Dali Travel Tips
When you go to a new place, some useful information can make your journey more convenient and save your time. Yunnan Exploration provides the detailed information about Dali Travel Tips, which make your Dali Travel more convenient and interesting.
- Fire: 119
- Police: 110
- Traffic: 122
- Ambulance: 120
- Area Code: 0872
- Zip Code: 671000
- Weather Forecast: 121
- Consumer Complaint: 12315
- Tourist Complaint: 2670384
- Telephone Number Inquiry: 114
Best Time to Visit Dali
This subtropical highland monsoon climate makes Dali a popular destination which can be visited all year round with warm temperature, lots of sunshine and fresh air. It is most popular during winter months for those people who live in a cold region. March-June is the best time to visit Dali, especially in spring.
What to Pack in Dali
- Spring (March - May): When it comes to Dali, whether in the tourism publicity photo or in Jin Yong’s martial arts novels, you shall not miss the Three Pagodas and Chongsheng Monastery, Cangshan Mountain, Erhai Lake. When traveling to Dali in spring, remember to bring a thick coat, because it was still very cold at night.
- Summer (June - August): When traveling to Dali in summer, remember to bring an umbrella, because summer is the rainy season in Dali, and you should pay attention to sun protection when going out. The ultraviolet rays here are very strong.
- Autumn (September - November): When traveling to Dali in fall, remember to bring a jacket and sweater.
- Winter (December - February): Dali in winter is not cold. Even if it is only a few degrees, it is more comfortable than the northern parts of China. It is very warm to wear a sweater coat. When traveling to Dali in winter, remember to bring moisturizer, otherwise the skin will be chapped.
Important Travel Tips for Visiting Dali
How to Get to Dali
Dali Transportation, to some extent, is strongly linked to Dali Tours. As a famous tourist attraction in China, it has the best transport network compared with other sightseeing places in China. At present, the main transportation in Dali consists of airplane, trains, buses and so on. Therefore, it is very convenient to get to Dali by air, train, long-distance bus.
- How to Get to Shangri-La City from Dali
- How to Get to Dali Ancient Town from Kunming
- How to Get to Shaxi Old Town from Lijiang
- How to Get to Nuodeng Old Town from Lijiang
- How to Get to Nuodeng Old Town from Kunming
- How to Get to Dali City (Xiaguan Town) from Kunming
Dali Dining is as beautiful as the sceneries here. Especially, the dishes historically cooked by the Bai, the main ethnic group in Dali, should not be missed when you come to Dali. To some extent, Dali is a melting-pot for many different cultures. When you come to Dali, you can also eat some other dishes of Yunnan province. Whether in the small stalls, or in a restaurant with a strong Bai style, you can taste a lots of different and delicious food in Dali.
When you travel to Dali, you can not only enjoy the beautiful sceneries, taste the delicious food, but also have many specialties to take home. "Shopping" has become an indispensable part of Dali tourism content. If you want to buy something for friends and relatives, please go to the normal shops.
- Tie-dyeing in Dali
- Wood Carving in Jianchuan County, Dali
- Yi Embroidery in Jijie Town of Yangbi County
- Nuodeng Ham -Intangible Cultural Heritage
Where to Stay in Dali
Dali Accommodation will solve the problem-where to stay in Dali. Dali Accommodation and Hotels Booking introduces the recommended 5-star luxury hotels, comfortable, economic and cheap hostels in Dali. As a tourist resort, you can always find the most suitable hotel for you in Dali.
Matters need attention
- Try not to take a bath.
- Prepare some disposable toilet seats.
- Wash your hands after using the remote control.
- It is best not to wear plastic slippers provided by the hotel.
- Before using the water glass, use the boiling water to disinfect.
- Although the hotel's bed sheet is replaced every day, it is best to prepare a set of comfortable pajamas.
- Best Accommodations List in Dali
- The Best Dali Hotels Rated on TripAdvisor
- The Best Luxury 5-Star Hotels in Dali
- The Best Comfortable 4-Star Hotels in Dali
- The Best Budget 3-Star Hotels in Dali
- The Best Boutique Hotels and Inns in Dali
- The Most Popular Hotels in Dali
- Economic and Clean Hotels in Dali
- Hotels in Dali Catering to Foreign Travelers the Most
Things to Do in Dali
When you come to Dali, do not worry what to do in Dali. Dali Attractions are abundant and are full of all kinds, including all kinds of natural sceneries, human sceneries and all kinds of villages where you can experience the rich ethnic culture. The scenery of Dali is a picture of “Wind, Flower, Snow, Moon”. You can go boating in Erhai Lake and feel the boundless of the heaven and earth; visit the holy land of Jizu Mountain to listen to the croon of the Sanskrit, and see the light of the Buddha. Under the setting sun, feel the elegance of Dali. And pursue the modern prosperity at the beautiful night.
Top Attractions in Dali
- Erhai Lake
- Cangshan Mountain, Dali
- Three Pagodas and Chongsheng Monastery
- Shaxi Old Town
- Dali Ancient Town
- Xizhou Old Town
- Weishan Ancient Town
- Nuodeng Old Town in Yunlong County
- Jinhua Old Town in Jianchuan County, Dali
- Butterfly Spring in Dali City
- Jizu Mountain in Binchuan County
- Shibao Mountain in Jianchuan County
Matters need attention
- Take care of your luggage and important things, such as passport and visa.
- Check out the weather report before your travel. Do not go sightseeing in bad weather.
- Respect and follow local custom and avoid conflicts.
