Simao District Culture
Simao District Ethnic Culture is diverse and colorful. It is a place where multi-ethnic groups inhabit. Different nationalities create different culture.
1. Ethnic Groups in Simao District
There are many ethnic groups in Simao District. In addition to the Han nationality, there are thirteen living minorities. Among the ethnic minorities, there are five ethnic groups including Hani, Yi, Lahu, Wa and Dai with a population of more than 100,000.
2. Ethnic Township in Simao District
- Longtan Yi Ethnic Township (龙潭彝族傣族乡), Simao District, Pu’er City, Yunnan
- Yunxian Yi Ethnic Township (云仙彝族乡), Simao District, Pu’er City, Yunnan
3. Traditional Ethnic Villages in Simao District
- Mangba Village of Simaogang Town in Simao District, Pu’er
- Nanben Village of Longtan Town in Simao District, Pu’er
- Mangyue Village of Simaogang Town in Simao District, Puer
4. Ethnic Festivals in Simao District
The ethnic minorities, such as Dai, Hani, Lahu and Bulang minorities in Simao District, have a long history and splendid culture with strong ethnic customs. Dai people's Water Splashing Festival, Hani's Gatangpa Festival, Lahu's Kuota Festival, Bulang's New Year all present the local unique folk custom and culture.