XishuangBanna Travel Tips
Xishuangbanna Travel Tips will be helpful to plan your trip to here. For a better travel experience, it's necessary to read the information below. Xishuangbanna travel tips will also contribute to your Yunnan Travel.
|Phone Dialing Code||0691|
|Airport information center||0691-2159130|
|Xishuangbanna Dai Autonomous Prefecture Tourism Bureau||0691-2129851|
|Jinghong City Tourism Bureau||0691-2122077|
|Menghai County Tourism Bureau||0691-5122710|
|Mengla County Tourism Bureau||0691-8122291|
|Xishuangbanna Tourism Quality Supervision Administration||0691-96927|
|Xishuangbanna Center for Disease Control and Prevention||0691-213395|
Best time to Visit Xishuangbanna
Xishuangbanna weather is featured by 'hot'. The annual average temperature is 21.9℃. November to next May is dry season with cool weather so that it is the hot tourism season. The best time to visit Xishuangbanna is during the dry season (from November to April), when the weather is agreeable and the temperature is mild. Dry season is also the peak tourism time of Xishuangbanna, especially April, for the Water Splashing Festival is celebrated in April. If you would like to taste the various tropical fruit here, traveling during the rainy period from June to September is a good choice.
Xishuangbanna Dressing Tips
Be sure to bring enough T-shirts and shorts for the warm weather. A jacket is also necessary, because it will be a little cold in early morning and late night. Sandals must be prepared. Sandals are worn almost every day when you get there, and sneakers are needed if you join a hiking tour.
- Dry season (November-May): The weather is hot, T-shirts, shorts and scandals are necessary. It is cool in Januarary, so if you travel to Xishuangbanna in Jan, you should also prepare long sleeves, coat and trousers. In addition, sunglasses, sunscreen, mosquito repellent, sunshade cap and anti-heatstroke drugs are essential.
- Rainy Season (June-October): The weather is hot and humid, and you will feel sweaty. It is recommended to bring a small towel when going out. Umbrella, mosquito repellent, sunscreen and heatstroke prevention drugs (such as Huoxiang Zhengqi Capsule 藿香正气胶囊) are essential.
Xishuangbanna dining gives you information about local food and places to enjoy the delicacies. Dai food will leave you a deep impression with its specific flavor. The Dai food is a famous branch of Dian food. Dai ethnic cuisine, renowned among Yunnan Cuisine, takes glutinous rice, sourness, grilled and aquatic products as the principal things and seasoned with wild flavor. The representatives of Xishuangbanna Dai Food are Rice Cooked in Fragrant Bamboo, Pineapple Rice, Lemon Fish and Chicken boiled with sour bamboo shoots, etc.
- Snacks in Xishuangbanna
- Barbecue in Xishuangbanna
- Peacock Feast of Dai Ethnic Group
- Must-try Food in Xishuangbanna
Where to Stay in Xishuangbanna
Xishuangbanna Accommodation offers you wide range of choices from luxury five -star hotels to economic hotels, as well as featured inns located in city center and hot attractions. As a popular tourist city, Xishuangbanna is ready to offer you various accommodations with well-appointed rooms and superior service. You can choose to stay in hotel in Wild Elephant Valley for your convenience to watch the Asian elephants, or hotels in Gaozhuang Xishuangjing Scenic Area and Anantara Resort Hotel in Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden are all good recommendations. If you want the accommodation information near scenic area or the tea mountains, please contact us.
Consumption Level of Xishuangbanna
The consumption level in Xishuangbanna is lower than that of Kunming. However, during the period of Water Splashing festival, the price of accommodation and food will be increased greatly.
Things to Do in Xishuangbanna
Xishuangbanna is definitely a famous tourist destination especially renowned among China domestic tourists. You can enjoy the tropical rain forest scenery, explore ethnic culture, Puer tea culture, taste local Dai food and Watch ethnic culture shows through joining our Xishuangbanna Tours. It offers wide range of choices such as Xishuangbanna Tea Culture Tours, Xishuangbanna Ethnic Culture Tours, Xishuangbanna Tropical Forest Tours, Xishuangbanna Cycling Tours or Xishuangbanna Cruise Tours.
- Xishuangbanna Hiking Tours
- XishuangBanna Tea Culture Tours
- XishuangBanna Birding Tours
- Xishuangbanna Cycling Tours
- XishuangBanna Golf Tours
- XishuangBanna Muslim Tours
- Dai Show
- Water Splashing Festival
- Peacock Feast
Other Travel Tips
Money exchange is offered in any one of the 12 exchanges of Bank of China in Xishuangbanna. Bank of China Xishuangbanna Branch is located on Minzu Nan Road, Jinghong City, Xishuangbanna Dai Autonomous Prefecture.
Most of hotels, hostels and bars in Jinghong City can provide free Wifi service.
Most of people in Xishuangbanna are Dai people, Hani people, Jino people or Bulang people. They all have their own languages, which are quiet different from Chinese. Most of them can speak good Chinese but hardly English.
- Xishuangbanna People's Hospital (西双版纳州人民医院)
Address: 4 Galan South Rd, Jinghong City 景洪市嘎兰南路4号
- Jinghong People's Hospital (景洪市人民医院)
Address: 48 Galan Middle Rd,, Jinghong City 景洪市嘎兰中路48号
- Xishuangbanna Dai Medicine Hospital (西双版纳州傣院)
Address: 17 Minhang Rd, Jinghong City 景洪市民航路17号
- If you travel alone, please don't tell stranger your travel destination.
- Tourists had better not arrive at the destination at night. If you can't avoid arriving late, it's recommended to stay near airport.
- Tourists should respect the folk custom and taboo of local ethnic minorities especially when you have a visit to local villages and residences.
- How to Plan a Xishuangbanna Tour
- How Many Days to Spend in XishuangBanna
- Top Things You Must Do in XishuangBanna During Your Yunnan Tour
- Cycling Travel Guide from Kunming to Puer and XishuangBanna
- Top Cycling Tour Routes in XishuangBanna
- Road Condition from Kunming to Yuxi, Puer and XishuangBanna
- Travel Tips and Things You Should Know Before Travel to The Ancient Tea Horse Road
Regional Travel Tips
- Jinghong Travel Tips
- Menghai Travel Tips
- Menghla Travel Tips
- Mohan Travel Tips
- Menglun Travel Tips
- Yiwu Travel Tips