4 Days Dali to Lijiang Tour with Jizu Mountain and Lugu Lake Pilgrimage
You will have a humble visit to the Chinese Buddhist mountain-Jizu Moutain first. Then the second attraction would be a leisure walking tour around Chenghai Lake. After that, Lugu...
Code of Tour: YET0000046358
Length of Travel: 4 Day
Destinations of Tour: Dali-Binchuan County-Jizu Mountain-Chenghai Lake-Ninglang County- Lugu Lake-Lijiang
Departure City: Dali
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour:
Features of Tour: Ethnic culture tours Historical and cultural tours Mountain climbing tours Sunrise and sunset view villages tours
You will have a humble visit to the Chinese Buddhist mountain-Jizu Moutain first. Then the second attraction would be a leisure walking tour around Chenghai Lake. After that, Lugu Lake can not be missed. It’s an amazing lake with beautiful sceneries. Around the lake, inhabited a mysterious ethnic minority people—Mosuo people which is the last tribe of Chinese matriarchal society. The tour from Lijiang to Lugu Lake will give you an unforgettable experience of your life time.
- Visit one of the four sacred Chinese Buddhist mountains in Dali-Jizu Mountain;
- Have a stop to see the second largest freshwater lake in western Yunnan as well as one of the three major lakes in the world-Chenghai Lake;
- Explore unique Ethnic culture and get amazed by Mosuo people in Mosuo Culture Museum;
- Enchanted by the charm and breathtaking scenery of Lugu lake.
- Day 1: Dali-Binchuan County-Jizu Mountain
- Day 2: Jizu Mountain-Chenghai Lake-Ninglang County-Lugu Lake
- Day 3: Lugu Lake
- Day 4: Lugu Lake-Lijiang
Day 1 Dali-Binchuan County-Jizu Mountain
Sightseeing and Activities: Jizu Moutain
Accommodation: Jizu Moutain
Pick you up at your hotel in Dali. Then transfer to Binchuan County and visit Jizu Mountain. Jizu Mountain or Chicken Foot Mountain is one of the four sacred Buddhist mountains of Chinese Buddhism. Its name comes from the fact that this volcanic mountain is shaped like a chicken’s foot with three hills on one side and a single hill at the back. Many of the temples on the mountain were first built during the Tang Dynasty, reaching their heyday during the Ming and Qing Dynasties. However, during the cultural revolution, many were razed to the ground. Now what still remains are the Jiuling Temple, Zunsheng Temple and Huideng Temple and a few other smaller temples. Besides these Buddhist attractions, you can also climb to the top of the mountain in the early morning and watch the sunrise. It is possible to make a round trip to the mountain top within a day, but lodging in the Bingchuan County is inevitable.
Day 2 Jizu Mountain-Chenghai Lake-Ninglang County-Lugu Lake
Sightseeing and Activities: Jizu Moutain, Chenghai Lake, Lugu Lake
Accommodation: Lugu Lake
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Enjoy the sunrise at Jizu Mountain in the early morning. Then have vegetarian breakfast. After that, drive to Lugu Lake. On the way, have a stop to visit Chenghai Lake in Yongsheng County, Ljiang. We will also visit some local ethnic villages along the way.
Arrive at Lugu Lake in the afternoon and enjoy your free time.
Day 3 Lugu Lake
Sightseeing and Activities: Lugu Lake
Accommodation: Lugu Lake
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
In the morning, you will take the canoes to visit Liwubi Island in Lugu Lake. Pay a visit to Mosuo Culture Museum and learn the Mosuo ethnic custom in the museum. We will arrange a Mosuo family to visit and have lunch in Mosuo family, enjoy the Mosuo real life in a village.
In the afternoon, you will drive about 20Km to visit the Zhamei Lamaist Monastery which is the biggest lamasery in Moso area Yongning Town. Tibetan people call Yongning as “taluo”, meaning “the way to heaven”. The place the Zhamei Lamasery lies in is called “Zhameige”, which means “no war”. The coincidence of these two names make the Lamasery even famous in Tibet.
In the evening, take part in Mosuo Bonfire Party with ethnic dance and singing performance.You will dance and sing with Mosuo boys and girls around a big bonfire in the outdoors theatre.
Day 4 Lugu Lake-Lijiang
Sightseeing and Activities: Drive back to Lijiang
Drive back to Lijiang. Drop you off to your hotel in Lijiang. Serive ends.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Hotels as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.