5 Days Gaoli Gongshan Mountain Hiking Tour from Baihualing to Tengchong
Go and give yourself a challenging but beautiful hiking tour in Yunnan, meet “the azaleas King in the world” and find the eight famous flowers in Gaoligongshan. Futhermore, Gaoligongshan is the home...
Code of Tour: YET0000013452
Length of Travel: 5 Day
Destinations of Tour: Baoshan-Baihualing-Jiujie-Linjiapuzi-Heshun Town-Tengchong
Departure City: Baoshan
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour:
Features of Tour: Hiking Landscape Mountains
Go and give yourself a challenging but beautiful hiking tour in Yunnan, meet “the azaleas King in the world” and find the eight famous flowers in Gaoligongshan. Futhermore, Gaoligongshan is the home of many endangered species of animals and plants. In spring, the azaleas are in full bloom and spreads out the hillside and valleys. In addition, waterfalls, snow mountains, lakes and rivers can be easily found there. Gradually, it becomes the paradise for photographer with its fabulous scenery.
- Hiking along in the flowers sea in Gaoligongshan.
- Meet endangered animals and plants on your way.
- Enjoy your relaxing time in Heshun Old Town.
- Day 1 Baoshan
- Day 2 Baoshan-Baihualing
- Day 3 Baihualing – Linjiapuzi
- Day 4 Linjiapuzi – Heshun Town
- Day 5 Tengchong Departure
Day 1 Arrive in Baoshan
Sightseeing and Activities: Arrive in Baoshan
Fly to Baoshan. The local tour guide will meet you in the airport and drive to hotel for checking in.
Baoshan is located in the southwest of Yunnan, bordering Burma to the northwest and south. Benefited from the long boundary line of 167.78 kilometers, the South Silk Route, Yunnan-Burma Road and Stilwell Road cross this land. Known as the famous hometown of overseas Chinese, there are 289,000 overseas Chinese from Baoshan.
Day 2 Baoshan-Baihualing
Sightseeing and Activities: The Primeval Forest Hiking(7km)
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Drive to Baihualing. Start hiking from a primeval forest, pant the way to the outlet of the forest and went over some valleys. Finally, Reach the Big Waterfall where there is a natural hot spring. Move forward to the Big Waterfall, catching terrific natural sight along the way. Then return to the parking lot.
Stay overnight in Baihualing.
The forest is a tropical rainforest with the maximum elevation and latitude. The species of plant are various. The lofty trees with big roots can be found everywhere. The climbing plants grow wildly and attach to the branches of the trees. The reserve is also abundant with herbaceous plant and the old-growth fern. I felt like I was got back to Jurassic period.
Day 3 Baihualing – Linjiapuzi(22km, about 10-12 hours)
Sightseeing and Activities: Hiking, Yongding Bridge, Huangzhu River
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Get up at 6:00 and get things ready and prepare to hike before 7:00. Today is a miserable day as well as a funny day. We will take the spiritual and physical challenge. Wind the way up to Ertai Slope from Jiujie. It’s not a completely ascending route. After climbing up a while, take it easy on the downward slope, go through Dafengbao, Gangfang, Huangzhu River and reached Yongding Bridge. After the bridge, the elevation has an obvious increase and it would snow in Winter above 2800m. Therefore, the route is more challenging. But the picturesque scenery with azure sky, floating cloud, luxuriantly green jungle and dodging animals will ease your pain and tire. After replenishing some food and had a short break, continue your journey. Go over a mountain ridge. Later quickly get out of the pass with strong wind and move westwards along the path in the forest. After 3-hour descending journey, we will get to Linjiapuzi in Tengchong.
Day 4 Linjiapuzi – Heshun Town
Sightseeing and Activities: Heshun Old Town
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
Drive to visit Heshun Old Town.
Heshun Old Town is located in 4 kilometers southwest of Tengchong County. ‘Heshun’ meas peaceful and great life of Heshun people. With a population of more than 6000, the overseas Heshun people total more than 12000 hence the frame ‘ The Home of Overseas Chinese’. Enjoying long history and civilization of more than 600 years, there is around 1000 traditional folk residences in Heshun, 100 of which is built in Qing Dynasty, known as the ‘Living Fossil of Chinese Ancient Architecture’. You can not only appreciate the romantic charm of Hui-style architecture but also find out some western elements in Heshun Old Town. The Chinese and Western style mix together and show a unique charm.
Day 5 Depart from Tengchong
Sightseeing and Activities: Depart from Tengchong
The guide will pick you up and drive to Tengchong airport for departure. Service ends.
Equipment: A pair of hiking shoes, fleece Jackets, combat trousers, a raincoat, a bag, a walking stick, head lamp, vacuum bottle, some snacks like chocolate and cookies, a bathing suit, a camera.
|Destination||5 Star||4 Star||3 Star||Hostels|
|Baoshan||Guanfang Hotel||Baoshan Landu Hotel||Lihong Hotel||Local Guesthouse|
|Tengchong||Guanfang Hotel Tengchong||Empark Grand Hotel Tengchong||Dongfang Xuanyi Holiday Hotel||Yinxingge Guesthouse|
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Accommodation with breakfast as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide and vehicle for transfers & sightseeing;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels;
- Two bottles of mineral water each day.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel insurance;
- All optional programs;
- Since it’s a long journey and challenging, it’s suggested to prepare high-energy food, a bottle of water, a walking stick, fleece Jackets, a kneecap, a head lamp, and do not push yourself to limits.
- Hikers should make a reasonable daily plan according to their physical strength. Usually, you should walk 4-5 km per hour and have a rest under a tree or pavilion for 15 minutes.
- Apart from the necessities, try to shrink your bag. Don’t forget to wear a sunhat and take with a bottle of water in case of sunstroke.
- It’s suggested to hike with others and take care each other as Gaoligongshan Reserve is undeveloped with vast wild animals.
- Carry with a raincoat and a warm clothing as the weather is changeable.