Tengchong Travel Tips
This page offers some useful Tengchong Travel Tips for you to get a better travel experience. Tengchong is located at the westernmost edge of Yunnan Province. It features a unique volcanic landscape with volcanic parks, hot springs, wetlands, waterfalls clustered among the region. For a better travel experience, it's necessary to read the information below. Tengchong travel tips will also contribute to your Yunnan Travel.
|Phone Dialing Code||0875|
|Tengchong Airport Inquiry||0875-5198866|
|City Bus Complaint||0875-5181650|
|Tengchong Tourist Bus Station||0875-5161526|
|Tengchong Tourist Bus Station||0875-5152363|
|Tengchong Tourism Bureau||0875-5151919|
|Yunnan Tourism Service Hotline||0871-12301|
|Tengchong Security Bureau||0875-5131246|
Best Time to Visit Tengchong
As with many places of Yunnan province, Tengchong experiences a mild subtropical highland climate. Visitors could travel to Tengchong at any time of the whole year. Tengchong neither has a extremely freezing winter nor a burning summer. Besides, different seasons in Tengchong offer different sceneries. The best time to visit Ginkgo village is from mid-November to early December. It is suggested that the best time to visit Tengchong is mid to late April.
Tengchong Dressing Tips
- Spring (March through May) begins early and remains relatively dry and sunny until May, when there is a dramatic uptick in frequency and amount of rainfall that lasts until late September. Humidity and temperatures combine to make this season feel moderate. Highs range from 77.1°F (25.1°C) and 69.2°F (20.7°C) with warmer temperatures in the later months. Some travelers choose to travel at this time because they could appreciate the growing green and their vitality.
What to Pack: Shorts or short pants, Skirts, Long and short sleeve shirts, Light footwear, Sunscreen lotion, Waterproof luggage, Rain gear.
- Summer (June through August) is warm, rainy and generally overcast, with August, the warmest month, averaging 19.9 °C (67.8 °F). The middle-year months have very comfortable weather with high temperatures that are comfortable. It is the time to appreciate the wetland and the waterfall. June – August is the second busiest season for tourism in Tengchong, so lodging and other accommodations may cost slightly more.
What to Pack: Shorts or short pants, Dresses, Skirts, Long and short sleeve shirts, Sandals, Sunscreen lotion, Waterproof luggage, Rain gear.
- Autumn (September through November) experiences an abrupt reduction in rainfall and its return to sunniness. Fall daily highs range from 76.9°F (24.9°C) and 65.6°F (18.7°C), which will feel comfortable given the humidity and wind. It rains or snows a significant amount: 2 to 14 days per month. Tourism is the slowest during these months due to the weather, so hotels may be affordably priced.
What to Pack: Shorts or short pants, Dresses, Long and short sleeve shirts, Sunscreen lotion, Waterproof luggage, Umbrella.
- Winter (December through February) is always mild and very dry and sunny, although average lows in January are barely above the freezing mark; January, the coolest month, has a 24-hour average temperature of 8.1 °C (46.6 °F).
What to Pack: Jacket or coat, Standard footwear, Warm pants or jeans, Fleeces, Socks, Light gloves or mittens, Waterproof luggage, Umbrella
What and Where to Eat in Tengchong
Tengchong Food in Yunnan is unique, which is completely different from the normal flavor of Yunnan, with oil but not greasy, moderate hot and sour, sweet and refreshing. Home-cooked dishes of Tengchong are dominated with acid and spicy, and the most used condiments are sour bamboo shoot, pickles, hot pepper, etc. The famous Tengchong cuisines and snacks include Dajiujia (大救驾), Tengchong Ersi, “Guozi” and Xiacun Doufen /Beancurd Jelly (下村豆粉), etc. When you travel to Tengchong, you shouldn't miss these must-try food in Tengchong.
More about Tengchong Dining
Where to Stay in Tengchong
Tengchong accomodation has wide range of choices of hotels in Tengchong City. Different styles of hotels are offered from luxury ones to budget ones wherever you want to stay in Tengchong. You can choose best hotels in Tengchong such as Banyan Tree Tengchong (腾冲玛御谷悦榕庄), Bolian Resort Hotel Tengchong (腾冲和顺柏联酒店) and Huajian Meisu Qingshe Holiday Courtyard, etc. Other comfortable and economic hotels and inns are also available in Tengchong.
