Chuxiong City Culture
Chuxiong has made great effort to excavate Yi culture, build Yi cultural tourism boutique, use the Torch Festival in June of the lunar calendar, comprehensively introduce strange cultural customs to attract tourists experience the wonders and mysteries of the original ecological worship of “Tiger People”.
1.Ethnic Groups in Chuxiong City
In addition to the Han nationality, there are 26 ethnic minorities in Chuxiong, including Yi, Su, Miao, Hui, Dai, Bai, Hani, etc.
2. Ethnic Villages & Towns in Chuxiong City
• Majiazhuang Village of Lvhe Town in Chuxiong City, Chuxiong Prefecture (楚雄州楚雄市吕合镇中屯村委会马家庄村)
• Lvhe Village of Lvhe Town in Chuxiong City, Chuxiong Prefecture (楚雄州楚雄市吕合镇吕合村委会吕合村)
• Yikoukua Village of Ziwu Town in Chuxiong City, Chuxiong Prefecture (楚雄彝族自治州楚雄市子午镇以口夸村)
• Yiren Acient Town, Chuxiong Prefecture (楚雄彝人古镇)
3. Ethnic Festivals in Chuxiong City
Each ethnic minority in Yuanmou has their own unique festivals to celebrate such as Torch Festival of Yi Ethnic Minoritys(彝族火把节), Huashan Festival of Miao Ethnic Minority (苗族花山节) and Farm Cattle Festival of Yi Ethnic Minority (彝族耕牛节).