Zhenyuan County Overview
1. Basic Information of Zhenyuan County
- Chinese Name: 镇沅县
- Area: 4,136.81square kilometers
- Population: 208,600(2010)
- Zip code: 666500
- Dialing code: (+86) 0879
2. Where is Zhenyuan County
Zhenyuan Yi, Hani and Lahu Autonomous County (镇沅彝族哈尼族拉祜族自治县) is located in the southwest of Yunnan Province, north of Pu'er City, between 100°21' to 101°31' east longitude and 23°24' to 24°22' north latitude. It is connected to Xinping Yuxi in the east and Mojiang Puer in the southeast. It faces Lincang across Lancang River in the west. It borders on Jinggu County in the south and Jingdong County and Shuangbai County Chuxiong in the north. The total area of Zhenyuan County is 4136.81 square kilometers.
3. Administrative Divisions of Zhenyuan County
- Zhenyuan Yi, Hani and Lahu Autonomous County (镇沅彝族哈尼族拉祜族自治县) has jurisdiction over 4 towns, and 5 township. The seat of Zhenyuan County is Enle Town.
- 4 Towns: Enle Town(恩乐镇),Anban Town (按板镇), Mengda Town (勐大镇), Zhedong Town(者东镇)
- 5 Townships: Tianba Township(田坝乡), Gucheng Township(古城乡), Zhentai Township(振太乡), Jiujia Township (九甲乡), Heping Township (和平乡)
4. Ethnic People of Zhenyuan County
As of the end of 2010, Zhenyuan Yi, Hani and Lahu Autonomous County is home to Han, Dai, Hani, Lahu, Hui and Bai ethnic groups.
5. Climate and Weather of Zhenyuan County
The climate in Zhenyuan is warm and temperate. The winters are rainier than the summers in Zhenyuan. The temperature here averages 21.2 °C.
6. Best Time to Visit Zhenyuan County
It is suitable to visit Zhenyuan County all year round. Like many other cities in Yunnan, Zhenyuan is a place where the seasons are like spring. There is no cold, no heat, warm and humid, especially suitable for human habitation, so you can go to Zhenyuan at any time.
7. What to Do in Zhenyuan County
Within the territory, there are several scenic plots such as Feilai Temple(飞来寺), Boliehe Resort(玻烈河景区), Jinshan Forests(金山原始森林), AilaoTown(哀牢小镇), Xieqipo Park(歇气坡公园) and so on.
8. How to Get to Zhenyuan County
Zhenyuan County can be accessible by long-distance bus. There is a Passenger Transport Bus Station in Zhenyuan County. Tourists can take long-distance buses to Zhenyuan from Kunming, Jingdong, Jinggu, Simao, etc.
9. History of Zhenyuan County
Before 109 BC, the present Zhenyuan Countywas in the territory of the Ancient Dai Country “Mengdaguang(勐达光)(”Ailao Country” in Chinese).