Tiger Leaping Gorge Transportation
Tiger Leaping Gorge Transportation Guide serves you detailed information and introduces ways of getting to & around Tiger Leaping Gorge in Yunnan Province. Tiger Leaping Gorge is located between Haba Snow Mountain in Shangri-La and Jade Dragon Snow Mountain in Lijiang, at a maximum depth of approximately 3,790 meters from river to mountain peak. The transport in Tiger Leaping Gorge includes bus, car rental, bicycle, etc.
How to Get to Tiger Leaping Gorge
Lijiang has two daily buses to Hutiaoxia Town, at 08:00 and 08:30, and the fare is about 20 yuan.
The buses depart from Lijiang Ancient Town for the Middle Section of Tiger Leaping Gorge via Hutiaoxia Town(虎跳峡镇) and the upper section. Hikers can get off the bus at park lot in the Upper Section of the Tiger Leaping Gorge. The buses depart from Tina’s at 3:00 pm for Lijiang with the fee for 50 RMB per person.
Daju-Tiger Leaping Gorge: Travelers can take a bus from Lijiang to Daju at 7:30 or 13:30 with the price for 26 RMB, then walk towards to the ferries by Jinsha River, across the river by boat, there you arrive at the lower section of Tiger Leaping Gorge.
You can choose car sharing or chartered car to the Tiger Leaping Gorge from Lijiang. The fare range of car sharing is 35-50 yuan per person and the fare of chartered car varies between 150-300 yuan depending on the vehicle model.
For many bike enthusiasts, riding a bike from Lijiang to the park pot in the Tiger Leaping Gorge would be a good option. You can stay at locals’ home for the night and catch the view of the upper section in Lijiang on the second day, then back to the Tiger Leaping Gorge Town and move towards the upper section in Shangri-La or the Middle Section of Tiger Leaping Gorge.
Taking a shuttle car from Shangri-La to the Tiger Leaping Gorge in Shangri-La costs 30-50 RMB. Travelers can firstly take a bus to Hutiaoxia Town(虎跳峡镇) and then transfer to the Upper Section of Tiger Leaping Gorge in Shangri-La by car rental at the cost of 60 RMB.
There is a bus departing from Zhongxia International Youth Hostel(中峡国际青年旅舍) at 8:00 am in Shangri-La for Tina’s Guest House(中峡客栈) via Hutiaoxia Town(虎跳峡镇) with the fee for 50 RMB per person. Hikers can get off the bus at the park lot in the Upper Section of the Tiger Leaping Gorge. The buses depart from Tina’s at 3:00pm for Shangri-La with the fee for 50 RMB per person.
Because of the remote location of Tiger Leaping Gorge and surrounded by rugged mountains, road condition there can be really complicated and experienced drivers are definitely required. Yunnan Exploration can provide the experienced drivers who are familiar with local road condition and English-speaking tour guides.
- Dali to Tiger Leaping Gorge Transportation
- Lijiang to Tiger Leaping Gorge Transportation
- Tiger Leaping Gorge – Niru Village Transportation: By Bus & Car-rental
- How to Travel to Tiger Leaping Gorge from Kunming
- How to Get to The Upper Section of Tiger Leaping Gorge (Lijiang Side) from Lijiang
- How to Get to Tiger Leaping Gorge from Shangri-la
- Public Bus Tickets Booking from Tiger Leaping Gorge to Shangrila
- Shuttle Bus Tickets Booking from Lijiang to Qiaotou Town and Middle Tiger Leaping Gorge
How to Get Around Tiger Leaping Gorge
Upper Section of Tiger Leaping Gorge
The Upper Section of Tiger Leaping Gorge is well-developed with nearly 3.5 km of walkway and a preferred spot for most visitors. Because the road is simple and easy to travel, the distance is relatively near, and the difficulty is low. Some people call jokingly the Upper Tiger Leaping Gorge as the “center of the elderly activity”
Middle Section of Tiger Leaping Gorge
Hike downhill from Teacher Zhang’s Guesthouse, then you need to hike about 1~2 hours to the bottom of the Middle Tiger Leaping Gorge. There are two famous high ladders connecting upper place to lower place because of no available road. Get down to the river side, you will see the Jinsha River shrinks in a narrow valley.
Lower Section of Tiger Leaping Gorge
Hiking across the “Huashiban landslide”(滑石板) which is a landslide in the Middle Section of Tiger Leaping Gorge, you will find the Lower Section of Tiger Leaping Gorge. There is a 1 km (0.621 miles) deep gully lying at the Lower Section of Tiger Leaping Gorge, which is the best place for enjoying the sight of the whole gorge. there are two ferries in the section-New ferry and Old ferry, a vital place wherever you head to. Xincun Village lies in its north and Daju Village lies in its south.
The Recommended Tours:
- 1 Day Tiger Leaping Gorge Trekking Group Tour from Bendiwan Village to Middle Gorge
- 1 Day The Upper Tiger Leaping Gorge Tour
- 1 Day Middle Tiger Leaping Gorge Trekking Tour from Tina’s Hotel to The Middle Rapid and Hetaoyuan Village
- 1 Day Lijiang to Shangri-la Tour with The First Bend of Yangtze River and Tiger Leaping Gorge
- 2 Days Tiger Leaping Gorge Trekking Tour with Daju Town and Jade Dragon Snow Mountain
- 2 Days Tiger Leaping Gorge Hiking Small Group Tour (Public Bus)
- 3 Days Lijiang and Shangri-La Small Group Tour from Lijiang
Tiger Leaping Gorge is believed to be the deepest gorge in the world. From the top of the gorge you look down the steeply angled (70-90 degrees) mountain sides to the rushing Jinsha River with its 18 frothing rapids more than 200 meters (about 700 feet) below. It is the best place to raft. Of course, visitors can enjoy the sceneries on both sides of Tiger Leaping Gorge.
The Recommended Tours:
- 1 Day Tiger Leaping Gorge Rafting Tour
- 3 Days The First Bend of Yangtze River Rafting and Tiger Leaping Gorge Tour
- 7 Days the Upper Yangtze River Rafting Tour from Deqin to Lijiang