Lijiang Travel Tips
When you go to a new place, you should know some useful information to make your journey more convenient and save your time. Lijiang is always regarded as one of the important destinations in the classical Yunnan Travel. Yunnan Exploration provides the detailed information about Lijiang Travel Tips, which make your Lijiang Travel more convenient and interesting.
- Fire: 119
- Police: 110
- Traffic: 122
- Ambulance: 120
- Area Code: 0888
- Zip Code: 674100
- Weather Forecast: 121
- Consumer Complaint: 12315
- Tourist Complaint: 5123432/5169458/13769012345
- Yunnan Tourism Bureau: 0871—64608322
- Telephone Number Inquiry: 114
Best Time to Visit Lijiang
Lijiang is a place that is suitable to visit at any time. What's more, The best time to visit Lijiang is summer and autumn, which are the most favorable seasons. The temperatures in spring and winter differ greatly.
What to Pack in Lijiang
- Spring(March-May): The temperatures in spring differ greatly between day and night. Therefore, the long-sleeve shirt, thick sweater and coat are necessary for your Lijiang Travel in spring. What's more, you'd better wear the clothes that are convenient for putting on and taking off.
- Summer(June-August): When you choose to come to Lijiang in summer, these things are necessary, such as shirts, skirts and shorts. What's more, a light coat or sweater is necessary for early morning and night. If you want to climb Jade Dragon Snow Mountain or visit the mountainous areas, you must bring the warmer clothes. In summer, the ultraviolet ray is very strong, so please bring the sunglasses and sun cream.
- Autumn(September-November): Temperatures between day and night differ greatly. Therefore, it is necessary to bring the long-sleeve shirts, light sweater, coat, etc. It is cold in the early morning and night.
- Winter(December-February): Due to the large temperature difference, the warm clothes, such as coat, thick sweater and down jacket, are necessary for your Lijiang Travel in winter.
Important Travel Tips for Visiting Lijiang
How to Get to Lijiang
Lijiang Transportation, to some extent, is strongly linked to Lijiang Tours. As a famous tourist attraction in China, Lijiang has the best transport network compared with other sightseeing places in China. At present, the main transportation methods in Lijiang are consisted of airplane, trains, buses and so on. Lijiang has an extensive public transport system, largely based on buses, taxis. Therefore, it is very convenient to get to Lijiang by air, train, long-distance bus.
More about Lijiang Transportation
Lijiang is always regarded as the one of the important destinations in the classical Yunnan Travel. What's more, Lijiang Dining is as beautiful as the sceneries here. Especially, the dishes historically cooked by the Naxi people, the main ethnic group in Lijiang, should not be missed when you come to Lijiang. To some extent, Lijiang is a melting-pot for many different cultures. Therefore, when you come to Lijiang, you can eat the food from around Yunnan Province and other Chinese dishes. Whether in the small stalls, or in a small restaurant with a strong Naxi style, you can taste a lots of different and delicious food in Lijiang.
More about Lijiang Dining
Lijiang is always regarded as one of the important destinations in the classical Yunnan Travel. When you travel to Lijiang, you can not only enjoy the beautiful sceneries, taste the delicious food, but also take many specialties home. Lijiang Shopping Tour is a great tourism route, which makes you forget to leave Lijiang. Yunnan Exploration will introduce the main local products and solve the problem-what to buy in Lijiang and where to buy in Lijiang.
Where to Stay in Lijiang
Lijiang Accommodation will solve the problem-where to stay in Lijiang. Lijiang Accommodation and Hotels Booking introduces the recommended 5-star luxury hotels, comfortable, economic and cheap hostels in Lijiang. As a top tourist resort, there are a lot of inns and hotels in Lijiang with different standards. You may have enjoyed the 5-star modern hotels, however, it will be special to stay at hotels with traditional style and standard hygiene like Inter Continental Lijiang Ancient Town Resort which presents beautiful Nakhi courtyard architecture, surrounded by lush greenery. You want to get the celebrity treatment with world-class service, well, live in at Hotel Indigo Lijiang Ancient Town. Lijiang, as one of the important destinations in the Classical Yunnan Travel, is famous for the numerous hotels and you can always choose the most suitable hotel for your Lijiang Tour.
