3 Days Tiger Leaping Gorge Hiking Tour
Tiger Leaping Gorge in China is believed to be the deepest gorges on the planet, the mountains on either side of the gorge reach over 5000m at the highest...
Code of Tour: YET0000029998
Length of Travel: 3 Day
Destinations of Tour: Lijiang-Shigu - Qiaotou-Nuoyu Village-Bendiwan Village-Middle Tiger Leaping Gorge-Yixiantian-Hetaoyuan Village-Xincun Village-Haba Village-Baishuitai-Shangri-La or Lijiang
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour:
Features of Tour: Hiking
Tiger Leaping Gorge in China is believed to be the deepest gorges on the planet, the mountains on either side of the gorge reach over 5000m at the highest point, looking down to the Yangzi River running through it below. The dramaptic scenery and relaxed hike along the high path through the rural villages of the Naxi Minority people make this a very enjoyable travel adventure to have in China!
- Hike along Tiger Leaping Gorge, as well as feel the grotesque and raging rapids of the magnificent gorge.
- Explore a hidden land of paradise on earth-Shangri-la.
- Step into the ethnic village and experience the unique minority culture and mysterious atmosphere.
Day 1 Lijiang-Tea Horse Guesthouse
Day 2 Nuoyu Village-Hetaoyuan Village
Day 3 Hetaoyuan Village-Lower Tiger Leaping Gorge-Lijiang or Shangr-La
Day 1 Lijiang-Shigu-Qiaotou-Naxi Family-Nuoyu Village-Tea Horse Guesthouse
Sightseeing and Activities:Lijiang-Shigu-Qiaotou-Naxi Family-Nuoyu Village-Tea Horse Guesthouse
Accommodation: Tea Horse Guesthouse in Yachaguo Village
Drive 2 hours from Lijiang to Qiaotou Town,enjoy the upper Yangtze River Valley on the way.
Start the hiking from Qiaotou Elementary School, arrive at Naxi Family Guesthouse in Zhongnuoyu Village(2hours hiking) and have lunch there.
After lunch, continue the hiking to the 28 Zigzag Turns trail(2hours hiking),finish the trekking of the 28 turns, you will have a wonderfull view of the Tiger Leaping Gorge and Jade Dragon Snow Mountain from a far.
Trek 1 hour to Nuoyu Village.
Day 2 Nuoyu Village-Bendiwan Village-Middle Tiger Leaping Gorge-Yixiantian-Hetaoyuan Village
Sightseeing and Activities:Nuoyu Village-Bendiwan Village-Middle Tiger Leaping Gorge-Yixiantian-Hetaoyuan Village
Accommodation:Saens Spring Guesthouse in Hetaoyuan Village
Enjoy the sunrise view of the Tiger Leaping Gorge from the hotel.
After breakfast, trek 1.5 hours to Bendiwan Village and take a break at Halfway Hostel where you will have a nice view of Jade Dragon Snow Mountain.
Trek along the small trail on the cliff, visit Guanyin Temple and Guanyi Waterfall on the way(1.5 hours).
Arrive in the Bamboo Forest, trek down to Tins’s Hostel in the Middle Tiger Leaping Gorge(1 hour).
After lunch in Tin’as Hostel, continue the hiking down to the Middle Rapids(2 hour) which is the narrowest part of Tiger Leaping Gorge.
Trek along the Yangtze River from the Middle Rapids to Hetaoyuan Village and stay at Saen’s Hostel.
Day 3 Hetaoyuan Village-Lower Tiger Leaping Gorge-Xincun Village-Haba Village-Baishuitai-Lijiang or Shangr-La
Sightseeing and Activities:Hetaoyuan Village-Lower Tiger Leaping Gorge-Xincun Village-Haba Village-Baishuitai-Lijiang or Shangr-La
Hetaoyuan Village-Lower Tiger Leaping Gorge–Xincun Village–Haba Village–Baishuitai-Lijiang or Shangr-La
Finish 3 Days Tiger Leaping Gorge Hiking Tour in Haba Village located at the foot of Haba Snow Mountain.
Drive from Haba Village to visit Baishuitai Terraces, transfer to Lijiang or Shangri-La after Baishuitai.
|Destination||5 Star||4 Star||3 Star||Hostels|
|Tiger Leaping Gorge||/||/||/||Tiger Leaping Gorge Halfway Hostel|
|Shangri-La||Shangeri-La Hotel||Wonder Land Hotel||Deyang Mansion Hotel||Shanger-La Fanshe Hoatel|
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Hotels as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels;
- Domestic train tickets of soft sleeper.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.
- Take some lightweight clothes with you and wear comfortable walking shoes for tired trekking and overnight staying at Tiger Leaping Gorge. If possible, knee pads are necessary to avoid any bump.
- If trekking in winter or rainy season, the windbreaker, gloves, antiskid shoes and waterproof coat will be needed in case of temperature drop and get wet in the rain.
- If you are easy to be hungry and tired during the trekking, bring some high caloric snacks with you, such as chocolate and beef jerky. If not, you can buy food at local guesthouses along the route. Our tour guide will provide you two bottles of water for each person every day. But we suggest you to bring more by yourself.
- For the strong ultraviolet ray there, we suggest you to wear sun bonnet or take sunsceern with you.
- Do not trek too fast, because the Tiger Leaping Gorge is located at high altitude area, or altitude sickness may happen to you.