2 Days Xishuangbanna Cycling Tour along the Mekong River
Xishuangbanna Dai Autonomous Prefecture is a very attractive destination for tourists as well as important gateway to Southeast Asia. The Mekong River crosses Xishuangbanna to become the border river between...
Code of Tour: YET0000008299
Length of Travel: 2 Day
Destinations of Tour: Jinghong-Ganlanba-Jinghong
Departure City: Jinghong
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour:
Features of Tour: Minorities Cycling Rivers ethnic villages
Xishuangbanna Dai Autonomous Prefecture is a very attractive destination for tourists as well as important gateway to Southeast Asia. The Mekong River crosses Xishuangbanna to become the border river between Lao and Myanmar before entering North Thailand. This tour will bring you to cycle along the Mekong River and through local ethnic villages to fully appreciate the natural sceneries of tropical rainforest and diverse ethnic cultures of local people.
- Enjoy relax cycling to local ethnic villages.
- Appreciate Mekong and all kinds of plantations of local villagers along the way.
- Visit a local market to epxlore the daily lives fo natives.
- Day 1: Jinghong – Ganlanba
- Day 2: Ganlanba – Jinghong
Day 1 Jinghong-Ganlanba
Sightseeing and Activities:Ganlanba
Accommodation: Ganlanba local family
In the morning, cycle along the Mekong to Ganlanba, a traditional Dai inhabitancy region, enjoy view along the river on the way, in Ganlanaba, cycle around in the countryside across rice fields, banana plantation and vegetable garden to visit villages and temples, the area is pretty flat, most roads are paved, villages are close to each other, villagers are open and friendly, so cycling may be very relaxing. In the late afternoon, we will stop in some villages and stay for night in stilted house with a local family.
Day 2 Ganlanba-Jinghong
Sightseeing and Activities:daily local market, ferry tour
Get up in morning singing of roosters, have a simple breakfast in village, say bye to hospitable villagers, continue cycling for some section back to Ganlanba Town, see a lively daily local market of Dai people, village women are industrious, they bring to the market every morning their native produces to support the daily consumption of town people. Later we take ferry across the Mekong to the other side, continue cycling across rubber plantation, more villages of Dai to highway, along which we return Jinghong.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Accommodation with breakfast as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide and vehicle for transfers & sightseeing;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Two bottles of mineral water each day;
- Travel Agency’s Responsibility Insurance.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.
- If time is limited and cycling is too much for you, one-day trip can be organized, too. Cycling to Ganlanba along the Mekong, tour around to explore villages and temples, on late afternoon manage to get bikes on a pick-up or tricycle, return Jinghong (to cycle back is fine if would like, but back journey may turn a little boring and tiring).
- If want to experience more, have your bikes loaded on boat, take a relaxing cruise down the Mekong to Ganlanba instead of cycling there, your trip would be more changeable and interesting. Or do this in reverse, cycle to Ganlanba along road in the morning and in the afternoon take a relaxing boat cruise back to Jinghong town.
- To rent bikes in Ganlanba is possible, too, but not at professional shop, a bike repairer is doing this business with some old bikes collected in countryside, not performing well, so this is only an option, not very recommended.