1 Day Lijiang City Birding Tour
Lying in the most south-western corner of China, Yunnan Province has received little attention from birders and yet it holds some of the most exciting habitats and alluring species in the whole of Asia. The area’s close proximity to Myanmar (formerly Burma) coupled with the ease of travel – good roads, often excellent hotels, and superb food – combine to produce a comfortable tour with some really special birds.
- visit several areas in western Yunnan including a number of sites close to the border with Myanmar.
Day 1 Lijiang
Sightseeing and Activities:Lahihai Lake, Black Dragon Pool
We’ll spend a day around picturesque Lijiang to visit Lahihai Lake, Black Dragon Pool and Lijiang Ancient Town and will leave early for a site where the poorly known and globally threatened White-speckled Laughingthrush was recently discovered. It’s extremely rare and persecuted so our chances of finding one are slim. Other target species in the rich forests here include the fabulously inquisitive Rufous-tailed Babbler, Black-bibbed Tit, vociferous but melancholy Black-headed Sibia, Black-streaked Scimitar-babbler, Chinese Babax, Elliot’s Laughingthrush, Rusty-capped and Spectacled Fulvettas, White-collared Yuhina.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Hotels as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.