Xishan District Travel Tips
Xishan District is located in the west of Kunming City. It is one of Kunming five urban core cities. If tourists want to travel there, tourists should know these travel tips we provide about Wuhua District.
‣ Money Exchange
You can use cash and your passport to exchange for Chinese Yuan in every branch of Bank of China without fees charged. And 17 kinds of currency are supported, such as English pound, US dollar, Singapore dollar, Euro and so on.
|• Dongsijie Street Branch of Bank of China (Address: 25,Gaodi Villagein Dongsijie Street of Xishan District)|
|• Danxia Road Branch of Bank of China (Address: 265, Danxia Road, Xishan District)|
‣The Best Time to Go
With favorable weather all year round, Xishan District is a beautiful place worth traveling, especially from March to October-the best time to visit Wuhua District when blooming flowers, ripe fruits and festival activities all gather together. However, there is also something that tourist should notice in four seasons.
● Spring (March to May): Because the weather in Wuhua District is a bit dry, suggested that tourists drink more water and eat more fruit and vegetables. And pay attention to the large temperature changes between day and night.
● Summer (June -August): Due to the strong UV radiation and changeable weather, tourists had better wear sun hats, sun glasses and sunscreen. And drink more water against dry weather and altitude sickness.
● Autumn (September to October): From May to October is the rainy season in Kunming, if it rains the temperature will be lower, so tourists have better to take a windcoat and light sweater.
● Winter (November to February): The average temperature in Kunming in the coldest month, which will be 6 degree to 8 degree. People who are easily getting cold would better bring down jacket.
‣ Dressing Tips
The temperature changes a lot between day and night in Wuhua District especially in rainy day, please keep warm and take care of yourself. Due to the high altitude, please protect yourself from strong UV radiation by wearing sun hats, sun glasses and sunscreen. And drink more water because the climate is dry here.
‣ Toilet Facilities
Public Toilets can easily found in Wuhua District for free or changing 0.5 yuan. And you can find free sanitary toilets in large shopping mall or fast food restaurants.
‣ Useful Numbers
- Fire: 119 • Police: 110 • Ambulance: 120
- Weather forecast of the scenic spots: 16800122
- Zip code inquiry: 3139491
- Consumption Complaint: 12315
- Tourism Complaint: 3164961
‣ Post Offices and Hospitals
•Nanqutoudi Branch of China Post Office
• Dianchi Road Branch of China Post Office
• The First People's Hospital of Yunnan Province
• Xishan District People's Hospital