2 Days Shaxi Old Town and Shibaoshan Mountain Tour from Dali to Lijiang
Shaxi Old Town once played an important role as a bustling trade station on the Tea and Horse Caravan Road, which is an important branch of the Silk Road. Shibaoshan...
Code of Tour: YET0000004322
Length of Travel: 2 Day
Destinations of Tour: Dali--Shaxi-Lijiang
Departure City: Dali
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour:
Features of Tour: Culture History Minorities Ancient towns
Shaxi Old Town once played an important role as a bustling trade station on the Tea and Horse Caravan Road, which is an important branch of the Silk Road. Shibaoshan Mountain, also known as the Stone Treasure Mountain, Shizhong or Stone Bell Temple and Baoxiang Temple, is dotted with Buddhist statues carved along the rocky mountainside. For this 2 days tour you can visit the famous Taoist mountain Shibaoshan in Jianchuan and have a nice stroll in Shaxi.
- Experience the ethnic cuture of Bai minority in Xizhou Town – visit Bai-style morning market.
- Visit and explore religious culture in Shibaoshan Mountain.
- Discover the important ancient town of silk road, Shaxi Old Town.
- Day 1: Dali-Shaxi
- Day 2: Shaxi-Lijiang
Day 1 Dali-Jianchuan-Shaxi
Sightseeing and Activities: Xizhou Morning Market, Shibaoshan Mountain
Accommodation:Shaxi Old Town
Meals: No meals
In the morning, the guide and driver will pick you up from hotel, and then transfer to see the morning market in Xizhou Town , a town in which you can fully appreciate Bai-style traditional architectural and explore their distinctive culture.
Afterwards, you will head to Jianchuan County(1.5hrs) and visit Shibaoshan Mountain. Located on 25 km southwest of Jianchuan County, the Shibao (Stone Treasure) Hills are also called the Shizhong (Stone Bell) Hills. Built during the Tang and Song Dynasties, it is considered as an official historical site.
Then move to check in your hotel in Shaxi old town.
Day 2 Shaxi-Lijiang
Sightseeing and Activities: Shaxi Old Town
In the Morning, you will visit Shaxi Old Town. The remains of an ancient market town and once an active trade stop on the Southern Silk Road that connected Tibet and China with Southeast Asia and Europe. This Road is actually older than the other famous Silk Road (in the North), predating it by at least 300 years. Shaxi has been listed by the World Monuments Fund as one of the world’s 100 most endangered sites.
Afterwards, you’ll depart to Lijiang(2-2.5hrs). Service ends.
|Destination||5 Star||4 Star||4 Star||Hostels|
|Shaxi||Landscape Hotel||Shaxi Aoding Courtyard||Xiaolazhe Yododo Inn||/|
- Transfers and tours with local English speaking guides in private air-conditioned vehicles;
- All entrance fees as mentioned in the programme;
- Accommodation as listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary.
- International airfare: entry & departure Yunnan;
- Optional tours;
- Tips to tour guides and drivers;
- Personal travel insurance;
- Personal expenditure, such as drinks, souvenirs, laundry, camera fees, communications, postage, gratuities etc;
- Meals and services other than mentioned in the programme;
- Chinese visa fee;
- Early check-in and late check-out at hotels, if not mentioned in the programme.