Wenshan Transportation gains rapid and sound development in recent years. Visitors can get to/away from Wenshan by air, by train and by long-distance bus. Lying in the southeast of Yunnan Province, Wenshan Zhuang and Miao Autonomous Prefecture neighbors Baise in the Guangxi Province. It is bounded on the south by Burma. Wenshan City, the government seat of the prefecture, is about 310 kilometers (193 miles) from Kunming. It is convenient for travelers to transfer to Kunming or other place.
How to Get to/away from Wenshan
Visitors can get to/away from Wenshan by air, by train and by long-distance bus. However, the flights operated by Wenshan Puzhehei Airport are unregular ones, therefore, it will be more convenient for travelers to arrive in Kunming first and then transfer to Wenshan and other regional places.
Wenshan Puzhehei Airport (文山普者黑机场)is a civil airport in Yanshan County(砚山县) of Wenshan Prefecture, Yunnan Province, China. It is 9 kilometers from the county seat of Yanshan County, 23 kilometers from Wenshan City(the government seat of Wenshan Prefecture). At present, it has flights to Kunming, Nanning and connecting flight to Guangzhou through Nanning.
- Wenshan – Nanning Flights
- Wenshan – Shenzhen Flights
- Kunming – Wenshan Flights
- Chengdu – Wenshan Flights
- Chongqing – Wenshan Flights
At present, there are four railway stations in operation in Wenshan, namely Guangnan Railway Station, Puzhehei Railway Station, Funing Railway Station and Zhulin Railway Station. Travelers can take high speed trains at the above railway stations to Kunming, Dali, Guilin and Guangzhou.
High Speed Trains to and from Wenshan
Highways are the major means of transportation in Wenshan Region, with Wenshan City as the transportation center. There are two major long-distance bus stations in Wenshan City: Beiqiao Bus Station(北桥客运站) and North Bus Station (城北客运站), offering buses to Nanning, Yulin, Baise in Guangxi, Xingyi in Guizhou, and to Kaiyuan, Gejiu, Mengzi, Pingbian and Hekou in Honghe Region.
- S23 Pingyuan - Wenshan Expressway
- Mengzi – Wenshan – Yanshan Expressway
- Tianbao - Houqiao Expressway
- Wenshan Bus Station
- Kunming-Wenshan Transportation
- Kunming to Wenshan: By Air, Train & Bus
- Kunming – Guangnan Tour by High Speed Train
- Kunming – Funing County Tour by High Speed Train
- How to Get to Malipo County from Kunming
- How to Get to Maguan County from Kunming
- How to Get to Guangnan County from Kunming
- How to Get to Funing County from Kunming
- How to Get to Qiubei County from Kunming
- How to Get to Puzhehei from Kunming
- How to Get to Yanshan County from Kunming
- How to Get to Xichou County from Kunming
- How to Get to Bamei Village from Luoping County
How to Get Around Wenshan
By City Bus
There are 9 bus lines availabe in Wenshan City, charging at 1 or 2 yuan/person. Most of the bus lines operate from 6:00 or 7:00 to 19:00, at an interval of 10 minutes, 30 minutes or one hour.
By Taxi or DiDi
The starting price of taxis in Wenshan city is 5 yuan during the day, 7 yuan after 22:00 at night, and the fuel surcharge is 2 yuan. However, some Wenshan taxi drivers sometimes don't use the caculator and they will tell you the price directly. It is suggested to ask clearly about the price before getting on the car.
DiDi Car-hailing service is also available in Tengchong. Just download a DiDi App, then just input the address where you wanna go and where you're in, and submit the order, the driver who take the order will pick you up to your destination.
Shared bikes are available in Wenshan City, tourists can download the Alipay APP, scan the DR code and the bike is ready for use. Shared eletric bike is also availabel in Yanshan County.
By Private Car Rental
Renting a car to travel around Wenshan is more comfortable and convenient but with more expense. If you need to rent a car, Yunnan Exploration provides this service, please call us or send us an email. We're confident that our experienced and skilled driver and good-condition vehicle will leave you a deep impression.
Photo Number: +86-0871-63511469
Email Address: contact@YunnanExploration.com
By Suburban Bus
If want to tour around the countryside of Wenshan, such as Bamei Village, Puzhehei Scenic Area and other traditional ethnci villages in Wenshan, you can take the buses to those places at Nanqiao Bus Station (文山南桥客运站) and Beiqiao Bus Station. There are daily buses going to Yanshan, Guangnan and other parts in the Wenshan Region, but no buses going out of the Region. Almost all buses of the two Passenger Transportation Stations are installed with air-conditioners, and are in good conditions. Of course, the best choice would be joining us Yunnan Exploration for Wenshan theme tours, contact us and we will provide you worry-free itineraries.
Nanqiao Bus Station
Address: Nanqiao Road, Wenshan
- How to Get to Malipo County from Wenshan City
- How to Get to Maguan County from Wenshan City
- How to Get to Guangnan County from Wenshan City
- How to Get to Funing County from Wenshan City
- How to Get to Bamei Village from Wenshan City
- How to Get to Bamei Village from Guangnan County
- How to Get to Qiubei County from Wenshan City
- How to Get to Puzhehei from Wenshan City
- How to Get to Puzhehei from Qiubei County
- How to Get to Yanshan County from Wenshan City
- Airlines in Yunnan
- Flights to Yunnan
- Airport Transfer
- International Flights to Yunnan
- Airports in Yunnan
- High-speed Rail in Yunnan
- Railway Stations in Yunnan
- Railways in Yunnan
- Trains to Yunnan
- Trans Asia Railway
- Metro in Yunnan
- Bridges in Yunnan
- Freeways in Yunnan
- Highways in Yunnan
- Roads to Yunnan
- Trans-Asia Roads
- National Roads in Yunnan
- Baoshan Transportation
- Chuxiong Transportation
- Kunming Transportation
- Dehong Transportation
- Diqing Transportation
- Honghe Transportation
- Lijiang Transportation
- Lincang Transportation
- Nujiang Transportation
- Pu'er Transportation
- Qujing Transportation
- Tengchong Transportation
- Dali Transportation
- Yuxi Transportation
- Zhaotong Transportation