1 Day East XishuangBanna Tour to Menglun Tropical Botanical Garden and Dai Minority Garden
Xishuangbanna shares 996km boundary with Burma and Laos, 550 km south of Kunming. Xishuangbanna Dai Autonomous Prefecture is a very attractive destination for tourists as well as important gateway...
Code of Tour: YET0000008298
Length of Travel: 1 Day
Destinations of Tour: Jinghong-Menglun-Ganlanba-Jinghong
Departure City: Jinghong
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour:
Features of Tour: Nature Culture Minorities Rivers
Xishuangbanna shares 996km boundary with Burma and Laos, 550 km south of Kunming. Xishuangbanna Dai Autonomous Prefecture is a very attractive destination for tourists as well as important gateway to Southeast Asia. In addition, it is regarded as the Kingdom of Animal and Plant, with lush tropical forest containing varied wild lives. For your notice, many of them are rare. We’ll take you to Menglun Tropical Botanical Garden and Dai Minority Garden. It is a perfect combination of natural exploration and cultural experience.
- Appreciate Mekong on the way to visit a local market to epxlore the daily lives fo natives.
- Enjoy the view of tropical botanical garden-get very close to the nature.
Day 1 Jinghong-Ganlanba-Menglun-Jinghong
Sightseeing and Activities:Ganlanba, local market, Menglun Tropical Botanical Garden
In the morning, drive along the Mekong River to Ganlanba, a traditional Dai inhabitancy region, enjoy the views along the river, in Ganlanaba, see a lively daily local market of Dai people first, then drive off main road into countryside to visit village and temple to find out the life and culture facts of Dai people, the dominant ethnic group of the region, if like, enter their house built on stilts and have a chat with them. Further move in the east to Menglun, where the biggest Tropical Botanical Garden of China is situated, which holds more than 3000 species, enjoy nice scenery in the garden and learn about some interesting plants, short walk in rainforest zone, the most natural part of garden is especially recommended, tourists seldom go there, very quiet and original, for simple knowledge about rainforest, the most bio-diversified vegetation type in the world, it’s a good place. Return to Jinghong on the different way, mountainous but scenic, across rainforest, if time permits, drop in village of Jinuo, the last ethnic group classified by Chinese government in 1979, with population of only 20 thousand, they uniquely belong to this region.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Meals not listed in the itinerary;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.