Zhaotong Travel Tips
When you go to a new place, you should know some useful information to make your journey more convenient and save your time. Zhaotong is always regarded as one of the important destinations in the classical Yunnan Travel. Yunnan Exploration provides the detailed information about Zhaotong Travel Tips, which make your Zhaotong Travel more convenient and interesting.
Useful Numbers of Zhaotong
- Fire: 119
- Police: 110
- Ambulance: 120
- Zip Code Inquiry: 184
- Weather Forecast: 121
- Telephone Number Inquiry: 114
- Tourist Complaints: 0870-96927, 2124059
Best Time to Visit Zhaotong
Zhaotong City belongs to the zone of the continental monsoon climate. The temperature of winter is quite low, but comfortable in summer. The annual average temperature is 11.6℃, the average precipitation is 735 mm and the annual sunshine reaches 1902 hours. Zhaotong is a place that can be visited all year around and the best time to visit Zhaotong is spring. In spring, you can enjoy the beautiful flowers; in summer, you can climb mountains; in autumn, you can get the happiness of harvest.
- March-June, September-November: People can dress some thin clothes and take some coats or jackets for different changes between morning and night.
- July-August: People should dress some cool clothes for it is so hot and someone could take some raincoats and rash guards.
- December-February: When it comes to winter, people need to take some thick clothes to keep warm and take some scarves and hats to protect their head.
Note: If you want to go to the attractions, you should wear some alpine jackets, hiking boots.
Important Travel Tips for Visiting Zhaotong
How to Get to Zhaotong
Located in the northeast of Yunnan Province, historically one of an important cities in the south-western Silk Road, Zhaotong City is the communication center and the north gate of Yunnan Province leading to Sichuan and areas in middle- and lower reaches of the Yangtze River. It is also an inland port to Southeast Asia and South Asia. Zhaotong has a convenient transportation system. People can get to Zhaotong by air, train, long-distance bus and ship. State Highway 213 runs through the prefecture-level city and extends to Kunming, the capital of Yunnan Province, Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan Province and Lanzhou, the capital of Gansu Province. People can get to Zhaotong by air, train, long-distance bus and ship.
More about Zhaotong Transportation
Zhaotong food is effected by Sichuan Cuisine and Guizhou Cuisine. It has Sichuan cuisine's spicy and pungent flavor and Guizhou cuisine's incense and they are good at using ingredients and picking. They emphasize that the spicy and pungent flavor can defeat the damp. When you come to Zhaotong City, these dishes are must-eat, including Weixin Sour Fish, Fried Preserve Meat with Bracken, Tianma (Gastrodia Elata) Steamed Chicken, Shuifu Bacon.
Tourist souvenirs, as the name implies, are exquisitely portable, craftsmanship gifts with regional characteristics and national characteristics that are purchased by tourists during the tour, and are memorable souvenirs. Some people think the tourist souvenir is a city business card with a high collection and appreciation value, which is elegant and gorgeous. There are many souvenirs that worth your money in Zhaotong, such as Tiny Pleat Cloak, Zhaotong Red Fuji Apple, Small Bowl Brown Sugar, Zhaotong Sauce, Wax Printing, etc.
Where to Stay in Zhaotong
As Zhaotong is abundant with hotels and hostels with different standards, choosing a lodging place in Zhaotong is a piece of cake. Zhaotong Accommodation and Hotels Booking introduces the recommended 4-star comfortable hotels, and economic and cheap hostels in Zhaotong. Star hotels are mainly located in the city center with elegant furnishings and all-inclusive services which will meet customers’ different accommodation needs. It’s suggested to reserve the room on the internet during the peak season for an available room with a discount. These hotels include Zhaotong Jiangshan Hotel, New Century Hotel, Zhaotong Ziguang Boutique Hotel, Zhaotong Fengxixiangrui Hotel are good choices to stay in Zhaotong.
Matters need attention
- Try not to take a bath.
- Prepare some disposable toilet seats.
- Wash your hands after using the remote control.
- It is best not to wear plastic slippers provided by the hotel.
- Before using the water glass, use the boiling water to disinfect.
- Although the hotel's bed sheet is replaced every day, it is best to prepare a set of comfortable pajamas.
Things to Do in Zhaotong
When you come to Zhaotong, do not worry what to do in Zhaotong. Zhaotong Attractions are abundant and are full of all kinds, including natural sceneries, human sceneries and villages where you can experience the rich ethnic culture. Zhaotong is well-known for Zhaotong Apple and boasts its abundant tourist resources. Zhaotong is a great city to visit. If you are a first time visitor, solo traveler or travelling with family, it is always good to know popular attractions to visit. As a multi-ethnic place, its attractions are definitely related to the ethnic minority culture except the natural landscapes and historical sites. What's more, Zhaotong is a place suitable for traveling and in-depth exploration. Under the background of long history, numerous ethnic groups and unique natural conditions, Zhaotong is the best place to experience the rich ethnic culture. There are a number of places of historical interest and natural scenic spots in Zhaotong for your exploration. Come to Zhaotong and take a unique Zhaotong Tour for your Yunnan Travel.