Matters need attention
- Try not to take a bath.
- Prepare some disposable toilet seats.
- Wash your hands after using the remote control.
- It is best not to wear plastic slippers provided by the hotel.
- Before using the water glass, use the boiling water to disinfect.
- Although the hotel's bed sheet is replaced every day, it is best to prepare a set of comfortable pajamas
Things to Do in Lijiang
When you come to Lijiang, do not worry what to do in Lijiang. Lijiang Attractions are abundant and are full of all kinds, including natural sceneries, human sceneries and villages where you can experience the rich ethnic culture. As the capital of Naxi Kingdom, Lijiang is one of important UNESCO Heritage Sites. The beautifully preserved Lijiang Ancient Town is abundant in natural and cultural resources. Lijiang is a paradise for the natural attractions, such as the grand Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, wonderful Tiger Leaping Gorge, mysterious Lugu Lake. There are a number of places of historical interest and natural scenic spots in Lijiang for your exploration. Come to Lijiang and take a unique Lijiang Tour for your Yunnan Travel.
Top Attractions in Lijiang
Lijiang, a place with long history, is always a heaven for many people all over the world. Lijiang is also a perfect destination for people who want to seek for antiquity, explore the fascinating natural sceneries. When you come to Lijiang, the top attractions in Lijiang are must-visit. Lijiang, known as a land of wonders, both natural and man-made, will make you forget to leave.
- Lijiang Ancient Town
- Jade Dragon Snow Mountain
- Tiger Leaping Gorge
- Lugu Lake
- Shuhe Ancient Town
- Lashi Lake
- Black Dragon Pool
- Mu's Residence
- First Bend of Yangtze River
- Baisha Murals
- Blue Moon Valley
- Ganhaizi Meadow
- Lige Island
- Three Parallel Rivers
- Impression Lijiang Show
Matters need attention
- Take care of your luggage and important things, such as passport and visa.
- Check out the weather report before your travel. Do not go sightseeing in bad weather.
- Respect and follow local custom and avoid conflicts.
- Hiking Tour to Elephant Mountain in Lijiang
- How to Plan Lijiang Hiking Tour
- Things to Do in Lugu Lake, Lijiang
- How to Visit in the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain in Lijiang
- 9 Tour Routes and Travel Tips for Lijiang Laojun Mountain National Park
- Three Hiking Tour Routes and Tips for Lijiang Laojun Mountain National Park
- When is The Best Time to Visit Tiger Leaping Gorge
- Jade Dragon Snow Mountain Travel Tips
Banks in Lijiang
You can use cash and your passport to exchange for Chinese Yuan in every branch of Bank of China without fees charged. And 17 kinds of currency are supported, such as English pound, US dollar, Singapore dollar, Euro and so on.
