Wenshan Travel Tips
This page offers some useful Wenshan Travel Tips for you to get a better travel experience. Located in the southeast of Yunnan Province, Wenshan offers many highlights such as Puzhehei Lotus Lake, with a panoramic view of clear lakes and pond full of lotus, emerald mountains and enchanting karst landscape. For a better travel experience, it's necessary to read the information below. Wenshan travel tips will also contribute to your Yunnan Travel.
|Phone Dialing Code||0876|
|Wenshan Tourism Bureau||0876-2155142|
|Wenshan Security Bureau||0876-2180078|
|Wenshan Road Transport Bureau||0876-2152169|
|Wenshan Weather Burea||0876-2181484|
Best Time to Visit Wenshan
Wenshan has clear dry and humid seasons. May to October is the rainy season gathering over eighty percent of Wenshan's rainfall throughout the year. Most of the region has a favorable climate without winter chilliness and summer heat. Average temperatures in January and July are respectively 6.5-13.5C (43.7-56.3F) and 17-28.5C (62.6-83.3F). Based on the tourism score, the best times of year to visit Wenshan City for warm-weather activities are from late March to mid May and from late September to mid October, but it rains a lot, you should take the umbrella and coats, as well as sunblocks.
Wenshan Dressing Tips
Wenshan enjoys a subtropical plateau monsoon climate with an annual average temperature of 16.4℃, the highest temperature in summer (June-September) does not exceed 30℃, and the lowest temperature in winter (December-March) can reach below zero. There is abundant rainfall, with an annual average rainfall of 1206.8mm, long sunshine duration and a great temperature difference between day and night, which can reach more than 10℃.
- Wet Season: The warm and wet season lasts for 5.6 months, from late March to early September, with an average daily high temperature above 77°F. At this time, the daytime temperature is high and the long-time sunshine. Only cool short-sleeved clothes and trousers are needed, but you must also bring sunclocks. The temperature difference between day and night is large in summer, so it is necessary to pack a coat. Rain gears are necessary in this season.
- Dry Season: The cool and dry season lasts for 2.3 months, from November 28 to February 8, with an average daily high temperature below 65°F. Dry season enjoy most of the sunny days in the year around. It is the low season for tourism, if you travel to Wenshan at that time, pack thick clothes like sweater, jacket and down coat, etc.
How to Get to/around Wenshan
Visitors can get to/away from Wenshan by air, by train and by long-distance bus. Wenshan Puzhehei Airport (文山普者黑机场) is a civil airport in Yanshan County(砚山县) of Wenshan Prefecture. At present, it has flights to Kunming, Nanning and connecting flight to Guangzhou through Nanning. For Wenshan trains, there are four railway stations in operation in Wenshan, namely Guangnan Railway Station, Puzhehei Railway Station, Funing Railway Station and Zhulin Railway Station. Travelers can take high speed trains at the above railway stations to Kunming, Dali, Guilin and Guangzhou. Highways are the major means of transportation in Wenshan Region, with Wenshan City as the transportation center. There are two major long-distance bus stations in Wenshan City: Beiqiao Bus Station(北桥客运站) and North Bus Station (城北客运站), offering buses to Nanning, Yulin, Baise in Guangxi, Xingyi in Guizhou, and to Kaiyuan, Gejiu, Mengzi, Pingbian and Hekou in Honghe Region.
More about Wenshan Transportation
What and Where to Eat in Wenshan
Rich natural resource provide various food material for people in Wenshan, contributing to the diverse food culture. Food consist of the wisdom of local people. Wenshan people take advantage of the local production to make healthy and excellent in color, aroma and taste. Famous dishes and snacks in Wenshan including Lotus Feast, Broiled Bean Curd and Steam Pot Chicken with Sanqi, etc.
More about Wenshan Dining
Where to Stay in Wenshan
Wenshan accomodation has wide range of choices of hotels. Traveling in Wenshan and surrounding areas, you can easily find many hotels. But how to choose a good one is becoming a question especially for tourists abroad. In order to avoid this situation, here we selected the most comfortable and best valued hotels for you, such as Huaxi Hotel in Wenshan,Yunshuiju Inn,Yabei Bontique Hotel and Xiyuan Holiday Hotel in Puzhehei and Shiwai Taoyuan Hotel in Guangnan.
More about Wenshan Accommodation
Things to Do in Wenshan
Traveling to Wenshan of Yunnan Province, you shouldn't miss the tour to Puzheihei Scenic Area, Babao Scenic Area and Bamei Village, which will feast your eyes with impressive karst landscape and pleasant countryside scenery. Hiking tours to Loajun Mountian is recommended to trekking lovers. Minority dicovery tours such as 3 Days Yi Ethnic Minority’s Hualian Festival Tour Held in Puzhehei is selected for you to explore the local folk customs. Tangna Cave in Bamei Village of Babao Scenic Area and Fengyandong Cave in Guangnan County as well as Dawangyan Cliff Painting and The Site of Paleolithic Period of Xianrendong are recommended if you are a fan of local geography and history.
Other Useful Information
Hospitals in Wenshan
- Wenshan People' s Hospital 文山州人民医院
Address: No. 55, Nanqiao Road, Kaihua Town, Wenshan 文山市开化镇南桥路55号
- Wenshan Maternal and Child Health Care Hospital 文山州妇幼保健院
Address: No.88 Xihou Street, Wenshan
- Wenshan City People' s Hospital 文山市人民医院
Address: Opposite the Municipal Administrative Center on Fenghuang Road 凤凰路市行政中心对面
- Wenshan People' s Hospital 文山州中医医院
Address: Zhenxing Road, Wenshan City 文山市振兴路
Post Office and Expresses
- Tengchong City Post Office (文山州邮政局)
Add: No. 62, Puyang Road, Wenshan City 普阳路62号
- SF Express
Add: Wolong Community, Wenshan City文山市卧龙社区
- ZT Express
Add: No. 425, Jianshe Road, Wenshan City文山市建设路425号
Banks in Wenshan
- Bank of China (Wenshan Branch)
Add: No.138, Kaihua Road (Middle), Kaihua Town, Wenshan City文山市开化镇开化中路138号
- Bank of China (Qihua Square Branch)
Add: No.-1, Runze Building, Kaihua North Road, Kaihua Town, Wenshan City 文山市开化镇开化北路润泽大厦附1号
- Bank of China (Qidu Branch)
Add: 1 st Floor, Block C, Sanqi Trading Center, Kaihua South Road, Wenshan City文山市开化南路三七交易中心C区一楼
- Take care of your luggage and important things, such as passport and visa.
- Check out the weather report before your travel. Do not go sightseeing in bad weather.
- Respect and follow local custom and avoid conflicts.
- Best Places to Visit in Wenshan Prefeture
- The Best Time to Visit Wenshan
- Top 10 Wenshan Tourist Attractions and Things To Do Rated on TripAdvisor
Regional Travel Tips
- Qiubei County Travel Tips
- Wenshan City Travel Tips
- Puzhehei Travel Tips
- Guangnan County Travel Tips
- Yanshan County Travel Tips
- Xichou County Travel Tips
- Maguan County Travel Tips
- Malipo County Travel Tips
- Babao Town Travel Tips