4 Days Best Kunming City Tour with The Stone Forest
Kunming is the capital of Yunnan province in China, which also is a world well-known tourism city. People called it “spring city” and “flower city” because of the whole...
Code of Tour: YET0000003571
Length of Travel: 4 Day
Destinations of Tour: Kunming-Western Hills- Dianchi Lake-The Stone Forest-Kunming
Departure City: Kunming
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour:
Features of Tour: Nature History Landscape
Kunming is the capital of Yunnan province in China, which also is a world well-known tourism city. People called it “spring city” and “flower city” because of the whole year’s weather is adorable which warm as spring season and the flower bloom all year around. The places you must visit in Kunming are Stone Forest, Jiuxiang Caves, Dragon Gate and so on.
- Enjoy Stunning Natural Scenery of Kunming, such as Dian Lake, Western Hill and Stone Forest.
- Explore ethnic minority in Kunming to experience unique architecture and special ethnic culture.
- Day 1: Kunming Arrival
- Day 2: Kunming-Stone Forest-Kunming
- Day 3: Kunming
- Day 4: Kunming Departure
Day 1 Arrive in Kunming
Sightseeing and Activities: Arrive in Kunming
Arrive in Kunming, be picked up by the local guide from Kunming head to hotel for check in. Overnight at Kunming for 3 nights.
Day 2 Kunming-Jiuxiang-Stone Forest-Kunming
Sightseeing and Activities:Jiuxiang Cave, Stone Forest
Meals: Breakfast and Lunch
In the morning, drive 1.5-2 hrs to visit Jiuxiang Cave which is located 90km far from Kunming Known as the “museum of karst caves”. Jiuxiang boasts more than 100 karst caves and is the largest cave group system in China. The cave formations are very varied and the rivers, waterfalls, and natural rock bridges are very enchanting.
After thrt, you will continue the drive of 30km to visit Stone Forest. An old local saying says that ‘If you have visited Kunming without seeing the Stone Forest, you have wasted your time.’ Truly, the Stone Forest is one of the most important attractions of Yunnan. Then transfer back to your hotel in Kunming city (1.5-2hrs ).
Day 3 Kunming
Sightseeing and Activities:the Golden Temple, Western Hill, Yuantong Temple, the Green Lake, the Flowers and Birds Market
Meals: Breakfast and Lunch
Morning transfer to visit Golden Temple, which is located at the top of Phoenix Song Mountain, about 11km from Kunming. The roof of the Daoist temple is made from copper and in the sunlight it glistens like gold. Inside the temple there are Buddhist statues, inscribed boards, beams, pillars, well-screens and other decorations, which are all made of bronze.
Later, have a tour of the Western Hills and Dragon Gate, 15 kilometers from Kunming downtown, which are actually a range consisting of four mountains: Biji, Luohan, Huating, and Taiping. Viewed from a distance, the skyline of the Western Hills’ forest reserve resembles a beautiful maiden reclining leisurely alongside of Dianchi Lake with her long hair drifting casually in the mirror-like water. Go through the Dragon Gate, the steepest spot in the Western Hills and well worth climbing up the winding old stone stairs because the view is spectacular.
Afterward, head to Yuantong Temple. Located in the north of Kunming, this large Buddhist temple was built over 1,000 years ago when Yunnan was part of the Nanzhao kingdom and independent from next door Tang dynasty China. The temple complex and gardens are grouped around the Octagonal Pavilion at the center of a large square pond linked by bridges and walkways. Later have a nice walk in Green Lake Park, one of the most picturesque parks in downtown Kunming. In November and December every winter, huge flocks of red-beaked gulls migrate here from Siberia. Around the park, there are also many excellent bars and restaurants. Since the park is the only one that stays open until 10 PM, it is an ideal place for enjoying some Kunming nightlife. Of course, at any other time, the park is always worth a stroll. Finally stroll around the Flowers & Birds Market.
Day 4 Departure from Kunming
Sightseeing and Activities:Departure from Kunming
Pick up from hotel and move to airport for the departure flight. Service ends.
|Destination||5 Star||4 Star||3 Star||Hostels|
|Kunming||Kunming Junle Hotel||Kunming Jingjiang Hotel||Longteng Hotel||Kuning Yijia Hotel|
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Hotels as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.
- Visitors are advised to always carry changes of clothing due to the large variations in temperature between day and night.
- The climate is relatively dry, so drink more water every day.
- Protecting oneself from strong UV radiation at high altitude.
- Protecting oneself from altitude sickness. Lessen the effects of altitude sickness, avoid strenuous exercise and have plenty of rest.
- Respect local customs , habits, and religious beliefs.
- Situated on the northern edge of the tropical zone, Xishuangbanna area is hot, humid and rainy.
- Don’t forget to take an umbrella or a raincoat when go out.
- When take photos, please pay attention to your safety, do not shoot in dangerous areas.