1 Day South XishuangBanna Tour to Damenglong White Pagoda and Dai Ethnic Villages
If you are planning on a tour in Xishuangbanna, this 1 Day Damenglong White Pagoda and Dai Ethnic Village Tour can never be missed. The tour starts with a...
Code of Tour: YET0000008295
Length of Travel: 1 Day
Destinations of Tour: Jinghong-Damenglong-Jinghong
Departure City: Jinghong
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour:
Features of Tour: Nature Minorities Wildlife ethnic villages
If you are planning on a tour in Xishuangbanna, this 1 Day Damenglong White Pagoda and Dai Ethnic Village Tour can never be missed. The tour starts with a drive to a small town Dongfeng, passing by a vast rubber plantation. You can enjoy the natural scenery and local ethnic villages near the plantation. Explore the White Pagoda and then An Authentic Local Market, where local people sell many kinds of fresh products and handcrafts. Generally, it’s a good way to discover the local life when you soak up the atmosphere.
- Visit local rubber plantation to explore daily lives of the natives.
- Appreciate plants and wild lives in the rainforest.
- Meet the oldest building of Xishuangbanna – the White Stupas.
Day 1 Jinghong-Damenglong-Jinghong
Sightseeing and Activities:Dongfeng local market, Manfeilong Village, White Stupas, villages of Dai
Start in the morning from Jinghong. Drive in a valley across vast rubber plantation to Dongfeng, a small town inhabited by mostly Han immigrants from inland of China in 1960s, they are descendants of inaugurators who created big state-owned rubber plantation for country. See a local market here, brand new buildings around make it difficult for you to imagine how it looked 50 years ago, wildness, rainforest, dangerous animals, malaria. Continue the drive along the edge of basin to Manfeilong Village, behind which on top of hill perched the famous White Stupas. Built in 1204, it’s the oldest building of Xishuangbanna, as well one of the most famous Theravada Buildings of China, whole construction looks like a group of growing bamboo shoots. Later explore villages of Dai, tourists seldom visit this region, so local life and culture still go in traditional way, although with the profit from private rubber plantations, most villagers have moved in modern concrete villas. Return Jinghong in the afternoon.
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.