Yuanyang Hani Rice Terraces Transportation
Since airport and railway station are not available yet in Yuanyang, transportation to Yuanyang rice terraces is relatively simplex. Long-distance bus travel is the main alternative to get to Yuanyang county currently.
How to Get to Yuanyang
There is no airport or railway station in Yuanyang County. You should arrive Kunming first, and then travel to Yuanyang by road to enjoy the Hani rice terraces and other highlights there.
By Long-distance Bus
Lon-distance bus is a main way to get to Yuanyang. You can go directly from Kunming to Yuanyang by long-distance bus, or take a train to Gejiu/Jianshui first, then transfer to Yuanyang. Nansha town, the county seat of Yuanyang County, is about 284 kilometers from Kunming, 71 Kilometers from Mengzi, the government seat of Honghe Prefecture.
Main Bus Stations in Yuanyang
- Yuanyang Xinjie Bus Terminal(元阳新街客运站)
Brief Introduction: It is an important transportation hub in Yuanyang county, mainly operating long-distance bus routes from Yuanyang to Kunming, bus routes from Yuanyang to other counties and cities in Honghe prefecture, as well as from Xinjie town to other towns, townships and villages in yuanyang.
Address: Nearby Provincial Road 214, Xinjie Town, Yuanyang County(元阳县新街镇214省道附近)
- Yuanyang Nansha Bus Terminal(元阳南沙汽车客运站)
Brief Introduction: Yuanyang Nansha Bus Terminal mainly operates the long-distance routes in Yunnan Province.
Address: No.121, Renmin Road, Nansha town, Yuanyang County, Honghe Prefecture红河州元阳县南沙镇人民路121号
Yuanyang Bus Schedule
|Departure Station||Destination||Departure Time||Duration||Fare|
|Kunming South Bus Station||Xinjie Town of Yuanyang||10:20, 12:30, 18:00||5-6 hours||140 yuan/147 yuan|
|Yuanyang Nansha Bus Terminal||Kunming||10:30, 14:00, 18:40||About 5 hours||124 yuan|
|Yuanyang Xinjie Bus Terminal||Kunming||09:05, 12:30, 17:10||5-6 hours||137 yuan|
|Jianshui Bus Terminal||Yuanyang||07:15-18:40||About 2.5 hours||32 yuan|
|Mengzi Bus Terminal||Yuanyang||12:50, 15:30||2-2.5 hours||50 yuan|
|Yuanyang Nansha Bus Terminal||Mengzi||09:35, 15:15||2-2.5 hours||38 yuan|
|Yuanyang Xinjie Bus Terminal||Lvchun County||07:30, 09:50, 10:40, 11:20, 12:00, 12:30, 12:50, 13:30, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00, 18:30||About 2 hours||/|
- Expressways of China
- Transportation in China
- Roads in China
- Kunming-Yuanyang Hani Rice Terraces Bus Schedule
- Nansha Town-Hani Rice Terraces Transportation
At present, there is no direct train from Kunming to Yuanyang. You can take train from Kunming to Jianshui Railway Station/Mengzi Railway Station, and then take regular bus to Yuanyang. It takes about 2 hours from Kunming to Jianshui and 2.5-3 hours from Kunming to Mengzi by train.
At present, there is no airport in Yuanyang, you can't go to Yuanyang by plane. Yuanyang Hani Rice Terraces Airport is under plan and construction, in the coming years, taking flight to Yuanyang could be available.
You can Choose to drive to Yuanyang by yourself along the route of "Kunming-Yuanjiang-Honghe County- Yuanyang County". As follows:
- Kunming to Yuanjiang(Kunyu expressway): 220 kilometers; 3.5 hours; expressway toll of 85 yuan.
- Yuanjiang-Honghe County(S216): 60 kilometers; 1.5 hours, No toll station. Road condition is good, but you should pay attention to falling rocks.
- Honghe County-Yuanyang County(S216): 65 kilometers; 1.5 hours; No toll station. You can view Honghe river landscape along the road.
- Kunming-Yuanyang Rice Terraces Transportation
- Yuanyang County-Lvchun County Transportation
- Yuanyang County-Jinping County Transportation
- Yuanyang County-Jianshui County Transportation
- Yuanyang County-Honghe County Transportation
- Yuanyang County-Hekou County Transportation
- Hekou County-Yuanyang County Transportation
- Mengzi City-Yuanyang County Transportation
How to Get Around Yuanyang
From Xinjie Town of Yuanyang to main scenic spots like Hani rice terraces and local ethnic villages, there is no public bus or taxi. The transportation way for travelers is to take a regular bus or local chartered minibus.
There are regular buses from Xinjie town to other towns, townships and villages in Yuanyang. The most common vehicle in Yuanyang is minibus, mostly contracted by private contractors, which travels between townships and villages with flexible departure times.
|Departure Station||Destination||Departure Time||Duration|
|Yuanyang Xinjie Bus Terminal||Nansha Town of Yuanyang||Every 30 minutes||About 1 hour|
|Yuanyang Xinjie Bus Terminal||Panshihua Township||/||About 1 hour|
|Yuanyang Xinjie Bus Terminal||Shengcun Village(胜村)||10:30, 11:00, 11:30, 12:00, 12:30, 13:00, 13:30, 14:00, 15:00, 16:00||About 30 minutes|
|Yuanyang Xinjie Bus Terminal||Duoyishu||Every 1 hour||About 1 hour|
|Yuanyang Xinjie Bus Terminal||Habo||11:00, 12:30, 13:00, 14:00||2.5 hours|
|Yuanyang Xinjie Bus Terminal||Niujiaozhai Town||11:00, 12:00, 13:00, 14:00||0.5-1 hour|
|Yuanyang Xinjie Bus Terminal||Majie Township||/||1 hour|
|Yuanyang Xinjie Bus Terminal||Shalatuo Township||11:30, 12:30, 13:30||1 hour|
|Yuanyang Xinjie Bus Terminal||Ganiang Township||12:00, 13:30, 16:30||2.5 hours|
Tip: Due to weather and other reasons, the departure time of local regular bus could be changed. Once that happens, you are suggested to consult local drivers or bus terminal, so as not to delay the trip.
If you are pressed for time in Yuanyang, the most convenient way is to charter a minibus that can seat 7 people. The price is commonly 300 yuan/car/day. Some hotels or inns can provide tourists with driver’s cotact information or charter service, you can consult.
- Jianshui County Transportation
- Mengzi City Transportation
- Gejiu City Transportation
- Mile City Transportation
- Kaiyuan City Transportation
- Lvchun County Transportation
- Honghe County Transportation
- Shiping County Transportation
- Pingbian County Transportation
- Jinping County Transportation
- Luxi County Transportation
- Hekou County Transportation