Mohan Travel Tips
• Fire: 119 • Police: 110 • Ambulance: 120
• Weather Forecast: 121
• Tourist complaint: 0691-8122291
• Xishuangbanna Airport Inquiry Telephone: 0691-2159129
2. Post Office
• Mohan China Post Office(International Port Branch)
Add: No.114, Dongmeng Avenue, Mo Han Economy Development Zone, Mengla, Xishuangbanna
3. Money Exchange
This is a currency exchange spot called Mengla County Lianshe Currency Exchange Spot(勐腊县联社磨憨货币兑换点) which can provide the money exchange service including the currency of Laotian Kip, Thai baht and US dollar.
• Mohan Health Center
Add: No.652, Dongmeng Avenue, Mo Han Economy Development Zone, Mengla, Xishuangbanna
Most of people in Mohan are Dai, Hani, Yi. Most of them can speak good Chinese and also some English.
6. How to Get to Mohan
Currently, tourists can only take long-distance bus or fly to Xishuangbanna and then transfer to Mohan by bus. Long-distance bus is the main way getting to Mohan.
7. Best Time to Visit Mohan
The best time to visit Mohan is during the dry season (from November to April), when the weather is agreeable and the temperature is mild. If you would like to taste the rich tropical fruit here, traveling during the period from June to September is a good choice.
8. What to See
There's not many things to see in Mohan except the Border Control. While it's near Wangtianshu Scenic Area which is a popular attraction in Xishuangbanna.
9. Dressing Tips
Tourists had better bring more T-shirts, short pants and one piece of thin coat to prevent the cool weather at night. And sandal is necessary because of the hot weather.
• Dry Season(November to May): Bring sun glasses, sun creen, mosquito repellent, sunhat and medicine to prevent heatstroke.
• Rainy Season(July to October): Due to the wet weather, you may feel uncomfortable when sweat streaming. It's recommended to bring a piece of small towel, umbrella, mosquito repellent, sunscreen and medicine to prevent heatstroke.
• Water is so important that Dai people care a lot about the cleanness of water. There is a well with beautiful decroration in every Dai village, into which nobody can throw anything.
• Except for believing in Hinayana Buddhism, Dai nationality still keeps original religion. In daily life, Dai people will hold many sacrifice activities that tourists can not have a look.
• The bedrooms of Dai people are not opened to outsiders.
• If you see symbol of “米” in the door of bamboo house, it represents that this family has pregnant woman. At this time, outsiders are not welcomed.
• If you travel alone, please don't tell stranger your travel destination casually.
• Tourists had better not arrive at the destination at night. If you can't avoid arriving late, it's recommended to stay near airport.
• Tourists should respect the folk custom and taboo of local ethnic minorities especially when you have a visit to local villages and residences.