Mojiang County Culture
Mojiang Ethnic Culture is diverse and colorful. It is a place where multi-ethnic groups inhabit. Different nationalities create different culture.
1. Ethnic Groups in Mojiang County
Mojiang is a multi-ethnic county with Hani as the main body. According to statistics in 1999, there were 3 ethnic groups including Hani, Han and Yi in the county with a total population of over 10,000. There were 3 ethnic groups with a total population of more than 1,000 but less than 10,000 people, including Dai, Lahu and Bulang. There were 19 ethnic groups with a total population of less than 1000, including Yao, Hui, Pumi, Bai, Zhuang. Ethnic minorities account for 73% of the total population, and Hani people account for 61.8% of the total population. It is the only Hani Autonomous County in the country.
2. Traditional Ethnic Townships in Mojiang County
- Yutang Yi Ethnic Town of Mojiang County in Puer City
- Tongguan Town of Mojiang County in Puer City
- Lianzhu Town of Mojiang County in Puer City
- Mengnong Yi Townshipof Mojiang County in Puer City
3. Traditional Ethnic Villages in Mojiang County
- Mengga Village and Tuzhang Earth House in Mojiang County, Puer
- Kuineng-Dazhai Hani Ethnic Village in Mojiang County, Puer
4. Ethnic Festivals in Mojiang County
The ethnic minorities, such as Hani, Bulang, Dai, Bai in Mojiang, have a long history and splendid culture with strong ethnic customs. Hani International Twins Festival, Spring Festival of Yao all present the local unique folk custom and culture.