1 Day Shaxi Old Town and Shibaoshan Mountain Tour from Lijiang
Shaxi once played an important role as a bustling trade station on the Tea and Horse Caravan Road, which is an important branch of the Silk Road. Shibaoshan Mountain, also...
Code of Tour: YET0000004321
Length of Travel: 1 Day
Destinations of Tour: Lijiang-Shaxi-Lijiang
Departure City: Lijiang
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour:
Features of Tour: Nature Culture History Ancient towns
Shaxi once played an important role as a bustling trade station on the Tea and Horse Caravan Road, which is an important branch of the Silk Road. Shibaoshan Mountain, also known as the Stone Treasure Mountain, Shizhong or Stone Bell Temple and Baoxiang Temple, is dotted with Buddhist statues carved along the rocky mountainside. This tour brings you to explore the Shaxi Old town and the famous Toaist mountain–Shibaoshan.
- Visit and explore religious culture in Shibaoshan Mountain.
- Discover the important ancient town of silk road, Shaxi Old Town.
Day 1 Lijiang-Shaxi-Lijiang
Sightseeing and Activities: Sahxi Old Town and Shibaoshan Mountain
In the morning, the guide and driver will pick you up from your hotel in Lijiang. Drive to visit Shibaoshan Mountain. Located on 25 km southwest of Jianchuan County, the Shibao (Stone Treasure) Hills are also called the Shizhong (Stone Bell) Hills. Built during the Tang and Song Dynasties, it is considered as an official historical site.
Later go ahead to visit Shaxi Old Town. The remains of an ancient market town and once an active trade stop on the Southern Silk Road that connected Tibet and China with Southeast Asia and Europe. This Road is actually older than the other famous Silk Road (in the North), predating it by at least 300 years. Shaxi has been listed by the World Monuments Fund as one of the world’s 100 most endangered sites.
After the tour, drive back to Lijiang (2-2.5hrs).
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Meals not listed in the itinerary;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.