For its typical geography, Jinghong Climate contains elements of both a tropical wet and dry climate and a humid subtropical climate. Summer is long and there is virtually no "winter" as such; instead, there is a dry season (November thru May) and wet season (June thru October). Annual sunshine hours amount to between 1800 and 2300 and annual rainfall ranging from 1,100 to 1,700 millimetres (43 to 67 in). The coolest month is December and January, averaging 11.6 °C , while the hottest is June, averaging 33.4°C. The average annual temperature in Jinghong is 23.3 °C.
The driest month is February. Most precipitation falls in August, with an average of 250 mm.
TEMPERATURE GRAPH JINGHONG
The warmest month of the year is April, with an average temperature of 33.4 °C. In January, the average temperature is 11.6°C. It is the lowest average temperature of the whole year.
JINGHONG CLIMATE TABLE // HISTORICAL WEATHER DATA
|Avg. Temperature (°C)||17.8||19.5||22.3||25.2||26.7||26.7||26.2||26.1||25.8||24.2||21.1||18.2|
|Min. Temperature (°C)||10.8||10.9||13.3||17.1||20.7||22.3||22.3||22||21.2||19.4||15.9||12.4|
|Max. Temperature (°C)||24.9||28.2||31.4||33.4||32.7||31.1||30.2||30.3||30.5||29||26.4||24|
|Avg. Temperature (°F)||64.0||67.1||72.1||77.4||80.1||80.1||79.2||79.0||78.4||75.6||70.0||64.8|
|Min. Temperature (°F)||51.4||51.6||55.9||62.8||69.3||72.1||72.1||71.6||70.2||66.9||60.6||54.3|
|Max. Temperature (°F)||76.8||82.8||88.5||92.1||90.9||88.0||86.4||86.5||86.9||84.2||79.5||75.2|
|Precipitation / Rainfall (mm)||19||14||22||50||138||177||225||229||150||105||62||23|
The difference in precipitation between the driest month and the wettest month is 215 mm. The average temperatures vary during the year by 8.9 °C.
What to Pack for Jinghong Travel
Be sure to bring enough T-shirts and shorts for the warm weather. A jacket is also necessary, because it will be a little cold in early morning and late night. Sandals must be prepared. Sandals are worn almost every day when you get there, and sneakers are needed if you join a hiking tour.
- Dry season (November-May): The weather is hot, T-shirts, shorts and scandals are necessary. It is cool in Januarary, so if you travel to Xishuangbanna in Jan, you should also prepare long sleeves, coat and trousers. In addition, sunglasses, sunscreen, mosquito repellent, sunshade cap and anti-heatstroke drugs are essential.
- Rainy Season (June-October): The weather is hot and humid, and you will feel sweaty. It is recommended to bring a small towel when going out. Umbrella, mosquito repellent, sunscreen and heatstroke prevention drugs (such as Huoxiang Zhengqi Capsule 藿香正气胶囊) are essential.
Best Time to Visit Jinghong
The best time to visit Jinghong is during the dry season (from November to April), when the weather is agreeable and the temperature is mild. Dry season is also the peak tourism time of Jinghong, Xishuangbanna, especially April, for the Water Splashing Festival is celebrated in April. If you would like to taste the various tropical fruit here, traveling during the rainy period from June to September is a good choice.
Travel Tips for Visiting Jinghong
Try to avoid the peak holidays such as Chinese Spring Festival (usually in late Jan or early Feb.), International Labor Day (May 01 to 03) and National Day (Oct 01-07). Spring Festival and the National Day golden week are the most crowded time for travelling.
- How to Plan a Xishuangbanna Tour
- How Many Days to Spend in XishuangBanna
- Top Things You Must Do in XishuangBanna During Your Yunnan Tour
- Top 10 Jinghong Tourist Attractions and Things To Do Rated on TripAdvisor