- Tour Routes of Weishan County
- Tour Routes in Nanjian County
- Top 8 Ancient Ethnic Villages
- Birding Travel Tips and Birding Places
- Cycling Travel Tips around Erhai Lake
- Hiking Tour Tips for Shaxi
- Hiking Tour Tips for Jizushan Mountain
Banks in Dali
- China Construction Bank(Dali Mangyong Sub-branch)(中国建设银行(大理茫涌支行))
Add: No. 49 North Renmin Road, Xiaguan, Dali City(大理市下关人民北路49号)
- ICBC(Xiaohuayuan Sub-branch)(中国工商银行(小花园支行))
Add: No. 37 East Jianshe Road, Dali City(大理市建设东路37号)
- Agricultural Bank of China(Dali Ancient Town Sub-branch)(中国农业银行(大理古城支行))
Add: No. 427 Fuxing Road, Dali Ancient Town, Dali City(大理市大理古城复兴路427号)
- Bank of China(中国银行)
Add: No. 68 North Renmin Road, Dali City(大理市人民北路68号)
- Bank of China(Nanzhao Sub-branch)(中国银行(南诏支行))
Add: No. 333 Fuxing Road, Dali Ancient Town(大理古城复兴路333号)
- ICBC(Dali Ancient Town Sub-branch)(中国工商银行(大理古城支行))
Add: No. 304 Fuxing Road, Dali City(大理市复兴路304号)
Expresses and Post Offices in Dali
- China Post(Business Office in Fuxing Road)(中国邮政(复兴路营业室))
Add: No. 341 Fuxing Road, Dali City(大理市复兴路341号)
- China Post(Dali Prefecture Post Office)(中国邮政(大理州邮政局))
Add: No. 259 Weishan Road(巍山路259)
- China Post(Post Office in East Cangshan Road)(中国邮政(苍山东路邮政所))
Add: No. 139 East Cangshan Road, Dali City(大理市苍山东路139号)
- YunDa Express(Branch in Longxi Road)(韵达快递(龙溪路分部))
Add: No. 8 Yucui Alley, Dali City, Dali Bai Autonomous Prefecture(大理白族自治州大理市玉翠巷8号)
- ZTO Express(Chengbei Business Department)(中通快递(城北营业部))
Add: No. 101 Yuxiang Road, Dali City, Dali Bai Autonomous Prefecture(大理白族自治州大理市榆祥路101号)
- SF Express(顺丰速运)
Add: No. 116 Nanmen New Village, No. 214 National Highway, Dali City(大理市214国道南门新村116号)
Hospitals in Dali
- Dali City No. 1 People's Hospital(Taian Road)(大理市第一人民医院(泰安路))
Add: No. 36 Taian Road, Dali City, Dali Bai Autonomous Prefecture(大理白族自治州大理市泰安路36号)
- Dali Bai Autonomous Prefecture People's Hospital(大理白族自治州人民医院)
Add: No. 35 South Renmin Road, Dali City, Yunnan Province(云南省大理市人民南路35号)
- Dali City No. 2 People's Hospital(大理市第二人民医院)
Add: No. 580 Fuxing Road, Dali City, Dali Bai Autonomous Prefecture(大理白族自治州大理市复兴路580号)
- No. 1 Affiliated Hospital to Dali University (大理大学第一附属医院)
Add: No. 32 Carlsberg Avenue, Dali City, Dali Bai Autonomous Prefecture(大理白族自治州大理市嘉士伯大道32号)
- Dali City Hospital of Traditional Chinese Medicine(大理市中医医院)
Add: No. 52 Xinmin Street, Dali City, Dali Bai Autonomous Prefecture(大理白族自治州大理市新民街52号)
- Dali Prefecture No. 2 People's Hospital(大理州第二人民医院)
Add: Hongshan Road, Dali City, Dali Bai Autonomous Prefecture(大理白族自治州大理市红山路)
Dali Things to Do and Attractions
When you come to Dali, do not worry what to do in Dali. Dali Attractions are abundant and are full of all kinds, including all kinds of natural sceneries,...
Dali Useful Numbers
Dali Useful Telephone Numbers introduce numbers of police, fire, ambulance, travel service, time check, weather information, post code check, embassy and consulates, taxi dispatch, airport, railway stations, bus stations,...
Top Family and Kids Friendly Attractions in Dali
Top Family and Kids Friendly Attractions in Dali...
Dali to Tiger Leaping Gorge Transportation
This article is about the transportation between Dali and Tiger Leaping Gorge. Dali City, formerly known as Tali, is the county-level seat of the Dali Bai Autonomous Prefecture in...
Best time to visit Dali
When are the best times to visit Dali in spring, summer or autumn or winter? The best seasons to visit Dali are spring and autumn, when the weather is...
Dali Weather in August
Dali Weather and Climate in August When you travel to Dali, August of Dali is cool at night and a little hot at daytime. The range of temperature is...
Dali Weather in September
Dali Weather and Climate in September When you travel to Dali, there is a chill in Dali weather in September, cool at night yet warm at daytime. In September...
Dali Weather in October
Dali Weather and Climate in October When you travel to Dali, Dali weather in October is warm during daytime but a little cold at night. With average temperature varying from...
Dali Weather in November
Dali Weather and Climate in November When you travel to Dali, Dali weather in November is much warmer compared with many other tour destinations in China, Dali weather in...
Dali Weather in December
Dali Weather and Climate in December In December, when you travel to Dali, the weather is the coldest and driest of the whole year. The highest temperature remains around...