2 Days Meili Snow Mountain and Yubeng Village Hiking Tour from Shangri-La
Yubeng Village is a beautiful and miraculous place. When trekking in Yubeng Village, tourists will have a sense of walking at Shangri-La. Located at the back of the Meli...
Code of Tour: YET0000058966
Length of Travel: 2 Day
Destinations of Tour: Shangri La-Benzilan-Feilaisi-Xidang Village-Yubeng-Shenpu Waterfall-Xidang Village-Shangri La
Departure City: Shangri-La
Price of Tour: Request
Type of Tour:
Features of Tour:
Yubeng Village is a beautiful and miraculous place. When trekking in Yubeng Village, tourists will have a sense of walking at Shangri-La. Located at the back of the Meli Snow Mountain, it is surrounded by mountains. Because of its unique location, there are only 20 households living here and connects outside world only with one small road. Yubeng Village is divided into upper village and lower village. From upper village, tourists can go to the base camp of the Joint Sino-Japanese,while from the lower village, tourists can go to Yubeng, Ancient Seal Character and other scenic spots.
During 5 Days Meili Snow Mountain and Yubeng Village Hiking Tour from Shangri-La, you will visit Baima Snow Mountain and Great Bend of Yangtze River on the way, and then transfer to view Meili Snow Mountain and have an trekking experience at Yubeng village including Ice Lake, Shenpu Sacred Waterfalls, Ninong Valley and Mekong Grand Canyon.
- Step into Ganden Sumtseling Monastery to experience dignified aesthetic implication of Buddhism.
- Explore Climbing Tour in Meili Snow Mountain Scenic Area.
- Breathe in a primitive national park as well as the first national park in China – Pudacuo National Park.
- Day 1: Shangri-La – Deqin -Feilaisi-Yubeng Village
- Day 2: Yubeng Village–Shenpu Waterfalls-Yubeng Village-Feilaisi-Shangri-La
Day 01 Shangri-La – Deqin -Feilaisi-Xidang Village-Yubeng Village
Sightseeing and Activities:Nixi Pottery Village, Dongzhulin Monastery, the First Bend of Jinsha River, Baima Snow Mountain, Meili Snow Mountain
Meals: Breakfast and Lunch
In the morning, drive 4 to 5 hours to Deqin County (3400m altitude) which is 187km away from Shangri-La. The view along the way is fantastic with different kinds of trees, streams down the valley, prayer flags and stupas, and Tibetan villages. From Shangri-La, after half an hour driving, you will have a panoramic view of Naxi Pottery Village; drive down to the river valley, continue the nice scenery along the Jinsha River to Benzilan Town where you will have lunch.
After lunch, drive uphill to the Dongzhulin Monastery which is located in Shusong Village, Benzilan District, Deqin County, and 105km from the seat of Zhongdian County. The Yunnan-Tibet Road passes behind the temple and cars can get straight to the temple. The Dongzhulin Monastery was built in 1667, the sixth year of the Kang Xi Period in Qing Dynasty. Visit the First Bend of Jinsha River or Moon Bend, which is the boundary between Sichuan and Yunnan. This is different from the First Bend of Yangtze River in Lijiang City. The bend in Shigu Town changes the flow direction of the Yangtze River but in Benzilan, the Moon Bend is just a grand bend between the mountains with an impressive scenery. Visit Baimang Snow Mountain Nature Reserve, you will be able to view Baima Snow Mountain if the weather is clear, pass the top part of today at 4292m altitude at 156km.
Visit Feilai Lamasery, which also faces the peaks of the Meili Snow Mountains.
Arrive in Feilaisi in the late afternoon, Go on up to Wunongding Viewing Platform for the classic panoramic view of the Meili Snow Mountains. You will have a nice sunset view of Meili Snow Mountain from the Sightseeing Platform, where you can see the 13 white pagodas meaning of the 13 peaks of Meili Snow Mountain over 6,000 meters (19,685 feet) above sea level, known as the “Prince’s 13 peaks”.
Drive from Feilai Lamasery to Xidang Village, and then change to a SUV to get to Yubeng Village.
Day 02 Upper Yubeng Village-Shenpu Waterfalls -Feilaisi-Shangri La
Sightseeing and Activities: The Sacred Waterfall, Lower Yubeng Village, Yubeng Village,Mekong River Grand Canyon
Accommodation: Upper Yubeng Village
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Today we enjoy breakfast with breathtaking views of Mt. Kawagebo, if weather permits. We then hike to Yubeng waterfall and enjoy picnic lunch on the way (5-6 hours roundtrip, steep hike); we visit sacred sites, such as the local Tibetan Buddhist temple; return to village; in late afternoon, sip traditional Dri( a female YAK) butter tea with a farmer in Upper Yubeng village, while chatting about local life.Stay overnight at Yubeng Village (local guesthouse will be booked on your own).
The Sacred Waterfall is also formed by the melting water from Meili Snow Mountain. The scenery around the waterfall changes with the seasons. The large amount of melting snow water in spring and summer can increase the flow of the waterfall, make it amazing and spectacular. At other times there is just a steady flow of water down the mountains.
It is a holy land in the heart of Tibetans and they bathe under the Sacred Waterfall to clean their souls. One can circulate the waterfall three times in a clockwise direction in accordance with Tibetan tradition to pray for good luck.
Come back to Yubeng Village, take the SUV to Xidang Village. Meet your driver and drive back to Shangri-La in the afternoon.
|Destination||5 Star||4 Star||3 Star||Hostels|
|Yubeng||/||/||/||Yujian Meili Hostel|
|Feilaisi||Songtsam Feilaisi Resort||Guanjing Tiantang Hotel||Mingzhu Hotel||Local Hostel|
- Admission fees for all of the sightseeing spots listed in the itinerary;
- Meals as listed in the itinerary;
- Hotels as listed in the itinerary;
- Private English-speaking tour guide;
- Private vehicle for transfers & sightseeing with skilled driver;
- Service charge & government taxes;
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels.
- Any arrival and departure international airfares or train tickets;
- Chinese visa fees;
- Excess baggage charged by Airlines;
- Single room supplement;
- Tips to guides and drivers;
- Personal expenses and gratuities to service staff;
- Personal travel accident insurance;
- All optional programs.
- Visitors are advised to always carry changes of clothing due to the large variations in temperature between day and night.
- The climate is relatively dry, so drink more water every day.
- Protecting oneself from strong UV radiation at high altitude.
- Protecting oneself from altitude sickness. Lessen the effects of altitude sickness, avoid strenuous exercise and have plenty of rest.
- Respect local customs , habits, and religious beliefs.
- Situated on the northern edge of the tropical zone, Xishuangbanna area is hot, humid and rainy.
- Do not forget to take an umbrella or a raincoat when go out.
- When take photos, please pay attention to your safety, do not shoot in dangerous areas.