- Bank of China(Lijiang City Branch)(中国银行(丽江市分行))
Add: No. 179 Changshui Road, Gucheng District, Lijiang City, Yunnan Province(云南省丽江市古城区长水路179号)
- Bank of China(Fuhui Sub-branch)(中国银行(福慧支行))
Add: No. 583 Fuhui Road, Gucheng District, Lijiang City, Yunnan Province(云南省丽江市古城区福慧路583号)
- Bank of China(Lijiang Shangri-La Sub-branch)(中国银行(丽江市香格里支行))
Add: No. 9 Qixing Street, Gucheng District, Lijiang City, Yunnan Province(云南省丽江市古城区七星街9号)
- Bank of China(Gucheng Sub-branch)(中国银行(古城支行))
Add: No. 42 Yuyuan Road, Gucheng District, Lijiang City(丽江市古城区玉缘路42号)
- China Construction Bank(Shangri-La Sub-branch)(中国建设银行(香格里拉支行))
Add: No. 112 Shangri-LA Avenue(香格里大道1112号)
- Agricultural Bank of China(Lijiang Yulong Sub-branch)(中国农业银行(丽江玉龙支行))
Expresses and Post Offices in Lijiang
- China Post(Post Office in Changshui Road)(中国邮政(长水路邮电所))
Add: No. 297 Changshui Road, Gucheng District, Lijiang City, Yunnan Province(云南省丽江市古城区长水路297号)
- China Post(Shangri-la Post Office)(中国邮政(香格里拉邮政所))
Add: No. 813 Shangri-la Avenue(香格里大道813)
- Post Office in Xiangshan Road(象山路邮政所)
Add: No. 111 Xiangshan Road, Gucheng District, Lijiang City, Yunnan Province(云南省丽江市古城区象山路111)
- YunDa Express(Xianghe Road)(韵达快递(祥和路))
Add: No. 66 Wenhua Alley, Yishang Street, Gucheng District, Lijiang City, Yunnan Province(云南省丽江市古城区义尚街文华巷66号)
- ZTO Express(中通快递)
Add: No. 62 Upper Section of Jinjia Street, Gucheng District, Lijiang City(丽江市古城区金甲街上段62号)
- SF Express(顺丰速运)
Add:No. 101 of Unit 2, Building B4, Jinjia Apartment, Gucheng District, Lijiang City, Yunnan Province (云南省丽江市古城区金甲公寓B4栋2单元101号)
- SF Express(Longquan Road)(顺丰速运(龙泉路店))
Add: Nearby No. 7 Villager Group, Dongkang Village, Shuhe Ancient Town(束河古镇东康村7组附近)
Hospitals in Lijiang
- Lijiang People's Hospital(丽江市人民医院)
Add: No. 526 Fuhui Road, Gucheng District, Lijiang City, Yunnan Province(云南省丽江市古城区福慧路526号)
- Gucheng People's Hospital(古城区人民医院)
Add: No. 50 Fuhui Road, Gucheng District, Lijiang City(丽江市古城区福慧路50号)
- Lijiang Maternal and Child Health Care(丽江市妇幼保健院)
Add: No. 18 Yufu Road, Gucheng District, Lijiang City(丽江市古城区玉福路18号)
- Shunrong Hospital(Renai Road)(顺荣医院(仁爱路))
Add: No. 210-212 Renai Road(仁爱路210-212)
- Kunhua Hospital(昆华医院)
Add: No. 65 Middle Xueshan Road(雪山中路65号)
- Lijiang Cancer Hospital(丽江肿瘤医院)
Add: No. 227 Lower Section, Qixing Street(七星街下段227号)
- Lijiang Jiuzhou Hospital(丽江九洲医院)
Add: The opposite of New Bus Station, East Section of Kangzhong Road(康仲路东段新客运站对面)
- Lijiang Modern Hospital(丽江现代医院)
Add: No. 80 North Section of Minzhu Road, Gucheng District(古城区民主路北段80号)
- Lijiang Shuguang Hospital(丽江曙光医院)
Add: No. 105 Qingyun Road, Xueshan Road, Gucheng District, Lijiang(丽江市古城区雪山路卿云村105号)
- Lijiang Minsheng Hospital(丽江民生医院)
Add: No. 52 Baihua Road(白华路52号)
Other Travel Tips for Visiting Lijiang
- In China, please had better not travel in peak seasons, such as Chinese New Year, International Labor Day and National Day. If you want to experience the traditional festival culture, Taking a tour during the traditional festivals of China can get the opportunity to experience the festivals culture.
- Be careful of the changeable temperature. A few chilly days could be followed by relatively hot weather. So it is better to take some early winter clothes to protect you away from the sudden low temperature.
- Lijiang is more than 2,418 meters above sea level. Some people may have a little altitude sickness, but it's usually not serious. If you want to go to the Jade Dragon Snow Mountain, which is more than 4,000 meters above sea level, it is better to take more preventive measures. Before going to the plateau, you can take some medicines to alleviate the altitude reaction, such as rhodiola rosea, American ginseng tablet and so on.