1 Day Shangri-La Cycling Tour with Napahai Lake, Tibetan Village and Songzanlin Monastery
Being located 8 kilometers northwest of Shangri-La County Town, Napahai Lake means “the forest beside the lake”, which covers 660,000 square meters. During this tour, we will start from...
Code of Tour: YET0000017169
Length of Travel: 1 Day
Destinations of Tour: Shangrila
Departure City: Shangri-La
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour:
Features of Tour: Nature Culture Minorities Cycling
Being located 8 kilometers northwest of Shangri-La County Town, Napahai Lake means “the forest beside the lake”, which covers 660,000 square meters. During this tour, we will start from the downtown area of Shangri-La city and cycle to Napahai Lake and visit some Tibetan Villages on the way. In the afternoon, head to visit the Little Potala Palace – Songzanlin Monastery.
- Visit the most famous Lamaist monasteries in Shangri-La.
- Discover Tibetan ethnic culture.
- Enjoy the wonderful sceneries when cycling to Napahai Lake.
Day 1 Shangri-La – Napa Lake – Shangri-La
Sightseeing and Activities:Napahai Lake, Songzanlin Monastery, Tibetan villages
Pick you up from your hotel and start the cycling from Shangri-La downtown. Cycle about 8 km to a beautiful alpine lake – Napahai Lake in the morning. The lake is a nature reserve for birds, especially the black-necked crane. During the cycling, visit some Tibetan villages.
After lunch, Visit Songzanlin Monastery, where the Yellow Hat School of Tibetan Buddhism is practiced. Built in 1679, the monastery is the largest Tibetan Buddhist monastery in Yunnan province and is sometimes referred to as the Little Potala Palace.
Cycling back to Shangri-La downtown. Service ends.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Meals not listed in the itinerary;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.