3 Days XishuangBanna Tea Culture Tour to Yiwu and Nannuo Tea Mountains
The Yiwu Tea Planting Area is located in the Yiwu Township of Mengla County. By the end of the Qing dynasty, large numbers of Han merchants arrived in Yiwu and...
Code of Tour: YET0000008297
Length of Travel: 3 Day
Destinations of Tour: Jinghong-Menghai-Menglun-Yiwu-Jinghong
Departure City: Jinghong
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour:
Features of Tour: Nature Minorities Tea ethnic villages
The Yiwu Tea Planting Area is located in the Yiwu Township of Mengla County. By the end of the Qing dynasty, large numbers of Han merchants arrived in Yiwu and began growing tea. During the 1920’s, Yunnan’s earliest tea industry testing ground at Nannuo Mountain was established. The area contains vast tea growing areas and possesses a long history of growing tea.It is also the oldest test-bed of industrialization in Xishuangbanna.
- Visit ancient tea mountain – Nannuo Yiwu and Jinuo Mountain.
- Appreciate ancient tea trees, tea plantations and tea culture.
- Meet minority cultures of Aini, Dai and Jinuo.
- Day 1: Jinghong – Nannuo Mountain – Menghai – Jinghong
- Day 2: Jinghong – Yiwu Tea Mountain – Menglun
- Day 3: Menglun – Jinuo Mountain – Jingong
Day 1 Jinghong-Nannuo Mountain-Menghai-Jinghong
Sightseeing and Activities:Mount Nannuo, Aini people and Aini village, tea workshop
Starting from Jinghong, drive to Mount Nannuo, see ancient tea plantation aged over 800 years of Aini people, who have been engaged in tea-planting here for centuries, visit their village and taste roasted tea they prepared in unique way, through chat we may discover how much Aini people rely on tea. Move on to Menghai, pay visit to small tea workshop in the village to learn about how fresh tea leaves are processed. Further transfer into mountainous area to Bada, do some hiking across forest to worship the King of Wild Tea Tree aged over 1700 years. In late afternoon drive all the way back to Jinghong. Stay in Jinghong.
Day 2 Jinghong-Yiwu Tea Mountain-Menglun
Sightseeing and Activities:Ganlanba, Yiwu Tea Mountain, Menglun Botanical Garden
Accommodation: Wanglian Hotel in the botanical garden
Go along the Mekong to Ganlanba, a major residential area of Dai People, see a lively daily market where local people sell or buy food and other native products. Drive to Yiwu, a small town once boomed due to tea trade in the history, see the old part of town and the stele erected in Qing Dynasty that recorded the trade situation at that time, pay visit to local families that are still producing Pu’er Tea the traditional way. Back to Menglun, visit the biggest Tropical Botanical Garden of China, enjoy the nice view and quietness in garden. Stay at hotel in the garden.
Day 3 Menglun-Jinuo Mountain-Jinghong
Sightseeing and Activities:Jinuo Mountain
Enjoy morning freshness in the botanical garden, have a relaxing walk in natural zone for a short experience, learn the great bio-diversity of rainforest, later leave botanical garden for Jinuo Mountain Area, visit Jinuo People, who uniquely belongs to this region, which is the last ethnic nationality classified by Chinese Government in 1979. See the ancient tea plantations around Jinuo village, which used to be one of Six Great Tea Mountains reputed as the cradles of famous Pu’er Tea, try Wrap-charcoaled Tea and Salad Tea Jinuo people prepare in their traditional way. Back to Jinghong. Tour ends.
|Xile Hot Spring Hotel
|Tai’ anmeng Holiday Hotel
|Rainforest Paradise Inn
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Hotels as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Flight Tickets from Kunming to Lijiang;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.