Rafting Travel Tips
River Travel Tips in Yunnan and Advice provide some practical Yunnan travel tips such as Best Rivers to Take a Rafting, Most Popular Yunnan Rafting Tours, Tips and FAQs of Yunnan Travel, which can help you make a better plan before departure, and deal with emergencies or anything unpredictable while traveling.
Best Rivers for Your Yunnan Rafting Tour
Yunnan has unique rafting resources. There are five famous rivers, namely, Jinsha River, Lancang River, Nujiang River, Honghe River and Pearl River. This is a gift from nature. Moreover, Yunnan is the only region that can drift out of the country. From the Lancang River, Nujiang River and Honghe River, it can flow directly into neighboring countries. In the early summer season, bring your family and come to have a close contact with water!
At present, Yunnan Exploration provides the Yunnan Rafting Tours to Tiger Leaping Gorge (most exciting), Duoyi River (tender waterflow), Nanla River (tropical scenery), The First Bend of Yangtze River(magnificent riverside view), Nanxi River (picturesque natural scenery), Nanpan River (most romantic), Lancang-Mekong River (mysterious trip) and Nujiang River (spectacular scenery).
Most Popular Yunnan Rafting Tours
- 4 Days Nujiang River and Nujiang Grand Canyon Rafting Tour
- 7 Days the Upper Yangtze River Rafting Tour from Deqin to Lijiang
- 10 Days Yunnan Classic Tour with the Upper Yangtze River Rafting Tour
- 14 Days China-Laos Mekong River Cruise Tour from Kunming to Luang Prabang
More about Yunnan Rafting Tours
Top Travel Tips for Your Yunnan Rafting Travel
Yunnan river rafting can be interesting and if you follow the safety tips and keep some rafting travel tips in mind.
Matters Need Attention
Don’t Go Beyond Your Physical Limitation
Even if you are a good swimmer, understand about your physical limitation and never go beyond it while in rafting activity. Take basic swimming lessons before undergoing this water sport. Even upper body exercises are very much beneficial.
Avoid Going Rafting Alone
Never go alone on a rafting trip alone. Always hire a guide or an instructor. You can fully enjoy your rafting trip under professional and supervised guidance.
Never ever consume alcohol before starting on a river rafting trip, as drinking alcohol before rafting will not only put your life at risk but of the entire group who is on the trip with you.
Wear a Life Jacket Always
Always select a lifejacket you feel quite comfortable in. Do not act in haste while selecting the lifejacket. Do not wear vests which are oversized.
Raft in Daylight
Never prefer to go rafting in the dark. Make sure that you reach the end point before it starts getting dark.
Avoid Carrying Valuables
Carry a few dry bags to safely store some personal items. However, it is advisable that you avoid carrying things like wallet, car keys etc.
What to Pack for Your Yunnan Rafting Travel
- Shorts: quick drying shorts can double as a swimsuit for men.
- Hiking boots, water sport sandals
- Shirts: long sleeved is best for sun protection
- Long underwear
- Sweater or jacket
- Common medicine
- Prescribed medicine (BP, Diabetes and Asthma)
- Mobile + Charger
Safety Travel Tips
For Rafting Organizers
- Check the functions of the drifting device.
- Equip with enough spare equipment.
- Collect and analyze the hydrological data of the drifting river section and the drainage area over the years, including the seasonal variation of the water level, the regularity of the water flow rate, and the monthly change of the water volume.
- Collect and analyze climatic data in river sections and river basins, such as rainfall, rainy season and dry season.
- Purchase detailed maps of rivers from Google and professional map publishers, learn about the shape of the valley, and analyze where the shoal might exist.
- Purchase outdoor sports professional insurance.
- Purchase enough drifting food, related household items and drinking water disinfectants.
- Observe the water level and water quantity before departure. Compared with the past period, if it is abnormal, give up the trip and be safe first even if everything is ready.
For Rafting Tourists
- Read the drifting instructions carefully, follow the staff’s arrangements, wear a life jacket, and find a safety rope.
- Buy raincoats at the drifting starting point.
- When the ship passes the shoal, it must obey the command of the staff. Do not arbitrarily move. Grasp the safety rope, tighten the feet, and tilt the body toward the center of the hull.
- If a boat turns over, be calm. It is safe because we wear life jacket.
- River Rafting Travel Tips
- Tiger Leaping Gorge Rafting
- Top 9 Rivers for Rafting Tours in Kunming
- How to Plan River Rafting Adventure Tour in Yunnan
- The 6 Famous Rafting Destinations and Rivers in Yunnan
Edited by Cloudy Fu/付云