Top Attractions in Zhaotong
Zhaotong, a place with long history, is always a heaven for many people all over the world. Zhaotong is also a perfect destination for people who want to seek for antiquity, explore the fascinating natural sceneries. When you come to Zhaotong, the top attractions in Zhaotong are must-visit. Zhaotong, known as a land of wonders, both natural and man-made, will make you forget to leave.
- Dashanbao Black-necked Crane Nature Reserve
- Jigong Mountain of Dashanbao Nature Reserve
- Tongluoba National Forest Park
- Huanglianhe River Scenic Area
- Memorial Hall of Zhaxi Conference
- Doushaguan Scenic Area
- Zhaotong Old Town
- Wanghailou Tower
- Long Family Ancestral Temple
- Guandoushan Stone Carving
- West Grand Canyon
- Duojundong Cave
- Dalongdong Cave
- Yaoshan Mountain
- Wuchi Ancient Road
- West Grand Canyon Hot Spring
- Dahaizi Wetland
- Xiaocaoba Scenic Area
- Qingguanting Park
Matters need attention
- Take care of your luggage and important things, such as passport and visa.
- Check out the weather report before your travel. Do not go sightseeing in bad weather.
- Respect and follow local custom and avoid conflicts.
- Avoiding crossing the fireplace. The Yi ethnic minority regard fire as the most important thing in their lives.
- Do not eat dog, kill dog and beat dog. This is forbidden by the Miao ethnic minority.
Banks in Zhaotong
- Zhontong Branch of Bank of China(中国银行昭通市分行)
Add: No.176 Qingnian Road, Zhaoyang District, Zhaotong City, Yunnan Province(云南省昭通市昭阳区青年路176号)
- Industrial and Commercial Bank of China(工商银行)
Add: No.227 Nanguang Road, Zhenxiong County, Zhaotong City(云南省昭通市镇雄县南广路227号)
- Agricultural Bank of China (农业银行)
Add: Middle Section of Pedestrian Street, Zhaoyang District, Zhaotong City (云南省昭通市昭阳区步行街中段)
- China Construction Bank(建设银行)
Add: Luobinghui Square, Beishuicheng, Zhaoyang District, Zhaotong City(云南省昭通市昭阳区北顺城罗炳辉广场)
- Post Office Savings Bank(邮政储蓄银行)
Add: No.54 Tuanjie Road, Zhaoyang District, Zhaotong City, Yunnan Province(云南省昭通市昭阳区团结路54号)
Post Offices and Expresses in Zhaotong
- China Post(Ludian Post Office)(中国邮政(鲁甸县邮政局))
Add: No. 5 Pingdong Road, Wenping Town(文屏镇文屏东路5号)
- China Post(Nandajie Post Office)(中国邮政(南大街邮政局))
Add: No. 403 Zhaoyang Avenue(昭阳大道403号)
- Express Mail Service(Qingnian Road)(邮政速递(青年路店))
Add: No. 295 Qingnian Road, Zhaoyang District, Zhaotong City, Yunnan Province(云南省昭通市昭阳区青年路295)
Tel: (0870)11185Express Mail Servic
- STO Express(申通快递)
Add: No. 263 Fengxia Road, Zhaoyang District, Zhaotong City(昭通市昭阳区凤霞路263号)
- YTO Express(圆通速递)
Add: Zhaotong Avenue, Zhaoyang District, Zhaotong City(昭通市昭阳区昭通大道)
- SF Express(顺丰速运)
Add: No. 112 Shop, Longyun Yayuan Community, Zhaoyang District, Zhaotong(昭通市昭阳区龙韵雅苑112号商铺)
Hospitals in Zhaotong
- Zhaotong Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospital(昭通市中医医院)
Add: West Section of Tuanjie Road, Zhaoyang District, Zhaotong City(昭通市昭阳区团结路西段)
- Zhaotong No. 1 People's Hospital(昭通市第一人民医院)
Add: No.35 Yiwei Road, Zhaoyang District, Zhaotong City(昭通市昭阳区医卫路35号)
- Zhaotong Jiuzhou Hospital(昭通九洲医院)
Add: No.313 Zhaoyang Road, Zhaoyang District, Zhaotong City(昭通市昭阳区邵通市昭阳大道313号)
- Zhaotong Chaoyang Hospital(昭通朝阳医院)
Add: No.833-841 Hailou Road, Zhaoyang District, Zhaotong City(昭通市昭阳区海楼路833-841号)
- Zhaotong South Hospital(昭通南方医院)
Add: No.163, Zhaoyang Road, Zhaoyang District, Zhaotong City(昭通市昭阳区昭阳大道163号)
Other Travel Tips for Visiting Zhaotong
- In China, please had better not travel in peak seasons, such as Chinese New Year, International Labor Day and National Day. If you want to experience the traditional festival culture, Taking a tour during the traditional festivals of China can get the opportunity to experience the festivals culture.
- Be careful of the changeable temperature. A few chilly days could be followed by relatively hot weather. So it is better to take some early winter clothes to protect you away from the sudden low temperature.
Regional Travel Tips in Zhaotong
- Qiaojia County
- Shuifu County
- Zhaoyang District
- Ludian County
- Yanjin County
- Daguan County
- Yongshan County
- Suijiang County
- Zhenxiong County
- Yiliang County
- Weixin County