabit there for generations.
The best time to visit Cangyuan
Cangyuan enjoys a favorable climate, it’s fine to visit around the year.
What to Prepare?
Dress: The climate in Cangyuan is the subtropical monsoon climate, annual average temperature is 17.2℃, the lowest temperature is -1.3℃. Therefore, in Summer and Autumn, you don't have to take a lot of warm clothes, but a coat for slightly dropping in the temperature on rainy days; In spring and winter, even if it's not so cold, you should keep warm because we don't have heating there.
Sunscreen: Yunnan province is on the Yunnan-Guizhou plateau with enough sunshine and strong ultraviolet ray, so sun cream is needed. In addition, you can prepare a hat or sun-proof clothing.
Safety: Yunnan is a mountainous region, so is Cangyuan. You are supposed to watch your step, especially during the rainy season.
Although there is no five-star and four-star hotel in Cangyuan, some comfortable hotels are available. It is easy to find a place to stay because Cangyuan is a small county, you don't have to spend much time to find a hotel there.
Like other counties in Lingcang, there is no train station in Cangyuan, but long-distance bus is available. And luckily, you can also take a plane at Washan Airport now.
Telephone Number Inquiry: 114
Consumer Complaint: 12315
Tourist Complaint: 0883-7121005
Weather Forecast: 121
You can withdraw the cash for RMB in some branches of Bank in this county.
Cangyuan Branch of Postal Bank of China
Address: No.191, Guangyun Road, Mengdong Town, Cangyuan County.
Cangyuan Branch of Agricultural Bank of China
Address: No.343, Guangchang Road, Mengdong Town, Cangyuan County.
A list of Festivals in Cangyuan County
- The Sowing Seeds Festival (March of the solar calendar)
- The "Bengnanni" Festivalor Wa New Year (the last day in the last month of the Wa calendar)
- New Rice Festival (celebrated in the seventh or eighth lunar month of the Chinese calendar)
- Monihei Carnival of Wa Ethnic Minority (May 1st- May 4th)
- Dragging Wooden Drum Festival (April 10th- April 12th)
- New Water Festival of Wa People (lunar December 28th-30th)
- New Fire Festival of Wa People (seventh or eighth lunar month of Wa calendar)