More about Tengchong Accommodation
Things to Do in Tengchong
Visitors to Tengchong shouldn't miss the most popular and featured attractions such as The Cluster of Volcanoes,and Rehai Hot Spring. Heshun Ancient Town, Tengchong Confucian Temple and The Museum of Yunnan-Burmese Anti-Japanese War are the best sites to know about the culture and history of Tengchong while Jiangdong Ginkgo Village is the highlight of the Autumn in Tengchong. You can join in our birding tour to Gaoligong Mountain and ethnic minority discovery tours in Tengchong. Hot spring rereation is also popular among tourists. Moreover, the “Fantastic Tengchong” Performance is a window to the history and culture of Tengchong.
- Tengchong Attractions
- Tengchong Tours
- Nightlife and Entertainment in Tengchong
- "Fantastic Tengchong" Performance
Other Useful Information
There are more than 10 post offices serving in Tengchong. Here we just list some of them.
- Tengchong City Post Office (腾冲市邮政局)
Add: Manyi Community, Tengchong, Baoshan
- Gudong Post Office (固东镇邮政局)
Add: West Street, Gudong Town, Tengchong, Baoshan
- Houqiao Post Office (猴桥镇邮政局)
Add: Houqiao Town, Tengchong, Baoshan
You can use your credit card, traveler's check or cash to exchange for RMB in some branches of Banks in Tengchong.
- People's Bank of China(Tengchong Central Branch)
Add: No. 38, Jiayuan Community, Tengchong, Baoshan
- Bank of China(Baoshan Branch)
Add: No.170, Rongteng Community, Tengyue Town, Tengchong, Baoshan
- China Construction Bank(Tengchong Branch)
Add: No.59, Rongteng Community, Tengchong, Baoshan
- Tengchong People's Hospital (腾冲人民医院)
Add: No.139, Minghe Community, Tengyue Town, Tengchong 腾越镇天成社区明和小区139号
Tel: 0875-5142713; 0875-5133072
- Tengchong Maternal and Child Health Hospital (腾冲妇幼保健院)
Add: No.2, Shajiaxiang Community, Tengyue Town, Tengchong 腾越镇沙家巷社区2号
- Tengchong Maternal and Child Health Hospital (腾冲东方医院)
Add: Opposite the Tengchong Bus Station, Dongfang Road 东方路腾冲客运站对面
- Tengchong Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospital (腾冲中医院)
Add: Manyi Community, Tengyue Town, Tengchong 腾越镇满邑社区
- Tengchong Xinhua Book Store (腾冲新华书店)
Address: Near the No.3, Shunhua Area, Tengchong County
- Siyuan Culture Book Store(腾冲思源书店)
Address: Xiufeng Community, Tengchong County
- Tengchong Tourism Bureau (腾冲市旅游局)
Add: No. 165, Zhongcun Residential Complex, Manyi Community, Tengyue Town 腾越镇满邑社区中村小区165号
- Rehai Hot Spring Scenic Area Tourist Center (热海景区游客服务中心)
Add: Rehai Hot Spring Scenic Area, Tengchong 腾冲市热海景区
- Tengchong Tourism and Vacation Zone Management Committee (腾冲旅游度假区管委会)
Most toilets in the city charge no more than 0.5 yuan. Visitors can find free sanitary toilets in some large department stores or fast food restaurants.
- Tengchong is a volcanic area with numerous hot springs, but tourists who are allergic to minerals such as sulfur should not bath in hot springs. The time for bathing in hot springs should not be too long. It is recommended to take a short rest after 15-20 minutes.
- From Baoshan City to Tengchong, you will pass Gaoligong Mountain, where the altitude is high and there are many road bends, which are easy to cause altitude reaction. In addition, because of the complex terrain in Gaoligong Mountain, it is more suitable for young and middle-aged tourists to explore in the mountain, and it is better to invite professional guides to accompany them throughout the tour.
- It is best to take rain gear when traveling to Tengchong.
- If you do not have the ability to judge the quality of jade, please do not buy them at stalls or roadside shops. They may be fake or inferior goods. It is recommended to buy them at regular stores.
- Tengchong in Yunnan is a minority area, tourists should respect local ethnic customs.
- The temperature difference between day and night in Tengchong is relatively large. You can wear a coat in the morning and evening. The ultraviolet ray is strong, please bring sunblocks.
- Please pay attention to your safety during photographic tour and do not shoot or climb in dangerous areas.
- Best Places to Visit in Tengchong City
- When is The Best Time to Visit Tengchong City？
- Hiking Routes of Birding Tour in Gaoli Gongshan Mountain in Yunnan
- Top 10 Tengchong Tourist Attractions and Things To Do Rated on TripAdvisor
Regional Travel Tips
- Shidian County Travel Tips
- Heshun Ancient Town Travel Tips
- Baihualing Travel Tips
- Longling County Travel Tips
- Changning County Travel Tips