4 Days Cangyuan Monihei Carnival Tour
During Monihei Carnival, you can not only experience the joyful atmosphere which is full of ethnic features, but also appreciate the various natural and human scenery in Cangyuan. With pleasant...
Code of Tour: YET0000003558
Length of Travel: 4 Day
Destinations of Tour: Kunming-Licang-Cangyuan-Licang-Kunming
Departure City: Kunming
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour:
Features of Tour: Culture Minorities Landscape Festivals ethnic villages
During Monihei Carnival, you can not only experience the joyful atmosphere which is full of ethnic features, but also appreciate the various natural and human scenery in Cangyuan. With pleasant weather, you can walk in the famous cliff painting valley and have a visit to Wending Village to discover the unique, extensive and profound culture of Wa minority.
- Discover ethnic minorities in traditional ethnic villages, such as, experience ethnic culture of Wa minority in Wending Village.
- Participate in the crazy and passionate Monihei Carnival.
- Walk in the cliff painting valley and be attracted by the wisdom of Wa ancestors.
- Day 1: Kunming-Cangyuan
- Day 2: Cangyuan
- Day 3: Cangyaun-Wending Village
- Day 4: Departure from Cangyaun
Day 1 Kunming-Licang by flight-Cangyuan
Sightseeing and Activities: Ethnic Villages, Bonfire Night Carnival
Meals: Lunch and dinner
Take the flight to Lincang first, after landing, drive about 4 hours to Cangyuan County. It is a long driving but with very nice scenery on the way. You can drive to Shuangjiang Lahu, Wa, Bulang and Dai Autonomous County, visit the Dai, Wa, Lahu and Bulang ethnic villages on the way.
Arrive in Cangyuan Wa Autonomous County in the afternoon, after dinner you will enjoy the Bonfire Night Carnival in Monihei Square in the downtown.
Day 2 Cangyuan
Sightseeing and Activities: the Cliff Paintings in Cangyuan County, the activities of the Monihei carnival
Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
In the morning, you will move to see the the Cliff Paintings which were created 3,000 years ago, ranking among the oldest cliff paintings in the whole China. Eleven paintings are scattered across several towns in the county. These frescoes are carved on the cliff usually 1,500 meters above the sea level, they depict the daily life and work of locals at the time. The color of the paintings has been known for changing with variations in sunlight, weather and temperature.
Wa ethnic group is an age-old and mysterious minority. People there in Cangyuan have worked hard for more than 3000 years and have created its unique glorious culture. Cangyuan County in southwest of Yunnan province has 3000-year-old cliff painting, Nangunhe Nature Reserve, highly-protected original ecology and abundant animal and plant resources.
The activities of the “Monihei Carnival” of Wa ethnic group mainly involve a grand opening ceremony of song and dance performance, ethnic arts tour, a crazy and passionate “making you black” activity with thousand of people’s participation, ancient cliff painting worship, songs about life in Washan Mountain, campfire party and Wa songs concert.
It is said that the festival takes its meaning from the custom that the people smear the pot ash, ox blood and mud on faces to frighten the evils and seek peace. Tourists can use natural paints to smear each other and pray for each other. “Monihei Carnival” has attracted more and more tourists both from home and abroad to join the activity.
Day 3 Cangyuan-Wengding Village-Cangyuan
Sightseeing and Activities: Wending Village, the activities of the Monihei carnival
Meals: Breakfast, lunch and dinner
Visit Wending Wa Ethnic Village in the morning, you will enjoy the Wooden Drum Dance of Wa ethnic group in the village and experience the ethnic life with local people. Wengding Village retains the original architectural style and residential traditions of Wa minority, and is by far the most well-preserved primitive village. The wooden drum dance is an indispensable dance in traditional sacrificial activities of the Wa Minority in China.
Drive back to Cangyuan after lunch and enjoy the activities of the Monihei Carnival including Folk Creation Song and Singing Contest, Traditional Bullfighting Competition, Steeplechase of Monihei Carnival and so on.
Day 4 Departure from Cangyuan
Sightseeing and Activities: Departure from Cangyuan
Depart from Cangyuan to Lingcang airport for the Departure flight.
|Destination||5 Star||4 Star||4 Star||Hostels|
- Accommodation with daily breakfast as indicated in the hotel list as below;
- Chinese lunches and dinners as listed in the itinerary;
- All land transfers & transportation with private air-conditioned coach;
- All transfers and sightseeing with skilled English-speaking tour guide;
- All entrance fees as mentioned in the itinerary;
- Domestic air tickets fares with airport tax and fuel extra fee based on economy class mentioned in the program;
- Service charge and all government taxes;
- Luggage transfers between airport and hotels;
- Travel Agency’s Responsibility Insurance coverage.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Any meals which are not specified in the tour itinerary;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.