Jinghong Travel Tips
Jinghong Travel Tips will be helpful to plan your trip to here. For a better travel experience, it's necessary to read the information below.
|Phone Dialing Code||0691|
|Airport information center||0691-2159130|
|Xishuangbanna Dai Autonomous Prefecture Tourism Bureau||0691-2129851|
|Jinghong City Tourism Bureau||0691-2122077|
|Menghai County Tourism Bureau||0691-5122710|
|Mengla County Tourism Bureau||0691-8122291|
|Xishuangbanna Tourism Quality Supervision Administration||0691-96927|
|Xishuangbanna Center for Disease Control and Prevention||0691-213395|
Best time to Visit Jinghong
Jinghong weather is featured by 'hot'. The annual average temperature is 21.9℃. November to next May is dry season with cool weather so that it is the hot tourism season. The best time to visit Jinghong is during the dry season (from November to April), when the weather is agreeable and the temperature is mild. Dry season is also the peak tourism time of Xishuangbanna, especially April, for the Water Splashing Festival is celebrated in April. If you would like to taste the various tropical fruit here, traveling during the rainy period from June to September is a good choice.
Jinghong Dressing Tips
Be sure to bring enough T-shirts and shorts for the warm weather. A jacket is also necessary, because it will be a little cold in early morning and late night. Sandals must be prepared. Sandals are worn almost every day when you get there, and sneakers are needed if you join a hiking tour.
- Dry season (November-May): The weather is hot, T-shirts, shorts and scandals are necessary. It is cool in Januarary, so if you travel to Xishuangbanna in Jan, you should also prepare long sleeves, coat and trousers. In addition, sunglasses, sunscreen, mosquito repellent, sunshade cap and anti-heatstroke drugs are essential.
- Rainy Season (June-October): The weather is hot and humid, and you will feel sweaty. It is recommended to bring a small towel when going out. Umbrella, mosquito repellent, sunscreen and heatstroke prevention drugs (such as Huoxiang Zhengqi Capsule 藿香正气胶囊) are essential.
Jinghong dining gives you information about local food and places to enjoy the delicacies. Dai food will leave you a deep impression with its specific flavor. The Dai food is a famous branch of Dian food. Dai ethnic cuisine, renowned among Yunnan Cuisine, is taking glutinous rice, sourness, grilled and aquatic products as the principal things and seasoned with wild flavor. The representatives Jinghong Dai Food are Rice Cooked in Fragrant Bamboo, Pineapple Rice, Lemon Fish and Chicken boiled with sour bamboo shoots, etc.
- Snacks in Jinghong
- Restaurants in Jinghong
- Peacock Feast of Dai Ethnic Group
- Must-try Food in Xishuangbanna
Where to Stay in Jinghong
Jinghong Accommodation offers you wide range of choices from luxury five -star hotels to economic hotels, as well as featured inns located in city center and hot attractions. As a popular tourist city, Jinghong is ready to offer you various accommodations with well-appointed rooms and superior service. You can choose to stay in hotel in Wild Elephant Valley for your convenience to watch the Asian elephants, or hotels in Gaozhuang Xishuangjing Scenic Areaand Anantara Resort Hotel in Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden are all good recommendations. If you want the accommodation information near scenic area or the tea mountains, please contact us.
Consumption Level of Jinghong: The consumption level in Jinghong is lower than in Kunming. However, during the period of Water Splashing Festival, the price of accommodation and food will be increased.
Things to Do in Jinghong
Jinghong is definitely a famous tourist destination especially renowned among China domestic tourists. You can enjoy the tropical rain forest scenery, explore ethnic culture, Puer tea culture, taste local Dai food and Watch ethnic culture shows through joining our Xishuangbanna Tours. It offers wide range of choices such as Xishuangbanna Tea Culture Tours, Xishuangbanna Ethnic Culture Tours, Xishuangbanna Tropical Forest Tours, Xishuangbanna Cycling Tours or Xishuangbanna Cruise Tours.
- Jinghong Hiking Tours
- Jinghong Tea Culture Tours
- Jinghong Birding Tours
- Jinghong Cycling Tours
- Jinghong Tours
- Jinghong Adoption Heritage Tours
- Dai Show
- Water Splashing Festival
- Peacock Feast
Other Travel Tips
Money exchange is offered in any one of the 12 exchanges of Bank of China in Xishuangbanna. Bank of China Xishuangbanna Branch is located on Minzu Nan Road, Jinghong City, Xishuangbanna Dai Autonomous Prefecture.
Most of hotels, hostels and bars in Jinghong City, Xishuangbanna can provide free Wifi service.
Besides the Han Chinese, most of people in Jinghong are Dai people, Hani people, Jino people or Bulang people. They all have their own languages, which are quiet different from Chinese. Most of them can speak good Chinese but hardly English.
- Xishuangbanna People's Hospital (西双版纳州人民医院)
Address: 4 Galan South Rd, Jinghong City 景洪市嘎兰南路4号
- Jinghong People's Hospital (景洪市人民医院)
Address: 48 Galan Middle Rd,, Jinghong City 景洪市嘎兰中路48号
- Xishuangbanna Dai Medicine Hospital (西双版纳州傣院)
Address: 17 Minhang Rd, Jinghong City 景洪市民航路17号
• If you travel alone, please don't tell stranger your travel destination.
• Tourists had better not arrive at the destination at night. If you can't avoid arriving late, it's recommended to stay near airport.
• Tourists should respect the folk custom and taboo of local ethnic minorities especially when you have a visit to local villages and residences.
• Water is so important that Dai people care a lot about the cleanness of water. There is a well with beautiful decroration in every Dai village, into which nobody can throw anything.
• Except for believing in Hinayana Buddhism, Dai nationality still keeps original religion. In daily life, Dai people will hold many sacrifice activities that tourists can not have a look.
• The bedrooms of Dai people are not opened to outsiders.
• If you see symbol of “米” in the door of bamboo house, it represents that this family has pregnant woman. At this time, outsiders are not welcomed.
• During every lunar month, Jinuo village will have sacrifice activity lasting for three days. At that time, outsiders are not allowed to go into the village.
• Before enter in the bamboo house, visitors should take off their shoes.
• Each Bulang family has its own family god to worship, which is packed by banana leaf or sugarcane leaf and forbidden to touch.
• Outsiders can not touch the headcloth of Bulang male because it is the representative of their dignity.
- Travel to Jinghong from Kunming by Train
- How Many Days to Spend in XishuangBanna
- How to Get to Menglun Town from Jinghong City
- How to Get to Mengla County from Jinghong City
- Kunming to Jinghong Bus Schedule and Tickets Booking
- Top 10 Jinghong Tourist Attractions and Things To Do Rated on TripAdvisor
- Travel Tips and Things You Should Know Before Travel to The Ancient Tea Horse Road